Keegan's Medical Vice Commander Application

Keegan

Should Keegan become a Medical Vice Commander?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should Keegan become a Medical Vice Commander?

• Yes
    • No

1. What is your IGN? (In Game Name) :

MC RSO CPT Keegan 4571

2. What Regiment/Position are you applying for?

Medical Corps Vice Commander

3. Why do you want to be a commander of this branch?

I would like to be a Vice Commander in this branch, the 69th Medical Corps, in order to help do several key things:

First of all, I would like to have a renewed focus on Rescue Squadron and Research. Rescue has been supplanted a lot in my opinion by Assault Trooper, as Rescue was the more combat-search-and-rescue part of Medical. There are currently not too many reasons to join Rescue over Assault Trooper (if you are a donator) so Rescue numbers are very slow to grow. And while on ship, nobody in Rescue really has anything specific to do that they couldn't do as a regular medical trooper. I'd like to really encourage Rescue Squadron members to start protecting VIPs. I am not sure that I have ever seen anybody do this, but I would really like to get Rescue to guard MOs frequently, as that would keep both sections engaged and have something to do.

As a way to boost all of our sub-battalions, I would like to start assigning each sub-battalion a specific role in SIMs and Trainings that fits their nature and is good applicable practice. For example, a combat sim could be research trying to transport samples of DNA to an evac point and then get to use it after on the ship to make monstrous creations, after Assault Troopers have breached the building that held it. Medical Troopers (those not in sub-battalion, usually TRN-PFC folks) could be doing some guarding of the perimeter as enemies close in, while Rescue is the only group with healing items in the SIM running around healing the others while also helping in the fight. This is just one example, and there are many more that could be done. I really want to give sub-battalions a chance to shine in their areas.

For research specifically, I would like to give them a chance to kidnap people more often from brig to use as experiments, as that is one of the exciting things that made some people join research. Whenever I do tryouts that always catches trainees' attentions. It also might help those that broke rules and got arrested want to seriously play and increase the time they will stay on the server.

Secondly, I would really like to increase the conversion of people from low NCO to higher rank NCO. People tend to fall off in the middle of NCO (perhaps due to applying for 2LT). Anyways, I believe giving NCO more engaging responsibilities besides just "command if nobody higher is on and do tryouts", such as being able to do debriefs and be in charge of medical in SIMs and smaller-scale Events. In fact, I believe this should be a given thing where if someone high ranking is on, they should occasionally give NCO and lower-ranking officers a chance to prove themselves to possibly reduce a cooldown or get a promotion if off-cooldown.

There are many other ideas I have for medical, and they all involve increasing the amount of fun EVERYONE has, regardless of their rank, the attitude of others, or their sub-battalion.

4. How much game time do you have on the server?

According to BattleMetrics, I have 146.5 hours of in-game time on the server as of writing this post. I have not AFKed overnight, and probably have only around 8 hours of AFK.

5. What is the Main Purpose of a commander for a branch?

The Vice Commander's main purpose is to be a role model for the entire Corps, and ensure people are having fun and being engaged without having to resort to more mingy activities. They also should be responsible for doing some of the more boring tasks of medical, such as roster updates and ensuring people are following SOP. I will break this down into more detail.

Vice Commanders should be role models towards Officers (and everyone else), as they are the next-in-line for command if there is no VCMDR or CMDR online. Instilling a sense of respect for others' wishes, even if they are a lower rank, while still being firm in some aspects and knowing how to punish someone for being disrespectful or breaking rules, goes a long way in making people want to keep hopping on every day to have a good time. 

Keeping players happy and engaged is probably the biggest part of every command member's job. Without a player base that comes back, there is nothing else. Having SIMs, trainings, RP in the medbay, and RP around the ship keep being having a wide variety of things to do, rather than just having to sit in medbay and do checkups in between regular events. When people have nothing to do, they become mingy and then start to unravel, giving a bad look on medical for people who are new to the Corps.

6. Why should we trust you to be a commander? :

I know I should be trusted as Vice Commander due to the respect I have from others and for others. I have never lashed out at anyone on the server, and I have a really high amount of patience towards others, which is really key when you are trying to get new players to keep playing. Often people don't understand GMOD much or haven't played on Gaminglight before, so helping them along in the nicest way possible really encourages them to want to continue playing and follow the same way and help others. I help out in the Discord server all the time with helping to answer people's questions, and when on the server I give out tours to my trainees occasionally (something that I'd also like to encourage some NCO to host; they gather up some new ST PVTs and take them on a tour, and then see if they want to tryout for medical). Speaking of, I have a lot of ideas for how medical could be improved and how to do it in a simple way. I own up to my mistakes, and I acknowledge the strengths of others.

I really care about helping others to have fun, and know how difficult it is for people in medical to do things when there is not much direction from the top. As such, I wouldn't want to put the Corps in that position.

7. How often can you be Online? :

Until September, I am able to be online around 3-5 hours per day on weekdays, and up to 10 on weekends (usually around 7). This is due to me having a 9-5 internship on weekdays.

After September, once classes start up, I can reliably be on 3+ hours Tues-Thurs, 7 hours weekends, and either 4+ hours on Mondays and Fridays, depending on if I am working on those days. This is an average of ~4.5+ hours per day.

8. Do you have any Warnings? (What for?) :

I do not have any warnings, verbal or formal, either in Medical or from server staff.

• Like 1

Removed General Keegan

Former Medical Senior Commander Keegan 4571

Former ImperialRP Senior Admin

Former ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster

8 hours ago, spung pop said:

+support

+very active

+leads others well

+very respectful

+definitely a good fit for vcmdr role

~MC ATE SFC fatbob

Ex: CMO Commodore | MO Commodore

Current: CPO Dornan

"Sometimes I wonder if Gmod is preventing me from getting girls"

+ Support
- quite active 
- amazing personality 
- super dedicated to the server / battalion 
- great at leading

SF SFL SRVW EX: Nova VCMDR EX: DT SGT 
189th Mandalorian Corps Imperial Fleet Brigade 

183rd Siege Unit Star Fighter Zeta Wing
Coming Through Star Wars GIF by michaelmarczewski

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your interest!

You have been Accepted into the team, and we would love to speak with you! Please contact any Marshal Commander+ within the next 3 days unless other instructions have been given to you. 

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

-Imperial High Command

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥