Add an AFK Job [Denied]

Duncan  McOkiner

I do apologize if this has been suggested and denied/accepted already. I could not find any prior topics regarding this, however, I'm unfamiliar with any more advanced way to search for them than the search bar. This is an incredibly basic suggestion, so I'd be surprised if there isn't a prior suggestion. Colored text = TL;DR.

What do you want to see?:

An AFK Job [or multiple, similiar to PoliceRP]. These jobs, as you guessed, would be designed specifically for players to AFK. While there could be a single job for this, there could also be tiers, similar to how PoliceRP currently does it. This could be based on a level requirement, similiar to PRP, or it could be unique and do it based on VIP tier. These jobs tend to offer increased salary for AFKing on them.

It's worth mentioning that these jobs would have to function differently from the PoliceRP AFK jobs. As we know, a majority of players tend to AFK on Stormtrooper - great! This would work exactly like normal. On ImperialRP, however, there exists AFK Meditation. This means either the job would need to have an AFK/Training lightsaber that does 0 damage and grants access to meditation, or somehow grants increased playtime experience.

Why should we add it?: 

I wholeheartedly believe that the "norm" of AFKing on the Stormtrooper job is part of what makes the ST battalion seem so underwhelming. This spams the scoreboard with Stormtroopers, potentially tricking newer players into believing that their battalion is just used for AFK players. This is the first step into allowing ST to grow into a unique battalion, as opposed to just being used for AFK players.

Of course, this change would also allow Inquisitors and Royal Guard to no longer be forced to AFK on their respective jobs if they desire the extra experience from meditation.

Finally, this would give Staff and Gamemasters the ability to have an accurate count of how many players are AFK when preparing for an event. Staff, assuming they are of high enough rank, would also be able to force this job upon players who are AFK on their RP Job.

What are the advantages of having this?:

- Allows ST to begin an era of reform, as well as RG and INQ to no longer be used for AFK Meditation.
- Gives Staff/GMs the ability to have an accurate headcount of active players.
- Gives players the ability to AFK without being on a job that should be used exclusively for roleplay.
- Gives high-level players an excuse to AFK for the increased salary, given that experience is useless to them at a certain point.

Who is it mainly for?: Anyone who AFKs, Staff/GMs that would like accurate headcount for an event, Command members that want an accurate headcount of non-afk players.

Links to any content: N/A

+ support 

-This would save STs I can't stand looking through the menu and seeing who active and who not just to see a sea of STs. It's confusing for Medical tryouts to judge how many potential STs could join it. 

- on top of that a job that would grant AFK bounces would be loads better then going AFK and basically being dead weight. 

- the only problem I have with it is IQ and RG would no longer need there Meditatie and channel hate abillty 

- but it would in the end bring some more loyal and more active members to those Regiments as you would no longer have ether be going AFK on the job or have people buy those pacific jobs just to us them as EXP gaining 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

2 hours ago, Zefer said:

+ support 

-This would save STs I can't stand looking through the menu and seeing who active and who not just to see a sea of STs. It's confusing for Medical tryouts to judge how many potential STs could join it. 

- on top of that a job that would grant AFK bounces would be loads better then going AFK and basically being dead weight. 

- the only problem I have with it is IQ and RG would no longer need there Meditatie and channel hate abillty 

- but it would in the end bring some more loyal and more active members to those Regiments as you would no longer have ether be going AFK on the job or have people buy those pacific jobs just to us them as EXP gaining 

+Support

"What do you mean, i cant murder you..." "

7 hours ago, Zefer said:

+ support 

this looks like a great addition, hope its added 👍

8 hours ago, Zefer said:

+ support 

Former Nova Vice Commander
toki GIF

11 hours ago, Zefer said:

+ support 

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

11 hours ago, Zefer said:

+ support 

Imperial RP | Ex Nova VCMDR Morpheus | Ex LTSL Val Kaiyo 

Police RP | PD CPL | Ex EMS EMT | Ex DOC CO | Bappo Family 

On 7/30/2021 at 2:01 PM, Zefer said:

+ support 

Keeper of the Turdium Pantaloons 

200.gif

Former: Marshal Commander, 501st Senior Commander, SF Vice Marshall, 501st "Stinky" HVYL, & Former 501st Fossil.
[ Also really bad at PvP plz no bully. ]

On 7/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, Zefer said:

+ support 

Given |
| Former Starfighter Marshall | Former Agent Del Meeko |
| Former Senior Gamemaster |

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

+ support 

PD Low Command (MAJ) | State Command (LT) | SCU MSGT | Armed Diver CC | Rockford County Deputy CC$400 Donator 

UMC LVL 1 | FBI SA PoliceRP Moderator

+ support 

SF SFL SRVW EX: Nova VCMDR EX: DT SGT 
189th Mandalorian Corps Imperial Fleet Brigade 

183rd Siege Unit Star Fighter Zeta Wing
Coming Through Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

However, we do appreciate your attitude towards trying to help us improve, please feel free to show us some more ideas!

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』