General Suggestion - 610 fix and attack addition

nightsoil

What are you suggesting?

I believe that SCP-610 in game is quite weak in it's current state. The host neither can the infected attack any personnel because the only way to cause damage is to infect people. The cooldown for 610's infection SWEP is 3* minutes apart, marginally longer than any currently on the server. This, combined with the fact that infected personnel can only infect essentially one at a time, takes most of the risk of 610's infection. There is zero motivation to handle 610 instances quickly because the most recent instance can be focused down so easily by a large MTF group. ADDITIONALLY, accidental infection of another 610 instance is a huge momentum killer for the entire horde because they are left defenseless against all personnel.

What I am suggesting to be altered with 610 is to, firstly, disable accidental infection. 610 instances usually travel in groups and it isn't the easiest to kill/infect somebody with an SCP SWEP, so they'll also most likely be spamming to infect the human. This will inevitably cause the most recent 610, the ONLY instance that will be able to pass on the infection, to be rendered useless, and the danger of the SCP as a whole to be nullified.

As an follow-up to this, 610 could be given a secondary attack that would deal ~100 damage. Instances in lore are supposed to be quite strong, and it's not the hardest to shred a lone instance even against a 100 damage/hit SWEP if hit registration is mostly unreliable, and would award instances that engage combat at very close-quarters.

Not suggesting that the cooldown be reduced just so that it puts 610 on par with the power of SCP classes at the same level of danger, but it would be nice to see the server 610 represent more accurately it's counterpart, lore 610.

How would this change better the server?

SCP-610 being more powerful in these ways would put more urgency on it's containment. It is weak alone, but if left unattended, it's infection would be capable of causing the loss of entire zones because of the combined damage capability. It is balanced for both sides; humans for being attentive to when 610 instances are isolated and engaging them at relatively long ranges, and 610 players for playing around corners, chokepoints, and remaining unnoticed until the time is right to strike.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain.

No, in that the first suggestion is (from what I believe to be) a bug, and I'm simply requesting it to be fixed accordingly to how (I believe) it is supposed to work in actuality. The second is not a huge setback to MTF's effectivity in any regard; nearly all branches that are meant to recontain SCPs in any way, shape or form will be given a toolset to accomplish that goal, and a 610 melee SWEP would not conflict with that whatsoever due to intelligent players realizing their range advantage.

Who would this change mostly benefit?

SCP-610 players.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion

N/A

Edited by nightsoil

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

• nightsoil changed the title to General Suggestion - 610 fix and attack addition

+support

I feel as 610 is weak. He can be RCd really easily by Maintenance, CE, FE, etc.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

18 hours ago, nightsoil said:

The cooldown for 610's infection SWEP is 5 minutes apart

So the cool-down is actually 3 minutes, the information on the sweps description still says 5 minutes but i recently buffed it to 3 minutes about a month ago. Just wanted that noted. 

Understood, I've never been alive as 610 for that long to be able to differentiate the difference haha.

15/4/2021 - 17/8/2021

Former: GENSEC MAJ | Nu-7 SM | RRH Guardian - Kilo 16 | Senior Moderator | Event Team Member | Support 1

+support

the host is the only 610 that can deal damage, the others cant do anything other than infect other players, this will make 610 a bit more fun and enjoyable to play on.

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, Beepis said:

+support

the host is the only 610 that can deal damage, the others cant do anything other than infect other players, this will make 610 a bit more fun and enjoyable to play on.

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this