Ban Appeal- Accepted

Lurk

1. Steam Name: Lurk

2. Ingame Name: Helmet / Lurker

3. SteamID: STEAM_0:0:613096535 (Changed this cause apparently I copied someone else's STEAMID which I didn't know)

4. Ban Length: 7 Days

5. Admin that Banned you: None / Console

6. Reason for Ban: Homophobia

7. Dispute: Right so here how this happened. This was maybe an hour (maybe more or less) after I (as helmet) got accepted into the 501st. I had switched back to my stormtrooper which I had named finger. I went afk for a while then came back. I then went out of the ST bunks towards the double sided stairs. I went up those stairs and out of the spawn came an ST by the name of Obama. he went up to me and said hello. I responded by using the wave action. maybe five seconds later he said something like, "Whatever, faggot". So I sat there for 2 seconds and then replied in chat, "Well fuck you too". Maybe 5 minutes later I walked into MHB which I didn't know was hosting Purge tryouts. I got interest on how the STs would fair so I wanted to watch. A purge trooper then told me (I was still an ST atm) that the tryout had already started, and that i needed to leave. I said hold on, got my purge name up, copy and pasted it and named myself with it. He then went, "Ah I see, carry on". (Here is when the ban comes) Maybe 1 minute later the left door (Facing away from the big door on the wall) opened and in came that same ST Obama. Now normally I wouldn't care what someone curses at me or says about me. But that ST's response was so sudden it made an impression. But anyways, that ST came in and he was mic spamming really loudly. I then saw the little icon that shows who is speaking and read the name Obama. So I thought, hey that's the guy who called me a faggot. I then just typed that out on impulse (I have ADHD if anyone didn't know) and as soon as I hit enter I got hit with a ban. I hope that this gets appealed because normally you get banned for doing something bad. However I didn't and just said a word with no intent behind it, yet got banned. May those who read this have a nice day : D 

(Edit after posting): So I don't know if this is even a good ban appeal or in the right place but I just got to get this off my chest bout this in case I did do something wrong. From my point of view other than that ST named Obama, nobody really had any fault or even participated in this. Therefore I can't and don't have anyone to really agree with my claims, so I tried to just give the essentials of what happened. Granted, I was kind of upset when I wrote this, and with my memory of a goldfish I had already forgotten some peoples names like the purge who told me to leave (not that I need his name, as he didn't do anything), and I can't even complain (not that I need to) about who banned me because it was the console that did it. I guess I didn't think before I typed, and also didn't know that I would instantly be banned. I may come back and edit this or try to respond if some respond with a comment. Every so often I refresh this page to check. Guess that's all for now. May those who read this find a good random dollar on the ground and have good luck for the next 5 minutes! >:D

Edited by Lurk
Just wanted to add some things to it. Also I think I may have put in the wrong Steam ID without knowing it. I have a server where I put information, links, pictures, etc that I need. I had pasted down that steam ID and didn't know it wasn't mine. Fix how.

• Lurk changed the title to Ban Appeal

-Support

It doesn’t matter if there is no intent behind the word, people still shouldn’t use it and you just shouldn’t have stooped to that ST’s level. People take offense to the word whether you mean anything by it or not and that system is there to completely keep people from using it.

The part about ADHD doesn’t really do anything for you either as I have CHRONIC adhd but still know how to act and what to and not to do.

I hope that this coming week is spent thinking about your actions and will show you that you shouldn’t do it again.

i hope you continue to play Gaming Light either way this appeal goes but I definitely believe you were also in the wrong here.

Edited by Leviathannn

Former Vice Sovereign Aero

Wait, what am I in the wrong for?

It looks as if you think I also called him a faggot. That isn't at all what happend. I believe the reason I got banned is because I typed in chat, "Hey, that's the ST who called me a faggot!". Before that I hadn't even mentioned it to anyone. Nor had I called him or anyone else a faggot.

Also your thing about ADHD. If you didn't know ADHD is quite different for many people. It has many different ways it affects different people and some parts of the ADHD you experience could be missing from mine, and vice versa. For example, when I am off my medicine, it isn't that I don't l know wrong or right, rather I have no filter. So if I have any idea or an impulse to do or say something, I most of the time act on it without really considering anything else. Most of the time the right or wrong part hits me during when it happens or after. Forgive me, as I am bad at describing things through text, but hopefully you get the jist of that.

Adding this as well, what do you mean by CHRONIC ADHD? It is a chronic condition, so I technically have CHRONIC ADHD as well. You made it appear as if my ADHD is a different condition entirely.

Edited by Lurk

+Support (big +)

its very obvious that Lurk got wrongfully autobanned by console. Personally i have seen Lurk in-game and i know that is he is far from being a “minge” Within 501st his behaviour has been perfect on-point.

I dont give my support just because he is in the 501st. I have read the entire appeal and if what he is saying in the appeal is correct (which i believe) then this is 100% one of those moments where console bans you wrongfully.

Leviathan, i think you misunderstand. Lurk did not say “fagget” to anyone, as he write in his appeal “i got banned for saying (thats the guy who called me a faggot)” i think you should read his appeal one more time, and reconsider your support. I think its unfair that you give him “-support” Because you misunderstood his appeal.

I think this appeal should be accepted

since, he did not call anyone a “faggot” which he got banned for, so his ban reason is wrong. If anyone should have been banned, it should have been Obama. So best of luck with your appeal!

- Gustav

Edited by SSphere Gulleboi3010
Improved comment.

| Ex DT S06/DT CPT DK0 | Ex 501st ARC JTL 3010 COL Gustav | EU 

ACCEPTED

Please do be more careful next time as things like this do happen. However if it happens again then it will remain. Please allow up to 2 hours before your account is unbanned. If you wait 2 hours and no unban has occurred, please contact one of the servers Head Admin's