Justin - Application for Trial Moderator- Accepted

Justin tbh

The best poll you've ever seen  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is Justin ready to be a Trial Moderator on SCP RP?

• Yes
    • No

1. What is your in-game name?: Justin
  2. What is your steam name?: [GL] Justin
  3. What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:39715971
  4. What is your Discord username?: Justin#8031
  5. Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes! I was an administrator on an old Garry’s Mod community called LifePunch. This community hosted Jailbreak, Deathrun, and Bunny Hop servers where I was an administrator on each as well as the community’s forums. This community was unfortunately disbanded and temporarily returned for a few months during the pandemic.
  6. What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Around August 5th, 2021.
  7. What date did you make your forums account? August 7th, 2021.
  8. How many warns do you have on all GL servers? 2 on Police RP- 1 currently being disputed spacer.png
  9. What is your donor rank? Platinum!
  10. Are you staff on another community? Nope!
  11. Have you read the staff guidelines?: Yes!
  12. Timezone: EST
  13. Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I deserve to be given the opportunity to moderate on SCP RP due to my ability to connect with others, de-escalate situations, and communicate transparently. Ultimately, I want to be able to do more to support the players when I play on the SCP RP server as well as provide the resources for players to be successful and have fun. This community was a strong support system for me when I was getting over a few things early in August and I want to continue to create this type of environment for other players by treating everyone with respect, dignity, and transparency during every situation; even the more frustrating ones! In addition to my desire to positively support the community, I am an active member on Discord and Teamspeak all while still working to increase my forum activity, but that is something that I know will improve over time! My ability to connect with other people, build strong relationships, and communicate effectively makes me an ideal candidate to join the Gaminglight staff team.

I’m excited to continue my adventure with this community, thank you for considering me!

Q1) How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Prior to discussing the Mass RDM, I would attempt to calm down the player and address the cursing. If unable to do so due to continuous mic spam and/or use of profanity, then I would gag the player so they are able to hear me clearly. I’d concisely explain that disrespect and offensive behavior in any way shape or form is against the server rules and request that it ceases so we can continue our conversation. Depending on the severity of the behavior, I would consider formally warning for this as well.

If I did not witness the mass RDM myself, I would bring both the player who requested the sit and the alleged player that caused the RDM to me in a secluded area (staff room, etc) and hear both sides of what happened. I would ask the player who requested the sit if they have any evidence of the RDM while also checking the logs to ensure they reflect multiple deaths caused by the alleged player who RDM’d. I would continue with issuing a punishment that is in line with the staff handbook or by requesting support from other another staff member if the situation is unclear or if I am unable to appropriately punish the player that caused the RDM (Moderator+ for jail times over 300 seconds, or Admin+ for a 5 day ban). While waiting for another staff member to support, I would also make sure to formally warn the player that did RDM and explain why it was RDM in the first place.

Q2) You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

I would approach this situation empathetically for the players. I can understand how frustrating some situations may be for people and my first goal would be to de-escalate and calm the players down so that we could continue to have a cordial conversation. If this does not happen and the situation continues to escalate, I would separate the players and freeze them with my gravity gun to ensure they do not try to move closer to argue with each other further. If possible, I would also ask for another staff member's assistance for this situation since there would be so many players involved in the sit. This would allow us to divide and conquer in order to get all involved players back into having fun playing the game!

ava3.png.0a3ef8463f0eb0ea3d42c7c4c2722cae.pngJustin, Former FBI Director RA5 - GamingLight PoliceRP

-Support

Dont know you.

Less than a week on  the server. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support

As others have said, and for myself, we don't really know who you are. On top of that, you've only recently joined the community and I think you need a bit more time to get to know everyone first :)). However, as island said, a nice application though. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 12:05 AM, Rektify said:

-Support

As others have said, and for myself, we don't really know who you are. On top of that, you've only recently joined the community and I think you need a bit more time to get to know everyone first :)). However, as island said, a nice application though. 

I agree