Stevie's 501st Commander Application

Stevie

Would Stevie make a good 501st Commander?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Stevie for Commander?

• Yes
    • No

Stevie's 501st Commander Application

1. What is your IGN? (In Game Name) :

501st Vice Commander Stevie

2. What Regiment are you applying for?

501st Legion

3. Why do you want to be a commander of this branch?

The Commander of the 501st is a position that I have many reasons to desire. The 501st is the only battalion that I've been consistently interested in. My motivation to support and assist a battalion has mostly come from a place of reluctance in other regiments, but in the 501st I find myself willing to do it just for the fun of it. Additionally, I have seen the battalion go through slow periods, and I would like to prevent that from happening again. When I first joined the battalion, it was very active and well respected on the ship. We would average double digit numbers and would be constantly doing SIMs and engaging trainings. About the time that I got officer, things started to slow down until eventually the battalion was barely supporting itself. We would only a handful of troops on daily, usually officers or command. Activities would be few and far between. The 501st didn't feel like it had originally. I felt like the battalion was dying and didn't know if it would ever be like it was again. Luckily, it has come back to a healthy state and although it is not as good as it was originally, it is getting better everyday. As Commander, I will do everything I can to prevent a "dark age" from coming back to the 501st so that the troopers don't feel the sense of hopelessness I once had, but also so that the reputation and image of the 501st can be as proud and strong as ever. 

4. How much game time do you have on the server?

928 hours as of the writing of this application.

https://www.battlemetrics.com/players/781788587

5. What is the Main Purpose of a commander for a branch?

There are multiple duties and responsibilities of a commander, both simple and complex. The first of foremost objective of a Commander within a battalion is to ensure the success of the battalion by making sure that there are always consistent amounts of troops on, and that those troops are always left entertained and satisfied with their position in the battalion. This can be obtained by doing flag ups often; These pings focusing on incentivizing troops to get on with promises of promotions, rewards, and activities. It is also obtained by making these activities fun and interesting. I know many people within my battalion find themselves wanting more missions and unique trainings rather than mindless PVP. I believe PVP's are good for two reasons: Building relations with other battalions, and being used as activities for higher player counts when more complex missions and PVE sims cannot be conducted. Other than that, missions and PVE's are generally more helpful and productive. In addition to more hands on work, it is also important that a Commander can delegate tasks to troops so that there are new PVT's coming in consistently, and activities are done often. This entails making sure NCO's are doing tryouts, Officers are doing SIMs, etc. A good Commander should also be enforcing rules of the server and the battalion, and controlling troops from acting out of hand. They should be punishing and possibly removing those who break the rules, and reporting those to staff who take things to extreme levels. This also involves enforcing SGT+ to be in TS at all times, enforcing quotas, and dealing with those negatively interacting with members of your battalion. Finally a good commander should be well known and considered a positive influence on the ship. This can be obtained by interacting with other battalion's activities and inviting them to your own, dealing with transfers appropriately, and being generally friendly with all other commanders and battalion leaders. Although there are other duties, a commander should promote activity, be a voice of discipline and structure, and be on good terms with all other battalions, maintaining a friendly and inviting aura around both yourself and your battalion. 

6. Why should we trust you to be a commander? :

I believe there are many reasons to trust me for Commander, and that my positive attributes and skills out weigh my flaws. I believe presence on the server is mostly positive and that I am good at working with others. I also and stern and firm with my troops and try to be a voice of reason and guidance. I also boast several past experiences that not only show that multiple people have trusted me with many roles and the duties associated with them. My former roles on GL include, Medical Overseer Commander in the Imperial Navy, Squad Lead (CPT) in the Inferno Squad, and Moderator/GM VI. All of these roles mean that multiple people have trusted me and believed me to be capable of managing several different roles both RP and not on Gaming Light. All of these roles have given me great experience and have grown me to be a leader and VCMDR today. I believe I can be trusted to be Commander because of my positive reputation in GL, my vast and useful skillset, and my former roles on the server. 

7. How often can you be Online? :

3-8 hours a day

8. Do you have any Warnings? (What for?) :

I have 1 warning on PoliceRP for RDM x1. It was born mostly out of ignorance rather than malicious intent, but I do regret it and it shall never happen again.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Thank you for reading my application, I appreciate it!

season 4 darkness on umbara GIF by Star Wars

| 501st Vice Commander 5031 |

| Trial Gamemaster  |

Ex: MO Commander | | Squad Lead High Rise | Moderator

season 1 defenders of peace GIF by Star Wars

+Support
+ Good mate
+ knows how to lead
+ active
+ good VCMDR

**Best of luck to ye**

Keeper of the Turdium Pantaloons 

200.gif

Former: Marshal Commander, 501st Senior Commander, SF Vice Marshall, 501st "Stinky" HVYL, & Former 501st Fossil.
[ Also really bad at PvP plz no bully. ]

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+been here longer than most
+its hard to say between Stevie and Nebel, both you guys are cool and would make great commanders. 
+goodluck stevie!  

[Medical MAJ Calvin] [Medical Assault Trooper Boomer] [Admin]

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+its hard to say between Stevie and Nebel, both you guys are cool and would make great commanders. 
+goodluck stevie!  

spacer.png
  Ex. Admin | Ex. Gideon Hask

11 hours ago, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

You're a better leader than me and in my opinion, definitely deserve the position. 👍

Retired Starfighter Corps Marshall

nachobanner.png.b24b3503dd6306a5c8b7b990e2289b2e.png

11 hours ago, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

ImperialRP

Ret. Shadow Guard V Noir Ret. SF EP GSO Ret. MC HS VCMDR Flanbro - Ret. GMVI/Mod

1136393658_image(3).png.38d29dde09c4c4b898f756b644e3377a.png 

12 hours ago, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

The Grand Inquisitor Vertigo 

First Field Commander 

Former Purge Senior Commander 

darth vader GIF by Upamanyu Bhattacharyya

13 hours ago, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

Given |
| Former Starfighter Marshall | Former Agent Del Meeko |
| Former Senior Gamemaster |

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

15 hours ago, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

- Advisor Bear -
- = was Darth Vader (fortnite) & killed a lot of people (MRDM)= -
R IC COL 6150 BEAR | R ST COL Barrett 6150

On 7/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, Lil shmeat said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

When of the best 501st Well desvered

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

On 7/1/2021 at 11:39 AM, NebelFir said:

+Support
+ Good mate
+ knows how to lead
+ active
+ good VCMDR

**Best of luck to ye**

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

On 7/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

👍

Current: Royal Guard I/Shadow Guard TRN Requiem

Former: Supervisor / ARCL Stec / VCMDR Deadly / DT MSG RX5/S75

spacer.png

On 7/2/2021 at 1:53 AM, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

ExBon Jovi

| Former 501st VCMDR | Former Agent Hask |

Movie Raise The Roof GIF by Star Wars

On 7/1/2021 at 11:53 AM, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

On 7/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, Calvin said:

+support
+funny
+kind
+good leader
+goodluck stevie!  

Kev
juegos fallout GIF

DENIED

Thank you for your interest!

Unfortunately, after intensive review by Army High Command, this application has been Denied

You may re-apply in two weeks!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥