Player Report Review Request - D3 Kohain III and C2 Noir III

islandtoad

Your in game name: islandtoad

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:146214010

The player's in game name: D3 Kohain III and C2 Noir III

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:201360601 and STEAM_0:1:85341856

The original staff member's name: I believe it was Shinspin but I might be wrong on that

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 8/5/21 

What did the player do: Shot me while I was cloaked with my flashlight on after I stepped away from my computer for a second

What was the disposition of the sit (no action/verbal warning/formal warning/etc): Verbal Warning

Why do you think the disposition was inappropriate?: They blatantly broke the rules and used the reason they thought I was a staff on duty and they really should know better than to do that as E4 especially since there could be other stealth units like pathfinder or fellow CI.

Evidence (required)https://medal.tv/clips/60576804/d1337hsgndor

Any extra information: 

20210805222228_1.jpg

20210805222314_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

I gave them a verbal, as they were saying that they thought they were just shooting a cloaked staff. Shooting cloaked staff isn’t recommended but it’s fairly common and no one has a problem with it. But they should be careful next time when doing something like this.

During the sit, Island did not give me any clip during the sit. It was practically a bit of talking and the 2 E4s admitting to it. But now that I see the clip and seeing the blogs, I am certainly shifting towards a +SUPPORT. 

david-goggins-lifting.gif

27 minutes ago, Shin said:

I gave them a verbal, as they were saying that they thought they were just shooting a cloaked staff. Shooting cloaked staff isn’t recommended but it’s fairly common and no one has a problem with it. But they should be careful next time when doing something like this.

During the sit, Island did not give me any clip during the sit. It was practically a bit of talking and the 2 E4s admitting to it. But now that I see the clip and seeing the blogs, I am certainly shifting towards a +SUPPORT. 

I mean by the way they were shooting I could easily see them still thinking it was a staff member, if they knew it wasn't a staff I think they woulda just unloaded into it instead of taking small potshots at it in bursts. But they should be more careful when doing stuff like this.

Edited by Crusader

-Support

As shinspin said, shooting a cloaked staff member aka '"god check" is a common joke that happens a lot. However, they shouldn't be doing that on surface considering the whole surface was in rp besides sarkic spawn. by doing that they could interfere others rp without knowing it such as damaging a cloaked hostile while thinking that is a staff member. And that's what happened in this situation.

2 hours ago, Crusader said:

I mean by the way they were shooting I could easily see them still thinking it was a staff member, if they knew it wasn't a staff I think they woulda just unloaded into it instead of taking small potshots at it in bursts. But they should be more careful when doing stuff like this.

^^ As you can see in the clip, they never unload a whole mag into you. If they really had the intention to ignore rules and actually damage a cloaked hostile who has flashlight on like you presumed, they would have killed you instantly or cuffed you since you were afk which didn't happen.  Thus, I don't see any intentional rule breaking here. And the fact that you weren't even hostile to them, none of RP rights were violated there. Giving someone a formal warning for friendly fire is just petty.

I understand that getting friendly fired to death can be irritating. To avoid that you can always tell rest of CI members your status and stop them from shooting at you which you clearly didn't implement. Your explanation was you were AFK but you should't be AFK on limited jobs like CI infiltrator you were on. As a senior admin you should know better

Not tryna be harsh or anything, maybe get yourself off CI KOS list first then you can look at things more rationally?

Edited by Ruz

YOURLOCALBALDMAN.

22 minutes ago, Ruz said:

-Support

As shinspin said, shooting a cloaked staff member aka '"god check" is a common joke that happens a lot. However, they shouldn't be doing that on surface considering the whole surface was in rp besides sarkic spawn. by doing that they could interfere others rp without knowing it such as damaging a cloaked hostile while thinking that is a staff member. And that's what happened in this situation.

^^ As you can see in the clip, they never unload a whole mag into you. If they really had the intention to ignore rules and actually damage a cloaked hostile who has flashlight on like you presumed, they would have killed you instantly or cuffed you since you were afk which didn't happen.  Thus, I don't see any intentional rule breaking here. And the fact that you weren't even hostile to them, none of RP rights were violated there. Giving someone a formal warning for friendly fire is just petty.

I understand that getting friendly fired to death can be irritating. To avoid that you can always tell rest of CI members your status and stop them from shooting at you which you clearly didn't implement. Your explanation was you were AFK to "grab a water" but you should't be AFK on limited job like CI infiltrator you were on. As a senior admin you should know better

Not tryna be harsh or something, maybe get yourself off CI KOS list first then you can look at things more rationally?

said everything perfectly
-support

Edited by Cerkai

spacer.png

-support

this seems like an honest mistake and doesn't make much sense to me

also you shouldn't afk on infil or be afk on surface

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

+/- Support
While yes it could have been a simple god check for a sweet admin kill, you should first check the level and see what job it belongs too. One more thing, it could have been a infil/Pathfinder so be careful with clocked people. Also the verbal is fine.

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

-support 

I mean they did admit to it and they thought you were staff 

and you were a infil not 966 so you can just void your NLR or you could have asked for money if you bought a gun 

this situation is usually  a verbal but idk why you posting this like you want them to get a formal for a honest mistake this just seems petty 

Best Regards From The Middle East

CI General

The Middle Eastern Prince 

The Last Oil Bender 

1 hour ago, Warren Talos said:

-support 

I mean they did admit to it and they thought you were staff 

and you were a infil not 966 so you can just void your NLR or you could have asked for money if you bought a gun 

this situation is usually  a verbal but idk why you posting this like you want them to get a formal for a honest mistake this just seems petty 

E11 2LT || Ex CI 2LT || Average Metal gear rising enjoyer || Ex Nu7 2LT

I would like to state something for those of you who were saying I shouldn’t have been afk, I was afk as long as the clip was I had to step away for less than 30 seconds to deal with something irl

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+/-

-I know this doesn't really matter but if those people in TS were saying "you are getting shot at Island". I do not see why they didn't say anything in ci comms to say stop or that's the infil. 

-Sure you had to go AFK for a quick second but shouldn't you have said anything to anyone? Because from the sound of it, the people in the TS thought you were still there.

I don't see the need for anything beyond a verbal. But this verbal should be given to everyone during a meeting to everyone. (CI or all branches, it doesn't really matter)

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

8 hours ago, Ruz said:

-Support

I understand that getting friendly fired to death can be irritating. To avoid that you can always tell rest of CI members your status and stop them from shooting at you which you clearly didn't implement. Your explanation was you were AFK but you should't be AFK on limited jobs like CI infiltrator you were on. As a senior admin you should know better

Not tryna be harsh or anything, maybe get yourself off CI KOS list first then you can look at things more rationally?

Couldn’t have said it better ^

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

8 hours ago, Ruz said:

This literally has 0 significance to the report as far as myself and most likely many others,  neither does it affect Islandtoads rationality . 

Its common knowledge not to shoot staff members as it is against the rules but most dont care such as myself and many others. However when you fire at someone cloaked in a RP area you take a risk in shooting the wrong person and whether or not it was an accident in this case shooting the infil you took that chance and it was not correct. 

-Support for a formal however I dont see the situation fir for the punishment (if it happens again) I could see formals being issued in the future. 

Edited by Some minge

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

It could be a bias report because he may hold a grudge towards CI for placing him on a DNT. We don't know what islandtoads is thinking, but thinking of how petty this report is, this could be the case.

2 hours ago, Some minge said:

This literally has 0 significance to the report as far as myself and most likely many others,  neither does it affect Islandtoads rationality .

As for the report itself, it does not make sense for an infiltrator to just stare at E4s like you're following or spectating as an infiltrator, let alone a staff member. Call me a hypocrite if you want since I usually just b-hop around town when I do get on the server occasionally, but if I can at least I make the effort to communicate to them that I am just f**king about, I think you can too.

Edited by Hope
  • Like 4

osu! achiever? I don't know

12 hours ago, Ruz said:

As shinspin said, shooting a cloaked staff member aka '"god check" is a common joke that happens a lot

That is still not allowed, your not supposed to shoot staff members. 

8 hours ago, Guinea Pig said:

+/- Support
While yes it could have been a simple god check for a sweet admin kill, you should first check the level and see what job it belongs too. One more thing, it could have been a infil/Pathfinder so be careful with clocked people.

I agree with this. 

You shouldn't shoot cloaked individuals, especially on surface where they would be. I personally think a warning would suffice as you should not shoot staff, nor cloaked persons, under the impression it is staff, as if it was staff you could see their name. Cloaked people who use the SWEP you cannot. 

+/- 

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+/- Support
I agree that they should not have been shooting you in the first place as you were cloaked, and should at least check your level before they interact with you. I also agree with the fact that they could have been doing a god check.

And even if it was a god check, they should at least say "God check" or something to indicate to the admin/cloaked entity so that they know that they are about to be shot. 

14 hours ago, Shin said:

• Like 1

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

I'm gonna have to give this a +SUPPORT sadly, as yes a lot of people like to "god check" us staff.  He clearly wasn't on staff job if you look he is CI Infiltrator, also if he was doing staff stuff people shouldn't really come up to you and just shoot you as it is distracting and E4 are meant to be more mature during RP since they're the elite force of Chaos.

+SUPPORT

There was a chance this was a stealth op or pathfinder, E4 clearly didn't know what Island was playing as. E4 are supposed to be dedicated to RP, this should be way beneath them. 

Verbals should be for PVTs doing stuff like this, once you're this high up in the branch you should already know better.

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

• Hoovy locked this topic