Philosophy's community resignation

Philosophy

Well to be fair this isn't just a community resignation I'm quitting video games completely.

It will free up my pockets and give me more time to spend with friends whom I often ditch for the unexpected PD meeting or just gaming in general.

So I will be going back to my roots involving myself even more with the church community that I'm a part of. Reading and hosting occasional chess tournaments. In fact the only game I will be playing online is chess from now on if my mates get bored of playing or they aren't available.

I'm also "attempting" to continue other hobbies that gaming has gotten in the way of.

It was nice knowing you all and I had great times and great moments on gaminglight one of the best communities I was ever a part of on any video game. Cheers.

• Sad 2
  • Gaminglight Love 2

I know your race. It is made up of sheep. It is governed by minorities, seldom or never by majorities. It suppresses its feelings and its beliefs and follows the handful that makes the most noise. Sometimes the noisy handful is right, sometimes wrong; but no matter, the crowd follows it. The vast majority of the race, whether savage or civilized, are secretly kind-hearted and shrink from inflicting pain, but in the presence of the aggressive and pitiless minority they don't dare to assert themselves. Think of it! One kind-hearted creature spies upon another, and sees to it that he loyally helps in iniquities which revolt both of them. Speaking as an expert, I know that ninety- nine out of a hundred of your race were strongly against the killing of witches when that foolishness was first agitated by a handful of pious lunatics in the long ago. And I know that even to-day, after ages of transmitted prejudice and silly teaching, only one person in twenty puts any real heart into the harrying of a witch. And yet apparently everybody hates witches and wants them killed. Some day a handful will rise up on the other side and make the most noise--perhaps even a single daring man with a big voice and a determined front will do it--and in a week all the sheep will wheel and follow him, and witch-hunting will come to a sudden end.

Monarchies, aristocracies, and religions are all based upon that large defect in your race--the individual's distrust of his neighbor, and his desire, for safety's or comfort's sake, to stand well in his neighbor's eye. These institutions will always remain, and always flourish, and always oppress you, affront you, and degrade you, because you will always be and remain slaves of minorities. There was never a country where the majority of the people were in their secret hearts loyal to any of these institutions.

Damn man, you were a great captain and had a good run. You'll be missed.

PD Low Command (MAJ) | State Command (LT) | SCU MSGT | Armed Diver CC | Rockford County Deputy CC$400 Donator 

UMC LVL 1 | FBI SA PoliceRP Moderator

I'll miss you man

Be safe

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss

Damn dude, this is sad. I hope to see you soon some other time man, never will forget ya. Hell when I joined you were a higher rank by a bit and now here I am the same rank. Sad to see ya go, love ya dude

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018

Damn bro, you were the first command member I had experiences with back when I was an OFC, sucks to see you go man

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

Damn. We were climbing ranks together when I was an SNR and you were a LCPL. Then you left and I got to SM and when you came back you got all the way to CPT. Phil 2.0 o7

raygol/rahgul

SWAT Lieutenant (Head FTO and Senior Sharpshooter)

EMS Lieutenant

Dispatch Deputy Head Dispatcher

I will miss you homie. One of my favorite people I have met

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

On 8/22/2021 at 7:45 AM, Philosophy said:

Well to be fair this isn't just a community resignation I'm quitting video games completely.

It will free up my pockets and give me more time to spend with friends whom I often ditch for the unexpected PD meeting or just gaming in general.

So I will be going back to my roots involving myself even more with the church community that I'm a part of. Reading and hosting occasional chess tournaments. In fact the only game I will be playing online is chess from now on if my mates get bored of playing or they aren't available.

I'm also "attempting" to continue other hobbies that gaming has gotten in the way of.

It was nice knowing you all and I had great times and great moments on gaminglight one of the best communities I was ever a part of on any video game. Cheers.

If you ever wanna play chess lmk I'm a big fan of it too. Good luck with life, it was an amazing pleasure meeting you. 

Current: Resigned 

Former: SCU Low Command (LT) - SRT LCPL - DOC PROB COPD Low Command (CPT) FBI Low Command (DAD) - Moderator (PRP)

-Orin 

47 minutes ago, Iancompallo said:

If you ever wanna play chess lmk I'm a big fan of it too. Good luck with life, it was an amazing pleasure meeting you. 

Chess???? 

Gaminglight:$2200+ Donations Gaminglight Legend | Community Member since April 2020

"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss

rly sad to see you leave 

One of the nicest if not the nicest people on Gaming light

Good luck with your future endeavors 

exSCU High Command |exSPRT SSGT| exSTATE LT |exPD MAJ| exFBI SSA|ex UMC Level 1 | Current PD SGT MAJ| USMS| FBI  | HRT| State Police|

Ok I maybe late to the party on this one but here's a tribute to on of the best people I've ever know in the community and although I know he probably wont read this I just want him to know I wish him the best of luck on his future endeavors. Usually I don't try to get close with people with in GMod server knowing that someday they'll just leave however I will admit I do have a small circle of friends that Id miss if they left, well this is one of them in my small circle of friends. As in the word op BeHappy "Who's cutting onions in here " I am most definitely cutting a whole farm full of onions indeed. However this isn't going to be a sad and depressing post and more like a post full of good memories and life lessons. Cheers to Philosophy! This man right here has taught me more that just being a good officer and a fair player in the server, he taught me alittle bit on life although we only met online he has affected a little bit of my personality. He was always first to be hands on with anything and always wanted to be the first to teach anyone when he had the opportunity. His overflowing generosity of kindness and knowledge will be missed in this community. BTW i tribute a song in a proper send off to phil 2.0. just listen to Lighters- Brun Mars ft. Eminem and just reminisce about the good ol days that we had. Farewell my dear friend.  -Simpingotn

Have a good one!

SM Balloon 1A98/FBI Deputy Director Balloon RA5/State Major Balloon 1H02/CERT TL Balloon 1TL01/SPMU Head Patrolman Balloon 1HP01

Keep your head up and your eyes straight and everything will be fine

T MOD Oct 9-15/21  MODERATOR Oct 15 - Nov 5/21 SENIOR MOD Nov 21 - Dec 12/21 Admin Dec 12 - Jan 14/22 Senior Admin Jan 14 - Current