12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be staff?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: PieLard

What is your steam name?: PieLardAss

What is your steam ID?: 76561198147426168

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): PieLardAss#1440

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes. I was staff on SCP RP about a year ago and on Police RP a little more then a year. I believe I got to the rank of Senior mod before some things happened in life and was unable to continue staffing for the server. I also staffed on Ice fuse military RP for a bit but I did not enjoy some things about how the staffing was set up and had to leave.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly)  Maybe like late 2018 ish.

What date did you make your forums account? June 16 2019

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? Noneimage.thumb.png.2304ea8d8d281034826dbdc3c30a2325.png

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc) User

Are you a staff member in another community? No. Not currently. 

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes 

Timezone: CST

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I am drawn to conflict. If its a conflict between people or nations I just enjoy looking at both sides and making a informed decision. Because I am drawn to conflicts I am naturally good at solving them. People tend to find me an enjoyable person to be around and it is extremally hard to frustrate or anger me. I have incredibly high patience when dealing with situation and willing to take as much time as available to make the right call on a sit, while also being able to be quick to make a decision to not hold up any sits.  I've noticed that staff seem to be having trouble keeping up with sits especially on week days. I am able to be active on those days and preform the duty's that go along with the roll. Being a prior staff member of the server I am already familiar with some of the server specific staffing guide lines and the tools used by staff.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

I would gag them and mute them while verifying the RDM's and the amount of RDM's in the logs. After that I would hand out warns as needed and call for an rank that is able to issue the ban for Mass RDM. 

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

When a sit becomes unproductive I would try to calm everyone down to the best of my ability. If they continue to be toxic I would either move them away from the main sit and freeze them or just mute/gag depending on the situation. Once the problem people are temporarily removed from the sit I would then try to identify the rule violated and use the tools given to me to try to find any proof of the so call violation happening. If unable to find anything I would ask for video and get the trouble people involved to see if they have any proof of there own. If the toxic behavior continues and there is ground for a warn then one would be handed out. If able to solve the original sit then I would do so. But if unable I would have not choice but to return the people involved and move on to the next sit or maybe keep an eye on the situation.

Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Edited by Dondi 2.0
  • Like 1

Just now, Some Weeb said:

-Support

First post since July 2020 

Dont know you nor have I even heard anything about 

I have not posted because I  have returned recently because I have been dealing with problem in life and such. As for you not knowing anything about me is just a game of chance I guess. I don't believe I have seen you either. You are in CI, I am not involved in CI so that could be the reason we have not seen each other. 

• Like 1

+ support

ive played with You a few times and you definitely bring the best out of people when playing with others, if  you are added as a trial moderator I believe with some training you’ll be a great addition to gaminglight staff, 

answered questions short and sweet to the point.

best of luck and hopefully you’ll be approved!!!!

Hello yes I’d like to pay the sun bill please 

2 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

-support 

This is your first post since like July 2020 

No community forums presence 

Very minimal in game experience 

I will not re state what was stated before but yes you are right about that community forum presence. I would like to work on that but it takes a lot of time out to do that stuff. I like to try my best to give the best responses I can to things and that takes a lot of time to think. As such I'm only active on the forums where I am needed to be. As for minimal in game experience I have 2 weeks on the server and was a staff on this server before as stated in my application. So I don't really know where that is coming from but ok. If you have anymore concerns feel free to DM me or talk to me in game. I will happily explain my reasoning behind the things that I do. 

Edited by Dondi 2.0

+Support

Active

Chill

Good application

Nice

Asked me about staff to be sure to apply

I personally suggested he should apply for staff

Nu7 MSGT | Ex CI R&D AIN | Ex Sec 2LT | Ex OS | Ex CI 2LT

[CC] Owns: OPIF - Omnipurpose Infantry Force | Charple on Vacation | Vonzen Plushi | CI Take Force 'Blackhawks'

[CC] On: Farmer Jakub | MTF Sigma-66 | E-11 Rangers 'Reborn' | TF2 Solider | CI TF2 Heavy | Obama | Lone Wolf | Combine | STARS

1130161669_GarrysmodScreenshot2022_01.30-20_27_06.70(2)_LI.jpg.c6723c46c24ad245a3dc168769f7c8cc.jpg

9 hours ago, Kush said:

+support

Nice dude

Funny and positive

Showed leadership and conflict solving in GENSEC.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

Imma just state this I saw after I put a negative support that this person in question went on one of my apps and reacted to the polls with no this for me hints at

Immaturity and cannot take constructive criticism well. I am not saying a support since I have tried to 3 time already however I will at the same time no longer support this app in anyway at least until I get an explanation so I can know why and if yoy do respond do so through the private messaging system. 

(After talking about the incident, I am going to -support this will not change) This is due to the  fact that all the reasons I was given all were nitpicky which signals to me this person had no intent in actually reviewing my app and looked more like a cover up.  Tbh  after also seeing a more wider spectrum on his resolving skill I would not trust him on staff. I try to put the least amount of bias in this but its too much personally for me to +support.   

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however this opinion was not forged by fact but by speculation and saying since I have minge jokes in my signature that it came off like

"Yea I am just gonna minge on the job" while not completely absurd it shows nitpicking cause I have a shit ton of high responsability roles and ones that require trust but somehow a minge joke overrides all that.  

If this app were to get accepted I would like to publicly state there will be no bias or negative opinion to this person however at least from my scrutiny this person does not have the required expertise for the staff team. This is my final word. 

Edited by Some Weeb

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 hour ago, Some Weeb said:

Imma just state this I saw after I put a negative support that this person in question went on one of my apps and reacted to the polls with no this for me hints at

Immaturity and cannot take constructive criticism well. I am not saying a support since I have tried to 3 time already however I will at the same time no longer support this app in anyway at least until I get an explanation so I can know why and if yoy do respond do so through the private messaging system. 

(After talking about the incident, I am going to -support this will not change) This is due to the  fact that all the reasons I was given all were nitpicky which signals to me this person had no intent in actually reviewing my app and looked more like a cover up.  Tbh  after also seeing a more wider spectrum on his resolving skill I would not trust him on staff. I try to put the least amount of bias in this but its too much personally for me to +support.   

Everyone is entitled to their opinion however this opinion was not forged by fact but by speculation and saying since I have minge jokes in my signature that it came off like

"Yea I am just gonna minge on the job" while not completely absurd it shows nitpicking cause I have a shit ton of high responsability roles and ones that require trust but somehow a minge joke overrides all that.  

If this app were to get accepted I would like to publicly state there will be no bias or negative opinion to this person however at least from my scrutiny this person does not have the required expertise for the staff team. This is my final word. 

That is not the only reason I gave but yes that is part of it. You have 33 warns and that is very close to the 40+ for a perma ban and I personally have never seen you on the server. In your application you even said "Some reason's people may veer off of accepting me is because of my tendencies to minge and not be focused.". As for the nitpicking I was only making an observation. I have my reasons for voting the way I did and I stand by it. I wish this could have ended better for us both but clearly not. Sorry for any confusion caused by the timing.

• Like 1