Map Idea: Skybox Addition [Accepted] [Completed]

Seaman

Is this addition useful/relative?   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this addition useful/relative?

• Yes
    • No

What would you like to see:

A display of some sort that shows exactly where and what the boundaries of the ISD are within the sky box. (See attached image for example)

How would it help the server and/or the player base:

It would allow GMs to locate, familiarize and utilize the Skybox a lot more. The skybox is a crucial part of events which involve combat and ships. Having a more functional and friendly skybox allows GMs to do better. Although the skybox is obviously usable right now, having the small outline will PREVENT the common issue of Ships hyperspacing IN to the ISD or TOO close to it. 

Do you think this suggestion will help the server as a whole: 

Of course, with GMs more confident and educated, event quality will increase intern increasing the amount of players who get on and return to the server. Also will make for some great scenery for events. spacer.pngIn terms of optimization there shouldn't be too much detail or a high poly model going into this, to prevent any problems of lag. Just as the image shows, a materialized triangle that is true to the ISD's size is more than enough to portray the desire. 

~With Care, Seaman 
Retired Grand Moff Tarkin
 Retired Head Gamemaster

++++++ Support

+ Please also make the skybox bigger! I can't tell you how many times I have hyperspaced ships just for them to get stuck because of how small it is!

+ Skybox props make events 10x better for those that can see them. 

ImperialRP

Ret. Shadow Guard V Noir Ret. SF EP GSO Ret. MC HS VCMDR Flanbro - Ret. GMVI/Mod

1136393658_image(3).png.38d29dde09c4c4b898f756b644e3377a.png 

14 minutes ago, Flanbro said:

++++++ Support

+ Please also make the skybox bigger! I can't tell you how many times I have hyperspaced ships just for them to get stuck because of how small it is!

24 minutes ago, Flanbro said:

++++++ Support

2 hours ago, Flanbro said:

++++++ Support

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

• Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! Please allow up to a week for this suggestion to be successfully implemented into the server.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

• 2 months later...