What happens if a blind subject is introduced to SCP 012?

Other Colt

Lore Name: Colt

SCP: 012 and 1025 partly

Question / Idea: What would happen if a blind subject was introduced to SCP 012?

Background Research: SCP 012 is a scroll of paper which was found in a tomb in Northern Italy. It appears to have musical characters written in blood on the paper and causes people around it to want to finish the symphony with their own blood and this leads to them mutilating their own body to do so and dying. 

Hypothesis: If a subject is blind then the effects of SCP 012 should not appear as it has not laid eyes on the scroll of paper so they should not be able to focus on it at all. I tested 2 cases of blindness for this test, blindness contracted from SCP 1025 and blindness from the removal of the corneas.

Observations (What Happened During Test): 
Test 1:
I grabbed 2 D-Class to come to SCP 1025 (The Book Of Diseases) to see if one of them could contract blindness. I wanted to see if SCP 1025 blindness differed from regular blindness.

For the first D-Class I told him to go  into the cell to read the book until he became blind, he was unlucky and lost all motor functions, I put him in the corner and brought him to medbay for an evaluation after the test was done

Second D-class shortly spontaneously combusted after being pushed into the cell after some hesitation.

Test 2: 
I grabbed another D-Class for another attempt at to obtain 1025 blindness.

Sent the D-Class into the cell which contained SCP 1025 and after a short while and a few minor diseases later he became blind so we brought him out and pushed him into SCP 012'S cell, about 1 minute had passed by before any effects had begin to show, at first the D-Class was unaware of the SCP which was right in front of him but after a minute had passed he had started talking about how great the music is and how he should finish it. He then bit his arm as hard as he could to draw blood and he bled out after writing a few more characters on the paper.

Test 3:
I grabbed 1 D-Class to bring to medbay for a doctor to remove his corneas to make him blind, the doctor finished the surgery and the D-Class was successfully blind. I brought him to SCP 012 to begin the test, a few minutes had passed before any effects had begin to show, after roughly 6 minutes had passed the D-Class started humming a tune familiar to what SCP 012 would sound if played. after another minute he started muttering under his breath about finishing the grand paper, about 30 seconds had passed before he suddenly started smashing his head into the wall until blood showed. luckily for him he had knocked himself out by doing so and lived, I brought him to Medbay and got a doctor to administer amnestics and bandage up his head wound.

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): It appears that while visual attention speeds up the effects of SCP 012, that it's effects are all psychological and not reliant on visual senses. 

Was Your Hypothesis Correct?: No but I did find out that visual contact does speed up the effects of SCP 012.

Edited by Scorp

• Other Colt changed the title to What happens if a blind subject is introduced to SCP 012?

Test Log : "What would happen if a blind subject was introduced to SCP 012?"

Command ID Accepted

"Paradox Snow" AKA "P erry"

Test Log Analysis:

+Very Interesting Hypothesis

+Well written Test Log

+Precise timing makes it feel professional

However, As command I do feel that...

-Missing "Evidence/Visual Stimuli" Section from the format

I like how you went into depth with what you did for the test, including the failure of the first attempt.

With that being said, I RS . Snow Give this Log a...

[9/10]

Thank you for your Service on keeping the facility a safe and fun place!

END LOG...

Edited by CyberIncParadox