General Suggestion: SCPs that breach to surface are not allowed to enter CI base unless captured.

recon

What are you suggesting? - I suggest that SCPs that breach to surface should not be allowed to enter CI base unless being captured.

How would this change better the server? - When a SCP breaches to surface, I sometimes see them run to CI base and stay there. This makes it impossible for MTF to recontain the SCP if they run to CI base and it gives the CI a free SCP. I believe that if this rule was implemented it would encourage in more surface battles between CI and MTF to see who will get the SCP on surface. For example, if SCP 682 makes it to surface and then just runs to CI base, CI get 682 without any threat from MTF and MTF are unable to get the SCP since its in CI base. However with this change, the SCP would be running around surface and CI and MTF would be encouraged to fight for SCP 682.

TL;DR: This rule encourages more surface battles between CI and MTF and adds a extra threat factor for MTF when a SCP breaches to surface. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I don't see any.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - MTF

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Additional note: I've seen this come up twice so I guess I should add it. 2 people have asked what happens if a SCP is chasing a D class or CI back to CI base? There are 2 options to this. 1. Make CI base considered a safe area in that D class and CI can't run into CI base when being chased by a SCP. 2. allow the SCP to enter CI base to kill the person they were chasing but they have to leave after.

Edited by recon
Got a question that some people were asking.

+Support

I hate it when 939 or 682 beeline to CI base and we cant do jack about it.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

+ Support
In RP SCPs don't really know of CI or the base so it's just not far for MTF and Researchers.

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

-support

if the scp willingly gives itself up to ci pretty sure it’s fail rp

the scps should be able to go in if they see a dclass or ci (like the scps shouldn’t just be hanging out there) 

i’ve probably killed you more then once 🥶🥶

spacer.png

+Support

Kinda annoying when SCPs enter base to give themselves up, but SCPs entering trying to kill people is fine. I think the only way to fix the issue where scps enter base just to be captured is to outright ban going in the base though. (and adverting that they're on surface or outside the base or something along those lines)

I would personally +Support this. 

There are people who currently believe that SCPs can't enter to begin with, as noted in one of the warn appeals currently, but I believe placing this rule will be beneficial for MTF. CI already have the upper advantage (in my opinion) because its within their territory at surface so I don't see how this would negatively impact anyone to a high degree. 

• Like 1

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

1 hour ago, Rektify said:

There are people who currently believe that SCPs can't enter to begin with, as noted in one of the warn appeals currently, but I believe placing this rule will be beneficial for MTF. CI already have the upper advantage (in my opinion) because its within their territory at surface so I don't see how this would negatively impact anyone to a high degree. 

DHOR D;

RRH Analyst Lima-3;

Sarkic Archon General;

Former-Omicron-9 2LT Saw;

2 hours ago, Rektify said:

2 hours ago, Rektify said:

Get them out. I didn’t invite them in.

• Like 1

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

6 hours ago, Domo775 said:

-support

if the scp willingly gives itself up to ci pretty sure it’s fail rp

the scps should be able to go in if they see a dclass or ci (like the scps shouldn’t just be hanging out there) 

The thing is that is waht this suggestion is trying to say. Essentially clarifying that its failrp for scp's to freely enter ci base. 

So + support

3 hours ago, Rektify said:

Thanks for the free +support quote nerd

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+Support but SCP's should be able to go in to kill people, but shouldn't be able to linger around CI base for more than like 10 seconds, much like lingering outside a spawn area.

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

Huge +Support  was actually about to make one due to my most recent warn and I just feel like its dumb and just destroy the whole point of trying to RC 682 while he on surface cause lets say that there is DSD+ and SA on and its Code Nuke well us MTF we need to try to RC him before the nuke explode so if we have to negotiate while its a code nuke its just impossible to RC him. So I dont think ANY scp's should run to CI base
https://medal.tv/clips/51899472/d1337nA5tccG

Edited by Smoll

I'm going to -Support this.

For me, as 682. I don't run to CI Base to hang out with them, but to instead, go to the Chuckie Cheese, it's like a checkpoint. Anyone that opens the door to it or anything, I run out and kill them. It's first off, the MTFs fault for not containing 682, especially when there's more than 70+ people on the server. MTF and Scientist (I think) have a job, it's to keep the SCPs contained, and if they fail to contain an SCP that takes, lets estimate how much time...For 682, to completely escape with ALL doors closed, it can take up to and HOUR AND 20 MINUTES for 682 to escape, and dont forget how long to takes for a moderator or admin to teleport to the scp to open up doors for them. So in the end, it's the MTFs fault for not doing anything about it. Any SCP should be allowed to run to CI base, because not only that, once they're captured, there's SOCIAL INTERACTION with the CI. There is somewhat ZERO interaction with any of the MTFs because they NEVER check on the SCPs and the scientist rarely do that too. When I play 682, I don't personally get captured, it's mostly my goal to get to the CI base and live in Chuckie Cheese, not only that, it gives more of a reason for MTF to raid the base if there's suspicion that there's an SCP there. If this rule goes through, it would be sad. Because then, SCPs will literally have no where to go, no one to talk to, and no other fun place to stay. 

What you should do first is play as an SCP for a day and be in their shoes. It's boring being in the containment for ALL that time. MTF are SUPER STRONG, they even have a gun that one shots 682 instantly. So why do you think 682 players would run straight to MTF if all they do is instantly kill him. If you can be in the shoes of an SCP then you'll see what it's like to be stuck in a containment for about an hour with no one to talk to. It's pretty much afking at that point. Just please, PLEASE understand that there's way more ROLEPLAY and SOCIAL INTERACTION within the CI Base, which is why SCPs are often going there. To decrease this issue of SCPs going to CI Base, here's some ideas. 

Number 1: Have Scientist and MTFs come over and roleplay with the SCP WAY more often, even though if it's not part of the lore of the SCP to talk, there's multiple universes where they can choose to talk, so it makes sense.

Number 2: Have MTF actually do their job instead of doing nothing to actually contain them. It wouldnt be a problem with SCPs escaping if they actually did their job. So do it.

Number 3: Make it more fun for SCPs that are contained. They have literally nothing else to do but SIT in there, no one to talk to, nothing. Be in their shoes and see what it's like. I know for sure, that a lot of you know it's boring to be stuck in a containment for about 30 minutes or more. If this happens, there might be no SCPs that will have fun, and with no SCPs, there is NO SCP, just Military Roleplay.

10 minutes ago, Prince Raptor said:

For me, as 682. I don't run to CI Base to hang out with them, but to instead, go to the Chuckie Cheese, it's like a checkpoint. Anyone that opens the door to it or anything, I run out and kill them. It's first off, the MTFs fault for not containing 682, especially when there's more than 70+ people on the server. MTF and Scientist (I think) have a job, it's to keep the SCPs contained, and if they fail to contain an SCP that takes, lets estimate how much time...For 682, to completely escape with ALL doors closed, it can take up to and HOUR AND 20 MINUTES for 682 to escape, and dont forget how long to takes for a moderator or admin to teleport to the scp to open up doors for them. So in the end, it's the MTFs fault for not doing anything about it. Any SCP should be allowed to run to CI base, because not only that, once they're captured, there's SOCIAL INTERACTION with the CI. There is somewhat ZERO interaction with any of the MTFs because they NEVER check on the SCPs and the scientist rarely do that too. When I play 682, I don't personally get captured, it's mostly my goal to get to the CI base and live in Chuckie Cheese, not only that, it gives more of a reason for MTF to raid the base if there's suspicion that there's an SCP there. If this rule goes through, it would be sad. Because then, SCPs will literally have no where to go, no one to talk to, and no other fun place to stay. 

What you should do first is play as an SCP for a day and be in their shoes. It's boring being in the containment for ALL that time. MTF are SUPER STRONG, they even have a gun that one shots 682 instantly. So why do you think 682 players would run straight to MTF if all they do is instantly kill him. If you can be in the shoes of an SCP then you'll see what it's like to be stuck in a containment for about an hour with no one to talk to. It's pretty much afking at that point. Just please, PLEASE understand that there's way more ROLEPLAY and SOCIAL INTERACTION within the CI Base, which is why SCPs are often going there. To decrease this issue of SCPs going to CI Base, here's some ideas. 

Number 1: Have Scientist and MTFs come over and roleplay with the SCP WAY more often, even though if it's not part of the lore of the SCP to talk, there's multiple universes where they can choose to talk, so it makes sense.

Number 2: Have MTF actually do their job instead of doing nothing to actually contain them. It wouldnt be a problem with SCPs escaping if they actually did their job. So do it.

Number 3: Make it more fun for SCPs that are contained. They have literally nothing else to do but SIT in there, no one to talk to, nothing. Be in their shoes and see what it's like. I know for sure, that a lot of you know it's boring to be stuck in a containment for about 30 minutes or more. If this happens, there might be no SCPs that will have fun, and with no SCPs, there is NO SCP, just Military Roleplay.

Not only that, this is my 31st time escaping as 682, I keep count. I get CAPTURED A LOT! So who's fault is that really?

1 hour ago, Prince Raptor said:

Not only that, this is my 31st time escaping as 682, I keep count. I get CAPTURED A LOT! So who's fault is that really?

NOT only that ,SCPs are HUMAN out of character. For some reason, people seem to forget that. So OF COURSE, the place where there is most interaction and roleplay is at CI Base. MTF, Security, and Scientist do NOTHING with SCPs other than give them D-Class then leave. Humans irl, like social interaction, without that. They get bored. So yet again. Play as an SCP that needs to breach for the DAY AND NIGHT, and see how it feels. It's not hard to understand.

8 hours ago, Prince Raptor said:

For me, as 682. I don't run to CI Base to hang out with them, but to instead, go to the Chuckie Cheese, it's like a checkpoint. Anyone that opens the door to it or anything, I run out and kill them.

This is exactly the reason I made this post. Some people who play SCPs will run to CI base and stay there making it impossible for MTF to retrieve them. Also, making it your life's goal to get to CI base makes it hard for CI as well. This clip from smoll shows that: https://medal.tv/clips/51899472/d1337nA5tccG

In the clip you disregarded all of CI and went straight to there base. You didn't care at all that you were getting shot, you just wanted to get to CI base.

8 hours ago, Prince Raptor said:

I It's first off, the MTFs fault for not containing 682, especially when there's more than 70+ people on the server. MTF and Scientist (I think) have a job, it's to keep the SCPs contained, and if they fail to contain an SCP that takes, lets estimate how much time...For 682, to completely escape with ALL doors closed, it can take up to and HOUR AND 20 MINUTES for 682 to escape, and dont forget how long to takes for a moderator or admin to teleport to the scp to open up doors for them. So in the end, it's the MTFs fault for not doing anything about it.

A few things on this. First off, I have seen times where there will be 70+ players on but only 6 MTF. Also, moderators do not take that much time to get to you when you break a door.

9 hours ago, Prince Raptor said:

SCPs will literally have no where to go, no one to talk to, and no other fun place to stay. 

The house by the mine could be a good alternative if you want a place to just sit while your a SCP on surface.

I think your saying you want more researchers to test on you. This has nothing to do with my suggestion.

I brought this up earlier how sometimes there is 70+ players on and there can be like 5 MTF on. Also, this has nothing to do with my suggestion.

This also has nothing to do with my suggestion. If you have any ideas of how to improve SCP gameplay when they are in there CCs, make a suggestion. 

I hope this post doesn't come across as me being mean or arguing with you I just wanted to throw my opinion out there on what you said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Heart-Eyes 1

17 hours ago, Rektify said:

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

13 hours ago, Loaff said:

+Support but SCP's should be able to go in to kill people, but shouldn't be able to linger around CI base for more than like 10 seconds, much like lingering outside a spawn area.

In the clip you disregarded all of CI and went straight to there base. You didn't care at all that you were getting shot, you just wanted to get to CI base.

No, in this clip, it shows me running away from CI due to taking too much damage and looking for a place to hide. Matter as fact, this clip COMPLETELY chops off the portion where I stop a CI raid coming in from Gate A, get the full story next time. And yes, I was running to CI Base, but for the Chuckie Cheese. (Most fun place to stay in because it's the coolest place).

A few things on this. First off, I have seen times where there will be 70+ players on but only 6 MTF. Also, moderators do not take that much time to get to you when you break a door.

Moderators do take a considerable amount of time to open a gate or door whenever doors are broken down. It's not their fault, they're busy sometimes. But I'll talk about this in another suggestion, for I speak for the SCPs.

9 hours ago, recon said:

I hope this post doesn't come across as me being mean or arguing with you I just wanted to throw my opinion out there on what you said.

No no no, don't worry, I don't see you coming off as mean at all. I see where the issue is, but in my eyes, it's MTFs fault for letting 682 escape in the first place, it shouldn't be the SCPs problem.

On 5/9/2021 at 2:37 AM, Rats said:

+Support

Kinda annoying when SCPs enter base to give themselves up, but SCPs entering trying to kill people is fine. I think the only way to fix the issue where scps enter base just to be captured is to outright ban going in the base though. (and adverting that they're on surface or outside the base or something along those lines)

+Support It's getting kinda annoying tbh talking from a CI Perspective here

Edited by Alexxx

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

On 5/9/2021 at 4:15 AM, Rektify said:

MTF Epsilon-11 Commander | Event Team 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:15 PM, Rektify said:

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

-Support In my opinion this is only being suggested due to one individual who's been playing as 682 recently, hes continuously gone to CI base after breaching and in the past this has not been a issue. Id like to also note that this user has gone to CI base and killed US time and time again, don't think he just walks in a teams hes sat in our RP rooms massacring us, so it isn't a pleasant experience for CI either but I in no way would like this suggestion to pass, it ruins another RP element of surface, there's no reason SCP''s shouldn't be able to come into CI base and kill us, they can legit leave any time. 

A better work around would be rewording the situation with raiding CI when they have a SCP. 

On 5/9/2021 at 5:31 AM, Chief_ said:

The thing is that is what this suggestion is trying to say. Essentially clarifying that its failrp for scp's to freely enter ci base. 

But they should be able to freely enter CI base... it makes no sense for 682 not to be able to walk into CI base and kill them all. 

In MY OPINION if MTF/The foundation fail to contain a scp inside THEIR facility then a scp on surface has ever right to go and fuck up CI base... your restricting content for not only CI but also the SCP in question... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coltable said:

-Support In my opinion this is only being suggested due to one individual who's been playing as 682 recently, hes continuously gone to CI base after breaching and in the past this has not been a issue. Id like to also note that this user has gone to CI base and killed US time and time again, don't think he just walks in a teams hes sat in our RP rooms massacring us, so it isn't a pleasant experience for CI either but I in no way would like this suggestion to pass, it ruins another RP element of surface, there's no reason SCP''s shouldn't be able to come into CI base and kill us, they can legit leave any time. 

A better work around would be rewording the situation with raiding CI when they have a SCP. 

On 5/8/2021 at 10:31 PM, Chief_ said:

The thing is that is what this suggestion is trying to say. Essentially clarifying that its failrp for scp's to freely enter ci base. 

But they should be able to freely enter CI base... it makes no sense for 682 not to be able to walk into CI base and kill them all. 

In MY OPINION if MTF/The foundation fail to contain a scp inside THEIR facility then a scp on surface has ever right to go and fuck up CI base... your restricting content for not only CI but also the SCP in question... 

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

12 minutes ago, Coltable said:

The reason why i'm saying this is because from what mtf have told me. That htey cannot go into ci base to get himb ack or it will count as a raid. And since no negotiations were started it would be a false raid. So essentially CI usually get a free 682/etc. Whatever scp went there. THats why i said that. 

If MTF can go attempt to chase down the scp without itcounting as a raid then thats fine. But once ci have the scp in custody mtf must fall back/escape. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||