General Suggestion - Killbox around nuke buttons

Ya Boi Sawrunner

What are you suggesting? - Add an area that kills players in a radius around the nuke buttons unless they are godded. If possible, make it job specific, if not, godded players only.

How would this change better the server? - Stop nukes caused by anybody who manages to get to the buttons

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Maybe some accidental deaths? But I mean, everything in there is blocked by props and invisible walls anyways. A kill field would help. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Everyone.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

This could get quite annoying for someone who actually wants to nuke. Honestly, the punishments of a job blacklist (for like 106, 280, 343, ect.) and warn is fine in my opinion. 
It just seems like more of a hassle for the people who actually want to nuke. 

-Support 

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

1 hour ago, Right Twix Bar said:

This could get quite annoying for someone who actually wants to nuke. Honestly, the punishments of a job blacklist (for like 106, 280, 343, ect.) and warn is fine in my opinion. 

-Support 

To get in there you have to be able to noclip as is, which stands to reason you have access to staff commands, and the ability to god yourself. Just...be godded. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)

14 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

+Support

honestly I dont see any issue with this, the only thing would be if the kill box would be ticking on the server making lag but if thats not the case go for it

As long as there are no lag issues with this, I don't think there's a reason not to.

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

16 hours ago, Demon Dice said:

+Support

honestly I dont see any issue with this, the only thing would be if the kill box would be ticking on the server making lag but if thats not the case go for it

I think the button should just get changed to an audio file and then super admin slays everyone. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

19 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

+/- Support I'm still confused why the nuke button kills Beside just playing a sound track and having the SuperAdmin+ you need do it. (PS Remove the kill part on it and just have the Superadmin do !slay *

If I remember the tiny snippets of info I've heard, the nuke is more optimized to kill everyone and create less lag that just someone saying !slay *

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

10 minutes ago, Skela said:

Ummm what? No one can use the nuke button unless they have a Level 5 Keycard. Which if anything only Hcz/Lcz Directors + (With O5/Super admin perms) to do so. 

is it possible for the button to be hacked by a keycard cracker?

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

52 minutes ago, FBI-01 said:

I'd assume they did something similar to the generator button or old D-Block overseer area, where a prop is put over it to allow keycards to be used while preventing crackers from being used. 

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

2 hours ago, FBI-01 said:

no it’s impossible cause it’s permapropped props are over it. You have to noclip in order to use it. 

Just now, Skela said:

no it’s impossible cause it’s permapropped props are over it. You have to noclip in order to use it. 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

20 minutes ago, Skela said:

There is still certain angles in which you can hack the button. But you would need to noclip/teleport to get into nuke room anyways.

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

Let me explain more. The nuke room is blocked off with an invisible barrier that’s permapropped. To even enter the nuke room you have to noclip through the prop. To even touch the nuke button you have to be inside of the prop that contains the button, which is only accessible by noclip. The 035 thing could’ve been me or some other O5 or maybe an events 

Yuh ?imm@ Thash Dat B¡tch?❤️!!*^€{

21 hours ago, Skela said:

Ummm what? No one can use the nuke button unless they have a Level 5 Keycard. Which if anything only Hcz/Lcz Directors + (With O5/Super admin perms) to do so. 

Keycard crackers.

7 hours ago, Skela said:

Let me explain more. The nuke room is blocked off with an invisible barrier that’s permapropped. To even enter the nuke room you have to noclip through the prop. To even touch the nuke button you have to be inside of the prop that contains the button, which is only accessible by noclip. The 035 thing could’ve been me or some other O5 or maybe an events 

and the several nukes that have been caused by 280's and 343's. Even 106 technically, though it would take them ages. Staff aren't the only people who can go through walls and such, and these scps can slip right in to where they need to be to activate the nuke. 

On 9/20/2021 at 11:20 AM, Skela said:

There are 4 walls blocking the room. Then there is a block over the buttons. Right now only certain scps can end up doing it. 106,343,208,173. Which is why people get blacklisted from all these jobs if they abuse one of their noclip/tp powers too much. IE: they go into the staff room as 343. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Why wait til they do it, cause a bunch of wasted time for players, when we can just put a death box around it and cut out the problem before it happens?

• Like 2

On 9/15/2021 at 7:05 PM, Right Twix Bar said:

-Support 

Kill ZOnes a bit far, Just add a cover. -Support

On 9/24/2021 at 10:11 PM, ripjaw56789 said:

Clarification: it is covered. Certain SCPs can get under that covering if that makes sense and hack it

(Also -support, just check in on the nuke room and SCPs that can noclip every now and again) 

Staff has better shit to do to poke their head in every minuteish, and people could still get away with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...