PowerPoint

Steam Name: [Tango]

Ingame Name: I think it was Cooter Johnson

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:561328466

Ban Length: Perma

Admin that Banned you: Eternity

Reason for Ban: Mass Racism

Dispute:

So like it was so long ago I think what happened was that someone misinterpreted what I said and I got banned off of what was considered the N Word by the admin. Even if I did say it I have turned over a new leaf and ready to return to gaminglight, I sincerely apologize for anything that may have led to my ban and will assert this by helping enforce anti racist actions on Gaminglight.

• Dislike 2

Massive -Support

You can stay banned. No need for racists in the community.

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss

-Support
I remember demoting you in PD for it, I heard and watched the clips. It is very obvious you said it and if I remember right admitted to me and another Command member. You also said it multiple times, Including the Hard R when admitting to it. You need a much longer break off, And lying in your appeal doesn't help you at all.

The clips from what I remember stated me "whispering the N Word" even though at the time I believed I did not. I was punished severely in RP by being blacklisted from everything except PD from what I remember, I said I did it to avoid further repercussions for anything. I have 0 warnings from Staff as seen by my profile on here and only the perma ban. I talked it over at the time with multiple people who I was close with on Gaminglight and they thought because of the heavy RP punishment I took, that a perma ban was very extreme. I would also like to point out I was going to be banned for "Homophobia" in the discords and when I asked for logs of where I was "Homophobic" (if it even existed) and the staff member claimed that he didn't need to. I stated that I came onto the discord after 2 months of ignoring Gaminglight to say hi to some of my friends that I used to talk to and by the time I had sent that message I was banned. I feel as though that after taking a long break and making an appeal months afte rthe fact and apologizing for something that I may or may not have done. My memory of that time period is rough because I was going through a rough patch in my life. So yeah, thats why I stated this in my appeal 

3 hours ago, PowerPoint said:

Even if I did say it I have turned over a new leaf and ready to return to gaminglight, I sincerely apologize for anything that may have led to my ban

02/07/2021, 18:02:00

The time of the ban is also this by the way ^

I complied with everything the admins did at the time to defuse future problems that may have come from what may or may not have occured, as I stated, I have changed from the way I used to be, It is very possible it could have been said. I was immature at the time and I took 7 months away from online gaming apart from play Call of Duty with a few friends because the toxic nature of how certain people act was not only rubbing off on me but I found myself being in a place where it was hard to control my actions and phrases. If it was indeed said, I take ownership and I apologize, it should have never had been said. Its never a word that should be used in any context. I believe I am ready to come back to Gaminglight 

Edited by PowerPoint
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Herrman said:

if I remember right admitted to me and another Command member.

Also Hermann, Bringing clips into this is one thing. But simply saying "Hey I heard him say it, it must be true" However I remember you being reputable, I wouldn't be as stupid as to say the N word when I didn't want to be banned at the time in front of Server Staff and Command in RP. That makes zero sense. When the guy reported me (It was in a TS Channel and he was a Imperial RP Moderator I think), he reported me as a closet racist from what I remember, so why would a Closet Racist upon discovery by his or her peers just continue to be racist when he or she knows it is frowned upon and would get punished.

So to recap, Clips are fairgame, if its clipped and obvious, I take ownership for it. But slandering me by saying "Theres clips that exist but hey also I heard him say it so keep him banned" is not very cool of you. Isn't it a thing on most GMod servers that witnesses do not matter unless proof like clips of exactly what they are stating are brought into it. Its been 7 months, A lot changes in 7 months. I am sort of at a loss for words to be honest because I want to own up to exactly what I did, apologize and move on. I am not going to admit to mere hearsay when theres no evidence of it. I understand there is most likely evidence to what you claimed there is clips for, but following it up with hearsay is not a way to correctly argue your view. 

• Dislike 1

I never refuted they exist at all, Actually I said its quite possible multiple times. I was for lack of better words, a shitty person then and I apologize for my actions, completely and fully. i think the misconception here is that you all think I thought I would simply just pass blame and move along, at the end of the day I was a shitty person for what I said. I've changed, I got a full time job and graduated high school, I turned my life around and I want to spend my spare time fixing what I did and having fun with the old friends I have here (if they are even still here) and make some new ones along the way.

• Dislike 1

21 hours ago, Herrman said:

-Support
I remember demoting you in PD for it, I heard and watched the clips. It is very obvious you said it and if I remember right admitted to me and another Command member. You also said it multiple times, Including the Hard R when admitting to it. You need a much longer break off, And lying in your appeal doesn't help you at all.