Purple Haze's Staff Application - Denied

purple haze

What is your in-game name?: purple Haze

What is your steam name?: Purple haze

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:604301343

What is your discord username: purplehaze#8127

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: No, I do not. Gaminglight would be a first.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) July 5th.

What date did you make your forums account? July 11th.

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 1.

What is your donor rank? Silver

Are you a staff member in another community? No, I am not.

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes, I have read the Staff Handbook fully.

Timezone: EST

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? I believe there are several important reasons I should be considered for this position. To start off with my logical thinking/decision making. I would like to believe I am a player that has a very strong understanding of the Staff Handbook and what it tries to ensue among Staff. I understand the vitality of administrating sits properly, without letting bias or friendships get in the way. It is very crucial that during intense moments, you make the right decision -- even it if not be the popular one. Reputation among members of the community should not overrule doing the right thing and upholding the standards set by our Management team. Moving on to my activity, while I work regularly throughout the week, I would say that I am relatively active throughout the night. I can be an asset to assisting during late hours when rule breakers are active. I understand sometimes I have mingey moments in D Block, but I have been working against that. I will make sure that I set a proper example as a Staff member, because at the end of the day Staff are direct images of what the community should be -- and I will set that image to the best of my ability. As all people, I mess up, and when that day comes I will see what I did wrong and move it past it with more knowledge and experience than I had before. Resilence is one of my strong points, and I believe it to be a very important attribute of a Staff member. That is why I believe myself to be a contender for a Staff position.

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? eFirstly, I would give them an opporunity stop being disrespectful and vile before I would gag them, stopping them from being able to speak. If they refused to comply, I would gag them and let them know that they would there would be additional punishments for Staff Diss/NCWS accordingly. Once confirming that they had Mass RDM'd I would have a higher up come and ban/warn them for all of the reasons necessary.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? I would gag all of them so they could clearly understand and hear what I am saying. I would ensure they would all be able to put their input in and be able to explain their side of the story. I would then inform them continuing this toxic/unproductive behavior would involve punishment. Once making this clear, I would ungag them one by one, letting them explain their sides without interuption. 

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? I think the worst thing a Staff member can do is begin to not care about the player just because they dont care. Regardless, you have to complete your responsibilities as a Staff and as a representive of the community. I would continue to administrate the sit how I would a normal player, and make sure they known this type of leaniency does not come often.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? (THIS RESPONSE IS DEPENDENT ON WHETHER OR NOT IT HAS BEEN RECONGIZED BY SMT/JMT) I would tell them that exploiting a bug, even though it might not explicity be stated in the MOTD is against the rules. Continuing this will result in severe punishment.

I look forward to bettering the community and bettering myself throughout this experience as Staff, if would you feel that I am fit for this position.

Thanks.

Edited by purple haze

- Support

- Has Recently been put on a 1 month do not train in research for insulting command, adding on to the dnt he was already put on for insulting command member jummy.
- Fairly new to the server and does not seem fit for staff.

Retried: CI LTCMDR CI R&D AIN, E11 CPT, and Research Assistant Manager.

21 minutes ago, CyClon said:

- Support

- Has Recently been put on a 1 month do not train in research for insulting command, adding on to the dnt he was already put on for insulting command member jummy.
- Fairly new to the server and does not seem fit for staff.

I would like to note the DNT is very controversial. All I said was "I dont think [insert command member's name here] handled the mass test very well." I've been trying to get in contact with command members so that something like this doesn't blemish my image as a player and hinder my ability to be a condender for a Staff position.

If you consider that disrespect worthy of demotion and DNT then we can leave it at that and I apologize.

Edited by purple haze

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I would like to note the DNT is very controversial. All I said was "I dont think [insert command member's name here] handled the mass test very well." I've been trying to get in contact with command members so that something like this doesn't blemish my image as a player and hinder my ability to be a condender for a Staff position.

If you consider that disrespect worthy of demotion and DNT then we can leave it at that and I apologize.

to my knowledge the DNT was expanded after you had a talk with an Alto Clef, inwhich you said something along the lines of "can't imagine what jummy's like in real life"
that can be considered cmd diss in this context.

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

2 minutes ago, Jummy said:

to my knowledge the DNT was expanded after you had a talk with an Alto Clef, inwhich you said something along the lines of "can't imagine what jummy's like in real life"
that can be considered cmd diss in this context.

That was definitely not the words that left my mouth. Dr Alto Clef told me that Jummy was offended that I told him that I believed he didnt handle the Mass test very well. My response was merely commenting on that the levels of immaturity to take offense to that is not fit for a command member. Which is very true in this case, something nonvulgar, nonprofane should not be something worth getting offended by, let alone getting me demoted for. A conversation would have sufficed.

With that being said, I will no longer be commenting on this unless more is brought to the topic. Sorry for the inconvience of you reading this. I thought it was important to get my side in.

I think you would be  an ok staff but I do have a few problems with you becoming one 

1.as stated above you were removed from research not once but twice for command diss. As a research command I know my colleagues and they don’t remove someone for saying “jummy could have did their mass test better” so there must be more to the situation but I don’t know for sure. 

2.It says in your app that you have “Logical/critical thinking” but someone that has logical thinking would think about what they say before they insult an event a command member created. But even after the first time you were removed  you didn’t learn your lesson 

3.and the time on the server is quite lacking.

sorry just had to get my input in

Edited by ceese

Former Research Manager| EXP medic |MTF E11 CPL FartDaddy37
AKA The guy who stole Rektifys rank
image.png.4a79aba1d074f4fe5053277bd4ea571d.png

3 minutes ago, Jummy said:

Don't drag me into this anymore, please.

Sorry I just had to use you for my example 

Former Research Manager| EXP medic |MTF E11 CPL FartDaddy37
AKA The guy who stole Rektifys rank
image.png.4a79aba1d074f4fe5053277bd4ea571d.png

7 minutes ago, ceese said:

-support 

I think you would be  an ok staff but I do have a few problems with you becoming one 

1.as stated above you were removed from research not once but twice for command diss. As a research command I know my colleagues and they don’t remove someone for saying “jummy could have did their mass test better” so there must be more to the situation but I don’t know for sure. 

2.It says in your app that you have “Logical/critical thinking” but someone that has logical thinking would think about what they say before they insult an event a command member created. But even after the first time you were removed  you didn’t learn your lesson 

3.and the time on the server is quite lacking.

sorry just had to get my input in

and I have had a few issues with you in the past aswell so i just suggest just wait and try to get in a better standing with the community then remake a app

Best regards Soul.....

Nu7 CPT|HFE|HSU Hades

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

-Support

From what I’ve seen, you’ve only played for a couple of weeks, maybe 2-3? In which my opinion, isn’t really enough. I recommend playing for a month or 2 to get to know the community.

I did had some bad interactions with you while you were a gensec heavy. Though they weren’t enough to the point a sit was brought upon. Still, get to know some people and try not to have a bad impression with them.

david-goggins-lifting.gif

-Support

I do not believe you have enough time on the server 

From what other people have said you seem quiet disrespectful

raygol/rahgul

SWAT Lieutenant (Head FTO and Senior Sharpshooter)

EMS Lieutenant

Dispatch Deputy Head Dispatcher

ok, so dont take this to heart as its nothing personal these are just my views.

-Support

my reasons

-overly toxic in ooc chat fairly often, a lot of the times revolving around the skill of other players compared to there own skill.

-fairly disrespectful when replied to in these cases

-very little time in the community

-recent DNT for command diss

-no poll?

also for your Q4 you answered: Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? (THIS RESPONSE IS DEPENDENT ON WHETHER OR NOT IT HAS BEEN RECONGIZED BY SMT/JMT) I would tell them that exploiting a bug, even though it might not explicity be stated in the MOTD is against the rules. Continuing this will result in severe punishment.

which is a good answer however i believe more could be done in this situation, if the player is reported to staff then someone has to have reported it right? something you could do is bring the accuser and ask for any clips or forms of evidence to prove the offender guilty, if no clips or evidence are supplied then i would try to keep an eye on the player, because chances are they are lying, and if so then chances are they will do it sometime soon again.

Edited by STONKSMAN
realised the application didnt follow format (no poll)

RETIRED

4 hours ago, STONKSMAN said:

ok, so dont take this to heart as its nothing personal these are just my views.

-Support

my reasons

-overly toxic in ooc chat fairly often, a lot of the times revolving around the skill of other players compared to there own skill.

-fairly disrespectful when replied to in these cases

-very little time in the community

-recent DNT for command diss

-no poll?

also for your Q4 you answered: Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? (THIS RESPONSE IS DEPENDENT ON WHETHER OR NOT IT HAS BEEN RECONGIZED BY SMT/JMT) I would tell them that exploiting a bug, even though it might not explicity be stated in the MOTD is against the rules. Continuing this will result in severe punishment.

which is a good answer however i believe more could be done in this situation, if the player is reported to staff then someone has to have reported it right? something you could do is bring the accuser and ask for any clips or forms of evidence to prove the offender guilty, if no clips or evidence are supplied then i would try to keep an eye on the player, because chances are they are lying, and if so then chances are they will do it sometime soon again.

To add onto that, the player was warned 6 hours ago for "Fail RP as 131 | Having a PKM | Entering armory"

-Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021