High Command Overhaul Suggestion [In Progress] [Completed]

Nacho

What do you want to see?:

Opening Statement -

I would like to see the current High Command system be changed. More specifically, I would like to see the process in which we determine our High Command members be changed. Let me preface this by stating that I do not have a problem with any current High Command members and that by suggesting this topic, my intent is not to undermine or suggest that any current High Command members do not deserve their rank. I am simply suggesting an idea that I believe will be beneficial server-wide.

Specific Changes -

NachosHighCommand.png.ecb0dcd1dbfb0839edeebe17fd16b43a.png

As shown in the image above, my suggestion is to allow the Senior Commanders of Naval battalions (Navy, Starfighters, Inferno Squad, & Death Troopers) to have a path to the Naval High Command Ranks. As of right now, the current promotion path forces Senior Commanders of these Naval battalions (aside from Navy) to become a Marshall Commander. Which, as we all know, is tasked with overseeing the Army battalions (501st, Stormtroopers, Medical Corps, Shock Troopers, etc.). My proposed promotion path removes one General slot (optional, I think it balances out since we're taking away three battalions worth of candidates) from the Army HC and adds the Moff rank and a second Fleet Admiral rank to HC. 

Important Details -

The names & order of the ranks are not important and can be whatever SMT decides on, I just wanted to give an example to provide a clear picture of what it is I'm suggesting. The most important detail of this change, however, is that Naval HC essentially receives the Naval equivalent of the Marshall Commander positions, where the individuals elected for those positions have a limited time to demonstrate their leadership abilities, oversee the Naval battalions, and are either promoted or demoted and the end of their term, depending on their performance.

Why should we add it?:

Persuading Argument -

To me, and many others, it doesn't make sense for someone who has spent months in a Naval battalion to be "promoted" to a position that oversees a completely different set of battalions, rather than the ones that they have worked along side and have gotten to know over the course of their careers. As the current Marshall of the Starfighters Corps, we have had many operations and simulations with the other Naval battalions as suggested and put together by our overseers that have allowed us to form friendships, rivalries, and respect for each other's battalions. Its disheartening to know that we have no choice but to throw away all of our experience with the other Naval battalions to go and learn how completely different battalions operate in order to progress. I understand that you don't have to accept the promotion and can remain the Senior Commander of a battalion. But I sincerely think that my proposed change allows everyone to succeed in a way that makes more sense.

What are the advantages of having this?:

Providing Equal Opportunity - 

As stated above, the changes provide a clear path for those in Naval battalions to fill the Naval High Command positions that they have worked with and understand the role of (Fleet Admiral, High Admiral, Grand Moff), instead of being forced into a role that they may have no experience working with (Marshall Commander, General, Allegiant General), and overseeing battalions that they may know nothing about. The change, in my opinion, makes more sense than the current system in place, is future proof, and is still lore-friendly. 

Who is it mainly for?:

Beneficial to Everyone -

The change is mainly for the Naval battalions: Navy, Starfighters Corps, Inferno Squad, & Death Troopers, but is still a benefit to every battalion. The Naval battalions will have a improved path to the HC ranks that oversee the same battalions they know, and the Army battalions will now have the Army HC ranks only filled by people they know and who are familiar with the Army procedure.

Links to any content:

The Current High Command Roster -

CurrentRoster.png.1573bc54692df88161eb087c98fe03f9.png

My Proposed High Command Roster -

NachosRoster.png.737914cba6a04de57a6cd65638a3af20.png

Closing Statement -

Thank you for taking the time to read this, while it is somewhat long, I tried to keep everything compact and hope that the images I provided can help better picture what it is I'm suggesting. I don't think I'm asking for too much. I simply think that the Army and Navy battalions should have their own equal paths to high command positions.

Edited by Nacho

Retired Starfighter Corps Marshall

nachobanner.png.b24b3503dd6306a5c8b7b990e2289b2e.png

• Nacho changed the title to High Command Overhaul Suggestion

+ Support I believe this makes a lot more sense then our current system of choosing HC because as you stated it doesn't make sense for a navy battalion senior commander to go to AHC instead of NHC. I also like the addition of moff as that is a very important rank in lore and it makes sense to have it in the server.

Edited by killuabz
  • Thanks 1

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

+/- Support
- Makes sense that naval battalions should be able to get naval HC
- Would help clear up any "congestion" that may occur in the AHC positions (due to that currently being the one every battalion can be promoted to)
-Lore friendly

- Would be a lot easier to get HC
- Should not be the same amount of positions considering there are 3 fewer battalions that would be eligible for NHC
Overall I think it is a good idea but could use a few adjustments. 

Given |
| Former Starfighter Marshall | Former Agent Del Meeko |
| Former Senior Gamemaster |

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

2 hours ago, NoCapGiven said:

+/- Support
- Would help clear up any "congestion" that may occur in the AHC positions (due to that currently being the one every battalion can be promoted to)
-Lore friendly

- Should not be the same amount of positions considering there are 3 fewer battalions that would be eligible for NHC

Ex: CMO Commodore | MO Commodore

Current: CPO Dornan

"Sometimes I wonder if Gmod is preventing me from getting girls"

7 hours ago, NoCapGiven said:

+/- Support
-Lore friendly

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

8 hours ago, NoCapGiven said:

+/- Support
-Lore friendly

ImperialRP

Ret. Shadow Guard V Noir Ret. SF EP GSO Ret. MC HS VCMDR Flanbro - Ret. GMVI/Mod

1136393658_image(3).png.38d29dde09c4c4b898f756b644e3377a.png 

15 hours ago, killuabz said:

+ Support I believe this makes a lot more sense then our current system of choosing HC because as you stated it doesn't make sense for a navy battalion senior commander to go to AHC instead of NHC. I also like the addition of moff as that is a very important rank in lore and it makes sense to have it in the server.

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

- +Support -

(With a grain of salt)

- This overhaul would make more sense logically (Naval battalions going to naval HCOM)

- This would hard to implement but would make our server unique.

Now for the additions and removal of ranks. Army has more battalions and requires more HCOM representatives. If you were to keep the current Army ranks and only add one extra High Admiral I can see this working, with those additions the ranks of Grand Moff will be equivalent to Grand General and vise versa. That would mean each week each member of HCOM will be assigned to their specified branch while the two HCOM members who are the highest of their respective branch (Army and Naval.) Will oversee those below them. With all that being said it won't work at it's current state but can easily be improved.

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

18 hours ago, SawickM said:

- +Support -

(With a grain of salt)

- This overhaul would make more sense logically (Naval battalions going to naval HCOM)

Now for the additions and removal of ranks. Army has more battalions and requires more HCOM representatives. If you were to keep the current Army ranks and only add one extra High Admiral I can see this working, with those additions the ranks of Grand Moff will be equivalent to Grand General and vise versa. That would mean each week each member of HCOM will be assigned to their specified branch while the two HCOM members who are the highest of their respective branch (Army and Naval.) Will oversee those below them. With all that being said it won't work at it's current state but can easily be improved.

Imperial RP | Ex Nova VCMDR Morpheus | Ex LTSL Val Kaiyo 

Police RP | PD CPL | Ex EMS EMT | Ex DOC CO | Bappo Family 

19 hours ago, SawickM said:

- +Support -

(With a grain of salt)

Drayton

Former DT ØSC01/SH8 l Former IC VCOM Scorch l Former Iden Versio l Former SHGO Drayton

First Inferno Squad Senior Commander

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ― G.K. Chesterton