Add a "grace" relief to AoS - Specifically for BH classes. [Denied]

Shawshank

What do you want to see?:

Suggestion would mainly entail adding a grace period for AOS warrants on bounty hunter classes;
Mando BH/Bones
Timeframe is debatable by staff;
Suggesting 5 min auto-clear.
If BH breaks LoS for >60-90s the AoS will be cleared off.
Change reason for AoS from "Murder" or "RDM" to "Assassination" or "Hunt"

Why should we add it?:

I personally, and from discussion with a staff or two, and some other BH players, find it quite backwards that a class that is in-lore paid to kill people, will then spend 5+ mins on the run from shock/arrest classes, then spend another 10 mins in jail, just for doing their job. It really just enforces failRP/kill binding for said classes, as it essentially makes it so you cannot play on the server anymore for doing your job. An alternative would be to just make it so instead of arresting BH classes for doing their job, just to make them KoS instead of AoS. I also would like to mention that the hunter would try to ESCAPE after and not just mow down the people trying to arrest them.

What are the advantages of having this?:

As of the current state, BH classes are un-fun to play during more prime time hours due to the 10 min cooldown for just playing your job. At that point the class becomes unusable due to the restriction. There is also the problem of how some people will just auto-whip out an arrest stick and arrest you instantly for doing your job. Maybe this entire factor could be concluded with "Lul git gud", but most servers do have AoS auto-clears, or just KoS for hitmen/BH doing their jobs.

Who is it mainly for?:

Mandolorian Bounty Hunter [LVL 150!]
Mr. Bones [LVL 200!]

+Support

This would be great as AOS seems to be infinite and if they see you 15 minutes after they will still arrest you. So if you run and evade for 5 minutes then the AOS should no longer be active

^-^ | Former: 501st Commander | Senior Admin Senior Gamemaster | ^-^

westar.png.f8d7728514dce2dcc50b0607bd2391f4.png

2 hours ago, Polarity said:

+Support

This would be great as AOS seems to be infinite and if they see you 15 minutes after they will still arrest you. So if you run and evade for 5 minutes then the AOS should no longer be active

"Even the good leaders make poor decisions, it's the best leaders that take responsibility for them." - Kratos

2 hours ago, Polarity said:

+Support

R. MC EMS LTCOL

Ex. Medical Vice-Commander
"Cringe."

8 hours ago, Polarity said:

+Support

Given |
| Former Starfighter Marshall | Former Agent Del Meeko |
| Former Senior Gamemaster |

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

17 hours ago, Polarity said:

+Support

-Support 

Honestly as a person who has 2 custom jobs with bounty hunter sweps I don’t exactly agree with this. 

1. When you get on a bounty hunter job it’s sort of expected to at some point have Shock chase you. Most of the time when they do chase me I end up losing them and they give up. AOS is hardly called in my opinion. 

2. When doing a hit you should try to be more stealthy and maybe only accept targets you know you can handle. 

3. Adding a cool down to AOS doesn’t make sense cause when would an entire ISD just stop looking for someone who killed a trooper on board?

4. If you get arrested like 15-20 after an AOS is called on you it’s more than likely that you or one of the Shock/Naval that arrested you have died so do as I do and put in ooc that you died and the AOS will be over. 

Also how would this work if someone did arrest you after the 5 minutes are Shock and Naval going to be expected to set a timer as soon as they call an AOS? And if they are staying on you the entire time then 5 minutes is up they just stop and turn around? Seems like it would cause more issues then solve. 

Last-Senior Commander Iden Versio (First IF SharpShooter Overseer, Last Commander ID10,Team Chestbox Gang)

Founder of the Gaminglight Christian Alliance Ex-Super Admin SawickM/Forum Diplomat/Supportspacer.png

17 minutes ago, SawickM said:

-Support 

Honestly as a person who has 2 custom jobs with bounty hunter sweps I don’t exactly agree with this. 

1. When you get on a bounty hunter job it’s sort of expected to at some point have Shock chase you. Most of the time when they do chase me I end up losing them and they give up. AOS is hardly called in my opinion. 

2. When doing a hit you should try to be more stealthy and maybe only accept targets you know you can handle. 

3. Adding a cool down to AOS doesn’t make sense cause when would an entire ISD just stop looking for someone who killed a trooper on board?

4. If you get arrested like 15-20 after an AOS is called on you it’s more than likely that you or one of the Shock/Naval that arrested you have died so do as I do and put in ooc that you died and the AOS will be over. 

Also how would this work if someone did arrest you after the 5 minutes are Shock and Naval going to be expected to set a timer as soon as they call an AOS? And if they are staying on you the entire time then 5 minutes is up they just stop and turn around? Seems like it would cause more issues then solve. 

To answer your main point here that was across two points:
I understand that dying removes the AoS.
However, you seem to underestimate the time they chase you.
I have never once seen a shock or naval give up or turn around ***After calling AoS***
There are many times that I have seen them give up on an arrest and then just ignore it, but NEVER once AoS happens.

For a point to three. This isn't a "cooldown" to ignore someone calling AoS. Or a "cooldown" to get away with murder. I'm saying that once the AoS is placed that it should expire after a reasonable level of time.

>honestly as a person with two custom jobs

Most custom jobs have either 600-1000 hp, or over 3500. There is no inbetween.
This is the main reason noone chases you on said jobs. It is not realistic to be able to arrest or capture someone with max run speed for most newer shock/naval players.
And good luck on killing you for that matter.
I do agree that you shouldn't "Forget" someone murdered, however for "fun" and meta-game wise, I don't agree that your AoS never goes away.
This also points to your first point, which is an opinion due to your custom job being nigh unkillable besides to an IQ or another custom, which cannot arrest anyhow.

As for your bottom part, outside of a point. I mentioned "LoS" which means line of sight. I never asked for them to just give up and turn around, but if LoS is broken then the AoS should be called off if they are not able to be found. It is NOT a get out of jail free card. Lore wise most bounty hunters can escape the galactic police force.

18 hours ago, Shawshank said:

To answer your main point here that was across two points:
I understand that dying removes the AoS.
However, you seem to underestimate the time they chase you.
I have never once seen a shock or naval give up or turn around ***After calling AoS***
There are many times that I have seen them give up on an arrest and then just ignore it, but NEVER once AoS happens.

For a point to three. This isn't a "cooldown" to ignore someone calling AoS. Or a "cooldown" to get away with murder. I'm saying that once the AoS is placed that it should expire after a reasonable level of time.

>honestly as a person with two custom jobs

Most custom jobs have either 600-1000 hp, or over 3500. There is no inbetween.
This is the main reason noone chases you on said jobs. It is not realistic to be able to arrest or capture someone with max run speed for most newer shock/naval players.
And good luck on killing you for that matter.
I do agree that you shouldn't "Forget" someone murdered, however for "fun" and meta-game wise, I don't agree that your AoS never goes away.
This also points to your first point, which is an opinion due to your custom job being nigh unkillable besides to an IQ or another custom, which cannot arrest anyhow.

As for your bottom part, outside of a point. I mentioned "LoS" which means line of sight. I never asked for them to just give up and turn around, but if LoS is broken then the AoS should be called off if they are not able to be found. It is NOT a get out of jail free card. Lore wise most bounty hunters can escape the galactic police force.

Bounty Hunters are illegal hitmen, Hence why they are arrested if they preform such action, High-Command & Select Command Members that have the permission to actually order a 'KOS' { Kill on Sight } will do so with their protective force, I.E - Royal Guard / Death Troopers. 

Bounty Hunters were used to kill their superiors to attain the possibility of reaching that rank, or killing someone who is holding information against said person. Like Sawick said, The better you are, The higher targets you can kill & get away with.

The point of Bounty Hunter is to *NOT* get caught. 

{ - Support } 

Edited by Kieran ♡

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

20 minutes ago, Kieran ♡ said:

Bounty Hunters are illegal hitmen, Hence why they are arrested if they preform such action, High-Command & Select Command Members that have the permission to actually order a 'KOS' { Kill on Sight } will do so with their protective force, I.E - Royal Guard / Death Troopers. 

Bounty Hunters were used to kill their superiors to attain the possibility of reaching that rank, or killing someone who is holding information against said person. Like Sawick said, The better you are, The higher targets you can kill & get away with.

{ - Support } 

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

2 hours ago, Kieran ♡ said:

{ - Support } 

Emperor Palpatine

| Ex. Shock Commander | Ex. Storm Trooper Captain | Ex. Nova Lieutenant-Colonel

5 hours ago, Kieran ♡ said:

{ - Support } 

Well said here. ^^^
In all honesty the point of the Hit is for a thrill or rush/chase. Personally I find the chase by Shock/Naval fun because its nerve-wracking and if/when I do get arrested; I deserved it, I killed someone. 
Most importantly: The point of Bounty Hunter is to *NOT* get caught. 
To add on to that, you should be being a bounty Hunter for RP reasons, not just go to get excused to kill someone.
In this instance I am + Supporting the section stating " Change reason for AoS (or RFA) from "Murder" or "RDM" to "Assassination" or "Hunt"  - IF the respective BH is following the SOP/MOTD and killing someone for an RP reason and not just a personal hit or a running gag.

~With Care, Seaman 
Retired Grand Moff Tarkin
 Retired Head Gamemaster

1 hour ago, Seaman said:

Well said here. ^^^
In all honesty the point of the Hit is for a thrill or rush/chase. Personally I find the chase by Shock/Naval fun because its nerve-wracking and if/when I do get arrested; I deserved it, I killed someone. 
To add on to that, you should be being a bounty Hunter for RP reasons, not just go to get excused to kill someone.
In this instance I am + Supporting the section stating " Change reason for AoS (or RFA) from "Murder" or "RDM" to "Assassination" or "Hunt"  - IF the respective BH is following the SOP/MOTD and killing someone for an RP reason and not just a personal hit or a running gag.

yes the point of a BH is not to get caught how in this post  Shawshank mentions the is rule is meant for all BH job during Prime time Hrs where the server is usually full and every one is around the map when a BH gets a hit how do they kill their target without getting caught when there are at least 4-5 random  people watching them  when those people are running around the ship or guarding a area?

On 6/19/2021 at 3:07 PM, Polarity said:

+Support

| RETIRED GENERAL OF THE IMPERIAL ARMY |
| FIRST EVER IMPERIAL GOVERNOR || Former 501st "Vader's Fist" Legion Commander || Former Senior Commander || Former SF Crimson || Former IF Agent Lone Six |
| Former Imperial RP Senior Administrator || Former Senior Forums Diplomat || Former Imperial RP Gamemaster VII || Retired 501st VCMDR |
season 1 duel of the droids GIF by Star Wars

On 6/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, Seaman said:

Well said here. ^^^

Retired Starfighter Corps Marshall

nachobanner.png.b24b3503dd6306a5c8b7b990e2289b2e.png

On 6/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, Seaman said:

Well said here. ^^^

spacer.png
  Ex. Admin | Ex. Gideon Hask

On 6/19/2021 at 3:07 PM, Polarity said:

+Support

should be for anyone not just BH tbh

Edited by Flanbro

ImperialRP

Ret. Shadow Guard V Noir Ret. SF EP GSO Ret. MC HS VCMDR Flanbro - Ret. GMVI/Mod

1136393658_image(3).png.38d29dde09c4c4b898f756b644e3377a.png 

• Manager

DENIED

We're role-playing as the Empire, if a Bounty Hunter kills an Imperial then you can expect us to not give you a grace period of where your crimes are forgotten after a certain amount of time.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*