General Suggestion - Making the smoke from the vape smaller - Denied

The Real Slim Nova

What are you suggesting? - That the smoke from the vapes are lessened.

How would this change better the server? - Security has a horrible time already dealing with people smoke screening, and had to add a whole new rule to KOS them for it. And people start arguing with GenSec for killing them with the warning. And its just overall annoying having your whole entire screen full of yellow smoke.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None in my opinion.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Literally everyone, except for the people who bought it.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - Ok Burger

• Like 1

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

+support

Earlier today I used the vape on d-block door and you couldn't see through it. If this gets smaller can the KOS rule be gone? (If its to the point of not being a smoke grenade)

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

1 hour ago, Pills said:

+support

Earlier today I used the vape on d-block door and you couldn't see through it. If this gets smaller can the KOS rule be gone? (If its to the point of not being a smoke grenade)

GIVE BACK OUR VAPE RIGHTS
+SUPPORT

📂📭📁📂📭📄📁📄︎🗐︎ Owner CC: CI TF2 Heavy (without Auger)|

2 hours ago, Pills said:

+support

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

3 hours ago, Pills said:

+support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

4 hours ago, Pills said:

+support

Please bro its literally a smoke nade

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

100% agree with letting D-Class use the vapes if it can't be taken advantage of as a utility in combat. If you paid for a non-weapon item, you should be able to use it freely.

+Support

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+support

Our rule about KOSing then apparently got reverted by some unnamed higher up, so if that’s gonna be reverted, then I want to see this go through. Sorry to say it but a toy item shouldn’t have combat advantages 

The best D class player to ever exist

UwU >:3

Security best branch

Owns: D-3621

Everyone, be happy to know that our KOS vape rule is now gone. We can vape in peace!

+/- Support 

Smaller is fine but not cigarette small. That takes all the fun out of it. I personally have yet to see it actually be utilized to a successful extent in combat so I can’t speak for those who have, but I’d suggest aim practice for anyone having issues. It isn’t a smoke grenade in the slightest and only covers a small area, but then again I just think it’s fun to have some goofy things like this on the server. We never get to have fun things because someone always has an issue with it, so I’m much more willing to just deal with the meager issues that arise and enjoy myself instead. 

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

I feel like the big vapes are a pretty cool selling point, being able to puff a cloud everyone can see.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, Flooded said:

And its just overall annoying having your whole entire screen full of yellow smoke.

As you said this ^ I believe is now or could possibly be KOS so that could be a better solution then lowering the smoke.

I'm pretty sure everything on the store gives a combat advantage too, and the vapes cost do around the most for a single donator item. 

The Vapes also allow fosterment of new ideas, thinking outside of D Block MTF or CI could take use to them creating new strategies in a near un-strategic server (If you don't count riot shields or crouch jumping while side strafing.)

Edited by Orange 🍊
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ashe Fox said:

+support

Our rule about KOSing then apparently got reverted by some unnamed higher up, so if that’s gonna be reverted, then I want to see this go through. Sorry to say it but a toy item shouldn’t have combat advantages 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+support

As the KOS rule was reverted for reasons, this seems like an alright alternative. Vapes shouldn’t be able to be used as a strategic combat tool. It’s not what it was intended for. It’s just silly to not either KOS it or conversely reduce the smoke cloud size.

Retired security Low Command | former security SFTO | Uncloseted Weeb | IM NOT A FURRY ASHE! 

+SUPPORT

These smoke screens are absolutely fucking brutal. The vapes are a cool idea and I can see them being fun to use, but come on. It's disruptive to roleplay and has combat advantages.

Edited by Kvist

On 8/2/2021 at 11:49 AM, Orange 🍊 said:

I feel like the big vapes are a pretty cool selling point, being able to puff a cloud everyone can see.

As you said this ^ I believe is now or could possibly be KOS so that could be a better solution then lowering the smoke.

The Item is new too, give it time.

The Vapes also allow fosterment of new ideas, thinking outside of D Block MTF or CI could take use to them creating new strategies in a near un-strategic server (If you don't count riot shields or crouch jumping while side strafing.)

vape wars with ci sounds funny as hell ngl

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

-Support I don't even have the vape and I know that the smoke isn't a problem just make it fully KOS in D-block if you have a problem with it. Simple Fix without annoying SMT is to put it into the same place as being a human shield EX: If you are using it to block the FOV of Gensec you are KOS. or just make it KOS to smoke in upper D-Block Simple No warning needed.

4 hours ago, [GL] Fryingpan36 said:

-Support I don't even have the vape and I know that the smoke isn't a problem just make it fully KOS in D-block if you have a problem with it. Simple Fix without annoying SMT is to put it into the same place as being a human shield EX: If you are using it to block the FOV of Gensec you are KOS. or just make it KOS to smoke in upper D-Block Simple No warning needed.

This isn't a whole GENSEC suggestion, this is a full on suggestion. Its just used as a smoke screen for any combat.

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

• 2 weeks later...