Flanbro's Head Gamemaster Application- Denied

Flanbro

Flanbro's Head Gamemaster Application  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should Flanbro become Head Gamemaster?

• Yes
    • No

Permission for this application was granted by Lucifer. 

In-game name: Flanbro / ISB Colonel Vette

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:147204332

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: MC HS VCMDR Flanbro 5443 / Shadow Guard V Noir

How long have you been Gamemaster:

About 1 1/2 months.

Have you received any strikes (please give reasons if applicable):

I have not received any GM strikes.

How much time do you have on the server?:

6 weeks (1076 hours at time of writing - https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/974100454?servers[4604844]=1M)

How well do you know the LORE?:

I am very well-versed in the Star Wars Lore. I've read the various published 'encyclopedia' books, watched all the movies, watched most of the shows, read the wiki whenever I see something I don't know, and am generally willing to ask questions about the LORE to more experienced people if I don't know the answer to something.

Why do you wish to become the Head Gamemaster?:

I believe that as the Head Gamemaster I will be able to coordinate with the Gamemaster team better, help make each and every event better with tips and tricks, assist each and every gamemaster with whatever questions or problems they have, and also because I want to help manage the GM team, making it a fun and welcoming place while maintaining a professional environment.

Why should you be trusted to be the Head Gamemaster?:

I believe you should trust me as the new HGM because of my ability to lead, as well as the multitude of friends I've made in this GM team. I know that I've set an example as someone who is trustworthy and someone you can come to if you have a problem. I've helped newbies and experienced alike through planning their events, co-hosting, helping set up actors, you name it. I know that they will vouch that I am a trustworthy individual, and I know that they know I plan to continue helping them if they ask.

Have you mastered ULX?:

Yes. I am experienced and fluent with almost every ULX command including every moderation command and all of the target shortcuts. 

Are you experienced with planning Mega Events?:

I'll be honest, I have only planned one mega event myself, and I have yet to complete it due to delays. But I have helped in a multitude of mega events since I was a GM II. And I promise you, that if the time comes that I need to plan a mega event, or if I suddenly feel like planning one, that mega event is going to be as unique and fun as I can make it. Each assignment for each admin will have thought put in to it to make sure the event is great. 

Do you have any experience leading a team?:

Yes, both in real life and in video games. In real life I've lead multiple posts since I was around 11 years old in things like boy scouts, fire department junior programs, etc. and I've grown in to more advanced fields, leading my EMT cadet post of around 20 people. In video games, I've had my fair share of "head admin" or "head of staff" positions as well as on discord, and I've seen almost every problem that can arise in a team and how to solve them. I'd say both of these experiences qualify me as someone who has experience leading teams.

Give an example of a mega event:

A mega event must encompass each individual aspect of combat or roleplay scenarios to be a good mega event. It should be done in phases for proper organization and storytelling. I'll be using this for my example:

This event will centralize around a Rebel Superweapon boarded on a massive ship, with 1 or 2 ISDs assisting us in space combat, and uses the gm_aftermath_night map.

Phase 1 of this event would include briefing Naval on the impending assault through the holodeck as an ISB. Troopers would be told to man their battlestations and expect heavy rebel offensives.

Phase 2 of this event would involve forming up with two ISDs as we make the jump to hyperspace, arriving at a massive New Republic Strident-Class Star Defender. This absolute hulk of a ship would be holding a superweapon on its broadside, aiming it at one of our ISDs. Rebels would begin bombarding the ship with drop pods and infantry.

Phase 3 of this event is the first firing of the superweapon, disabling an ISD on our starboard side. Rebel reinforcements would begin to slow as they moved to the disabled ISD to clear it out. This phase sees our ISD being briefed on a possible power source on the planet we are orbiting. 

Phase 4 of this event is the deployment of ground forces with orders from an ISB to destroy the power source for the superweapon. We would all move to gm_aftermath_night as our ISD was defended by the last remaining friendly ISD. 

Phase 5 of this event is the gathering of Information planetside, seeing a broadside battle of the Strident and the friendly ISD in the air. Our ISD's forces would locate the superweapon's power source, heavily fortified by rebels. Explosive trained personnel move to positions as we take out the rebels, before destroying the power source. In the sky we see the Strident begin to fall as the superweapon malfunctions and destroys itself. We were too late, however, and the friendly ISD has been disabled as well.

Phase 6 of this event is a return to our ship, with some rebel reinforcements still aboard the ship. We would quickly exterminate them and begin debriefing our troops on what had happened. Queue solemn remarks in debrief about losing 2 ships, but happy cheers about destroying the superweapon.

How active can you be:

I've proven myself as an incredibly active member of my regiment (Medical Corps) and also as a GM. I'm on all throughout the day and am always ready to help someone, they just need to send me a DM.

Edited by Flanbro

ImperialRP

Ret. Shadow Guard V Noir Ret. SF EP GSO Ret. MC HS VCMDR Flanbro - Ret. GMVI/Mod

1136393658_image(3).png.38d29dde09c4c4b898f756b644e3377a.png 

-Support
In my opinion, I don't really see you as the Head Gamemaster. You have some decent event ideas, and aren't a bad Gamemaster but I feel you need a lot more experience, Some answers are "I will do this" "I will do that", but I don't really see a plan on the steps you will take to achieve that goal. I think that if you're truly interested in the position you should wait more, and take the initiative to actually achieve that goal. 

No hard feelings though, Good luck in the position!

• Like 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

20 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support
In my opinion, I don't really see you as the Head Gamemaster. You have some decent event ideas, and aren't a bad Gamemaster but I feel you need a lot more experience, Some answers are "I will do this" "I will do that", but I don't really see a plan on the steps you will take to achieve that goal. I think that if you're truly interested in the position you should wait more, and take the initiative to actually achieve that goal. 

• Like 1

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

35 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

• Like 1

Former: Darth Vader

Former: Super Administrator | Forum Diplomat | Support Advisor

1 hour ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

-Support

I have to agree with what TAlila has said 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

• Like 1

Imperial RP | Ex Nova VCMDR Morpheus | Ex LTSL Val Kaiyo 

Police RP | PD CPL | Ex EMS EMT | Ex DOC CO | Bappo Family 

On 7/20/2021 at 3:31 PM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

However good luck sir!

• Like 1

SF SFL SRVW EX: Nova VCMDR EX: DT SGT 
189th Mandalorian Corps Imperial Fleet Brigade 

183rd Siege Unit Star Fighter Zeta Wing
Coming Through Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

On 7/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

-Support

Current RP/Staff Ranks: Reserved/Retired

Previous Ranks: EX-ST Commander | Ex-SCTAL/SCTL I 3rd ID10 of The Month  ImperialRP Assistant Head Gamemaster | ImperialRP Admin Agent Gideon Hask IF2 

Team Chestbox Gang 

spacer.png

-Support

Imperial RP 

Staff: EX. Senior Admin, Forums Diplomat, September 2021 Staff of the Month

RP: First Commander Second Sister, Ex Ninth Sister, Eighth Brother, and SF SL 

-Support

Ex. Medical Commander Zug
Senior Admin | Forum Diplomat | Support Member