General Suggestion: 939 and Cloaking Units

Tusk

What are you suggesting? - 939 As it is currently, cannot attack Cloaked units wither or not they are making noise. This doesn't make any sense, as cloaked or uncloaked 939 would still hear you making noise.

CURRENT MOTD FOR 939:

A keter class SCP. SCP-939 is extremely dangerous and should be contained at all times unless being tested on. It is the perfect killer as it is over 12 feet in length and has large extremities, but it has no sense of sight. It relies singularly on sound to identify its prey.

To be recontained, SCP-939 must be shot with a tranquilizer round after being lowered to 1500 health. Once struck and unconscious, 939 must remain in the place it falls asleep for 15 seconds upon regaining control of their character. During this time personnel may approach and handcuff 939. 939 can then be returned to its containment cell.

SCP-939 may attack anyone who is running, speaking, opening a door, or otherwise making noise.

An individual who is crouching while walking is not making noise, however, if they speak or fire a weapon they become an eligible target.

UPDATED MOTD

A keter class SCP. SCP-939 is extremely dangerous and should be contained at all times unless being tested on. It is the perfect killer as it is over 12 feet in length and has large extremities, but it has no sense of sight. It relies singularly on sound to identify its prey.

To be recontained, SCP-939 must be shot with a tranquilizer round after being lowered to 1500 health. Once struck and unconscious, 939 must remain in the place it falls asleep for 15 seconds upon regaining control of their character. During this time personnel may approach and handcuff 939. 939 can then be returned to its containment cell.

SCP-939 may attack anyone who is running, speaking, opening a door, or otherwise making noise.

An individual who is crouching while walking is not making noise, however, if they speak or fire a weapon they become an eligible target.

All Stealth Units under cloak must Uncloak while near 939, this mean if you are in the direct vicinity(Same Room/Hallway, you must Uncloak) of 939, you must uncloak. You may re-cloak once 939 is no longer near you.

How would this change better the server? - This would make sense from an RP standpoint, sense being Invisible doesn't prevent you from making noise.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Possible Disadvantages of this would be Stealth units being caught by CI/MTF and having thermals called on them.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 939.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

EX Nu7 WO | EX HSU Ragnarok
Retired RRH

The War Criminal

-Proud owner of a Golden Chainsaw

+Support

Makes sense in lore
I've had this idea for a suggestion before, and I don't see too much wrong with it
Possibly have a way so that MTF/CI can't call out units who are uncloaked because of 939? May be hard to implement though. 

If anything, 939 should be allowed to kill cloaked units making noise, even if they dont have to uncloak

13 hours ago, Rats said:

+Support

Makes sense in lore
I've had this idea for a suggestion before, and I don't see too much wrong with it
Possibly have a way so that MTF/CI can't call out units who are uncloaked because of 939? May be hard to implement though. 

If anything, 939 should be allowed to kill cloaked units making noise, even if they dont have to uncloak

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

On 5/15/2021 at 11:04 PM, Rats said:

+support

i would say he can just stick wherever he hears the noise. Like if he hears the door opening but nobody is there. Just spam your swep near the door and is button. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+/- because of the disadvantages

Chief is my stand point for the reason to add

Edited by Blazzy

Former CI 1st LT | Former Head Longshot | Former E4 (D4)

Former ma blazzu | Former HLPR Bot aV4

Former SCP-RP Event Team | Former SCP-RP Moderator

On 5/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, Rats said:

+Support

Makes sense in lore

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

-support I thought about this idea a while ago and it seems like it will mainly cause issues for stealth personnel getting called out in comms, I suggest something along the lines of only requiring them to uncloak if they are attempting to engage with 939 or are staying in the vicinity for a while. Especially due to 939's speed you would almost never be able to cloak if one or both of them were patrolling LCZ

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

+Support
This may be difficult to regulate appropriately from a staff level, if we're going off the uncloaking method.
An easier solution would be to click where you hear noise, or simply look for the Level text above the individual's head when they make noise.
However, the general concept makes sense in a roleplay aspect, and I believe it should be implemented.

+Support

Makes sense in lore

On 5/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, Starstep said:

+Support
This may be difficult to regulate appropriately from a staff level, if we're going off the uncloaking method.
An easier solution would be to click where you hear noise, or simply look for the Level text above the individual's head when they make noise.
However, the general concept makes sense in a roleplay aspect, and I believe it should be implemented.

36 minutes ago, Bread said:

939 should just be able to click where noise is heard. Uncloaking is too hard to regulate and can give others an excuse to spot them. 

Yea i’d see that working. It would make clear rp reason. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+/- support
I think him being allowed to kill moving cloakers is good, but having to uncloak could cause issues for them caused by other players. Like if you uncloaked near 939, and exposed yourself to a shit ton of the enemy faction. Is bad. But otherwise, yes. 

Daddy D Boi |Previously CI SGM XB1 and RAM|Formerly Agent Starboi| CCs: Frank West | Doctor Samuel Hayden | Solid Snake | CI Recon Force | Drip Hank Hill | The O7 Bois (Owner of Sunsetters)
The Femboi With The Fubar

+Support

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 8:36 PM, Bulborb said:

+Support

Makes sense in lore

• Like 1

+Support

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT