Thin - Player Report

The Real Slim Nova

Your in game name: Nova

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:554693485

The player's in game name: Thin

The player's steam ID (required): STEAM_0:0:419502660

Date and Time This Incident Occurred: 7/26/21 at 12:36 AM

What did the player do: Thin was building as a Class-D, apparently making "meth", thats not why I made this report though. He was building off duty on D-Class, and that is not allowed. 

Evidence (required):image.thumb.png.c918eb0bc7d5c55173c649ab3d8d6b45.png

Picture shows evidence of the building
What do you believe should happen to the player: Warning for Building as a Class-D

Any extra information: Nope.

• Dislike 2

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

2 minutes ago, Gangster Mickey said:

- Support 

- I dont think this is worth of a warnable offense as it does not disturb any rp

It also depends on how many warns. If he has a single warn on building as a d class then he should most definetely get a formal. if its his first offense then its only worth a verbal 

Staff member should not be spawning props as Class-D and even if donator should not be spawning props

space star GIF

-support
He was on supplier, which means he is fully allowed to build on that job to set up a shop, which was part of it. This didn't need to be a forums report either, couldve been through staff at the time who could tell you the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, Flooded said:

Staff member should not be spawning props as Class-D and even if donator should not be spawning props

he was on supplier setting up a shop. Also, this is completely harmless.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

2 minutes ago, Crusader said:

-Support

This seems like it is in lower D-Block which isn't bad, anywhere else I would agree.

Even if it is lower d-block, you shouldnt be building as a Class-D. 

As stated in the MOTD: 

4. Class D personnel are prohibited from spawning props.

If the specified staff member read the MOTD they should know that.

space star GIF

2 minutes ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

-support
He was on supplier, which means he is fully allowed to build on that job to set up a shop, which was part of it. This didn't need to be a forums report either, couldve been through staff at the time who could tell you the same thing. 

EX MAJ In MIL 
EX A2 In E4
Current VCMDR Of Sarkic

1 minute ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

-support

This is a meth shop, and he spawned more than 10 items. He spawned five (5) chairs, and around 5  different other items along with a little prop next to the chair

space star GIF

1 minute ago, Flooded said:

This is a meth shop, and he spawned more than 10 items. He spawned five (5) chairs, and around 5  different other items along with a little prop next to the chair

Class D Suppliers are permitted to spawn a maximum of 10 props to build a store front for their items. The storefront must be located in Lower D-Block, and not in one of the spawn rooms.

There were two suppliers too, both were set up in there.

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)

Just now, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

Class D Suppliers are permitted to spawn a maximum of 10 props to build a store front for their items. The storefront must be located in Lower D-Block, and not in one of the spawn rooms.

There were two suppliers too, both were set up in there.

As there were 2 suppliers, most of the props were built by "Thin"

space star GIF

I am still unable to see the problem. Is there any proof he built more than 10 of them on his own? There were several people there, and what if the rest was for the other supplier? There is too much lacking in terms of valid reasoning to warrant anything worse than a verbal, if even that much. The player count at the time wasn't even breaking 100 players. This is something staff on at the time could have cleared up quickly and easily. 

Just now, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

I am still unable to see the problem. Is there any proof he built more than 10 of them on his own? There were several people there, and what if the rest was for the other supplier? There is too much lacking in terms of valid reasoning to warrant anything worse than a verbal, if even that much. The player count at the time wasn't even breaking 100 players. This is something staff on at the time could have cleared up quickly and easily. 

The picture shows evidence of a bunch of other props, spawned in by him. I cant really get it now because he despawned them but most of them were from him

And even if it isnt breaking 100 players that doesnt matter

space star GIF

5 minutes ago, Flooded said:

There were more than just me there, and we all built our props for the shop. If it was such a big problem we could have just talked and I would be happy to fix it in a way we both could agree to.

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

The picture shows evidence of a bunch of other props, spawned in by him. I cant really get it now because he despawned them but most of them were from him

And even if it isnt breaking 100 players that doesnt matter

The image only shows that one of the props there belongs to him. One. 

Just now, Flooded said:

How am I supposed to capture all of the props in one image? magic??

Take several. Or a clip.

Personally, I see this incident as a place for fun for all the Class-Ds that are new to this game. Now if Thin was placing larger props like a large pole or cube, that is where my opinion changes. 

And the fact it shows that it’s the time for night surge, just automatically tells me that it’s minge hours. 

Though indeed a rule was broken, this could have been settled with a sit and not on the forums, perhaps? Unless there was no staff on but you at the time.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Personally, I see this incident as a place for fun for all the Class-Ds that are new to this game. Now if Thin was placing larger props like a large pole or cube, that is where my opinion changes. 

And the fact it shows that it’s the time for night surge, just automatically tells me that it’s minge hours. 

Though indeed a rule was broken, this could have been settled with a sit and not on the forums, perhaps? Unless there was no staff on but you at the time.

Im not sure any rule was broken given the class he was on. The largest thing that was placed was that washing machine looking thing. Overall, this entire act was completely harmless, and multiple other staff saw it and said nothing against it. 

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

Was told by the HoS to report this on the forums

space star GIF

This isnt a security problem? Did you bring it to the HoS as a security issue or just asked for advice.

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

2 minutes ago, Flooded said:

you asked the HoS about this why? this is a server rule, you bring it to staff, not gensec

42 minutes ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

-support

Perfectly Said

Edited by [GL] funnyfish0
ci

I was there when it happened Thin and a couple other of us built that in the supplier room just messing around and having fun. Many players commented on it and thought it was really interesting. This was 1: in the supplier room and 2: in lower d block where no other class besides d class can go to. This “Meth Lab” was way out the way and was really just a hang out spot

-support

Edited by Dees1116

Former: CI 2LT Dees | CI RnD SVA Dees 

GL: Former Senior Mod | SCP LEVEL 100 GANG 💪

1 hour ago, Ya Boi Sawrunner said:

you asked the HoS about this why? this is a server rule, you bring it to staff, not gensec

By "HoS" he means Rookieblue, the Head of Staff, not the Head of Security. 

As for my actual opinion on this, it seems completely harmless  and while yes, it does break the rules of d class spawning props, why did you not just ask them to despawn the props? Why go through the trouble of a forums report? Forgive me but the whole report seems rather pedantic.

Edited by Loaff

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

-Support

While "Technically" this is violating the MOTD, You shouldn't only view something from a technical stand point.

4. Class D personnel are prohibited from spawning props.

If we look at this rule, why do you think it was created? I assume the rule was created so Class-D don't spawn props in combat zones and so they don't abuse props. (ex: Spawning blast doors in Upper D-Block)

With the information in mind on why this rule was created, do you think it is fair for Thin to be warned for trying to enhance an RP situation out of combat?

3. You should only use props to enhance an RP situation.

After all lets not forget the reason we're able to spawn props in the first place.

If Thin is not a donator rank and is using donator privileges off duty that is something that should be dealt with in the Staff Team, not something he should be warned for.

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team