PD 'Reporting' Formality Idea - Denied

Mazgrid

Could this be useful?  

1. 1. Could this be useful?

• Yes
    • No, (Explain Why)

(NOTE: This is not a Report form for "OFC Minge 1A69 was being a bad copper on police. i want him demoted!!")

• To report, follow these procedures:
  1. Stand at attention and knock (just once) on the door.
  2. When instructed to enter, march in a professional manner to a point, three paces in front of the Supervisor/Command member's desk (if he's/she's sitting at her desk).     -- Tip: Whether or not you salute is up to Command. Normally, you don't salute unless you're reporting to a Command Member, but some Supervisors may feel that since there are not enough Command members in PD for you to practice on, you should practice on them.
  3. While holding the salute (if required), say, "Sir/ma'am or the Supervisor's rank (if required), OFC Jones reports." (example: "Sergeant Major, OFC Jones reports.")
  4. If you were instructed to see your superior in his/her office, you'd say, "OFC Jones reports as ordered."
  5. If you're told relax, at ease, or something to that effect, stand still and don't look around.
  6. When the conversation is finished, you'll be told, "Dismissed." That means the meeting is over, even if you have something else to say.
  7. When dismissed, snap to attention, salute (if required), and exit in a professional manner out the door.

Once outside the door, you can relax, sit down, throw up, or whatever.

This could be useful for if/when PD Supervisors or Command call PD members to PD for any reason, or during promotions where police would report for their promotion.

LMK what yall think, and what could be added or removed to it.

5 hours ago, jackyman21 said:

-support

"semi serious RP"

sounds a bit more like milrp thing

I can understand that, but its more professional/formal than going up for your promotion and being like "yo wassup bitches, i want my promotion to SNR."

1 hour ago, Waifu Mewy said:

major +support Honesty This Sounds More Of a Respect thing than a rp thing  

Yes yes yes. This is about respecting superiors, and is useful psychologically in teaching manners and professionalism than to be an RP situation in a game.

6 hours ago, Mazgrid said:

I can understand that, but its more professional/formal than going up for your promotion and being like "yo wassup bitches, i want my promotion to SNR."

Yes yes yes. This is about respecting superiors, and is useful psychologically in teaching manners and professionalism than to be an RP situation in a game.

yeah I guess it is a respect thing but overall people shouldn’t be asking for promotions. But with the no training thing it seems like a lot of steps for your average OFC or SNR

• Like 1

Former: Dispatch Director | PD MAJ | SCU CPT | FBI SAIC/HRT/DEA | SCO19

On 9/29/2021 at 7:06 PM, jackyman21 said:

yeah I guess it is a respect thing but overall people shouldn’t be asking for promotions. But with the no training thing it seems like a lot of steps for your average OFC or SNR

I do suppose you are correct! It is indeed a lot for newer officers to learn and i 100% agree. I just threw the idea out there to see what others thought! 🙂

thank you for taking the time to help decide if it is a useful subject or not.

=== Forums Diplomat Message ===

Keep Replies to +/- Supports Only.

-Senior Diplomat Dark

• Like 1

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor