Define Combat Healing In the MOTD - Accepted

Mattie

What are you suggesting? - A clear in depth definition of Combat Healing and Combat in general,
Currently Combat Healing is against the rules and is defined in the MOTD as:
"Never combat heal (Healing yourself or someone else while in an active shootout)."
I propose an amendment to this that states an Active Shootout is sustaining or providing direct or indirect fire onto an enemy. this would mean that if you are behind cover you are still in combat until a reasonable amount of time has passed for combat to dissipate, move or end. It would also further reinforce that Being underfire but not taking damage is still being in combat and thus removes any misconception about when the it is okay to heal. Combat should end after X amount of time of Inactive Directed Fire or you are safe from being pushed by the enemy, E.G Being on the other side of a locked door they can't easily open.

How would this change better the server? - Clear up any confusion and create a solid definition of combat healing for the server

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Not that i can think of

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone who doesn't combat heal

• Like 3

May or May Not Be Real

Oh and now everyone believes it needs to be clarified SMH.

+Support

it was super clear before now its magically not so I guess whatever 

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+/- Support

-It could help in some specific cases

-It might help a slim minority of new players

-The term "Combat Healing" explains it all

-Most people quickly understand the concept

-If someone didn't understand the concept it would take a very short amount of time to explain

I don't think this is necessary, it just isn't needed as almost everyone already understands the concept, the name "Combat Healing" explains that you can't heal in combat, and even if someone didn't understand it would be rather easy to explain to them. I stand more by -Support than anything as this just isn't necessary, despite the slight advantages that would come with adding this.

5 minutes ago, mt. moncher said:

+/- Support

-It could help in some specific cases

-It might help a slim minority of new players

-The term "Combat Healing" explains it all

-Most people quickly understand the concept

-If someone didn't understand the concept it would take a very short amount of time to explain

I don't think this is necessary, it just isn't needed as almost everyone already understands the concept, the name "Combat Healing" explains that you can't heal in combat, and even if someone didn't understand it would be rather easy to explain to them. I stand more by -Support than anything as this just isn't necessary, despite the slight advantages that would come with adding this.

There is no disadvantage of clearly defining combat healing. It would also help out the staff team so we are all on the same page on how long they need to be out of combat for it to not be considered combat healing.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+support

The MOTD doesn't specify a lot about combat healing, all I know is that you got to wait 10 seconds before you can heal again.
What defines an "Active Shootout?" does this apply when you are running away? Can you heal after the other person dies? Can you heal if a teammate shot you instead?
This is also pretty hard to solve in a staff situation, the rule is pretty vague and that makes it hard to give the right decision.

(Not to sure because I couldn't find it but I don't think it says how long combat healing applies for I only found out because people told me)

Edited by Gyara

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

+support I thought this was already common knowledge not to heal while your being shot at but ight

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

+ Support 

-This needs to be a thing, however the rule shouldn't be as strict, and should be something along the lines of "A player should not heal when within line of sight of their attacker(s)."

- Make it apply to reviving (for SCP-208) The rule should be around the same as the last one, something like "You cannot revive a player who is in direct line of sight with their attackers, this applies to the reviving person as well."

- The combat healing shouldn't be based on a timer, with the exception of "Individuals shooting at another player must wait 3 seconds (without shooting or being shot at) in order to be healed/heal people.

Edited by Zack / Zarl
3rd Clause

Retired: Nu7 SM Zarl/Head Of Medical Staff Zack/Medic Man Larry/HTF Head

;-;

50 minutes ago, Zack / Zarl said:

+ Support 

-This needs to be a thing, however the rule shouldn't be as strict, and should be something along the lines of "A player should not heal when within line of sight of their attacker(s)."

- Make it apply to reviving (for SCP-208) The rule should be around the same as the last one, something like "You cannot revive a player who is in direct line of sight with their attackers, this applies to the reviving person as well."

- The combat healing shouldn't be based on a timer, with the exception of "Individuals shooting at another player must wait 3 seconds (without shooting or being shot at) in order to be healed/heal people.

i like this.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners