Jerry Ban Appeal- Accepted

[GL] Icy

Steam Name: jerry

Ingame Name: jerry

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:582505123

Ban Length: Permanent

Admin that Banned you: Eternity

Reason for Ban: (none given)

Dispute: one of my friends was on the server and he told me as a joke to keep joining the chat as a joke. I listened to him and I was spam joining a few times and I was randomly banned permanently. I personally havent seen any rules in the MOTD that says we cant do it. I understnad what I did was stupid and mingey but I have been playing the server for a few months and I only hope that maybe my ban can be shortened as I think PERM is way too long because I still like the server. I hope that you can see my sincereity and give me another chance as I dont want to stop playing Gaminglight

I hope Eternity sees this.

2 hours ago, Lime King said:

im ganna -Support this for now until other people give their opinion
-no reason to spam join like that
-may be seen as an attempt to crash the server (not sure tho)

I can see it being a possible way to crash the server if there are 30 bots doing it. One person is completely harmless, just because you say "there is no reason to spam join like that" it is not malicious at all, people that call admins that N word dont even get perma bans most of the time.

A perma ban makes no sense im sorry but there are such worse things that require a perma in my opinion -- please show some leaniency 

2 hours ago, Lime King said:

im ganna -Support this for now until other people give their opinion
-no reason to spam join like that
-may be seen as an attempt to crash the server (not sure tho)

@[GL] Icythis ban seems valid to me. Also with those band that you mention, it’s all staff’s discretion. I think it’s valid and you shouldn’t be spam joining the server. But like king basically covered all

Bans not band. Also, I think eternity is completely justified

FBI SAIC 

PD CPL 

Member since September of 2018

-support 

Play dumb games get dumb punishments 

• Gaminglight Love 1

Retired Great Lake Side Police Deputy Chief of Police| Reserve PD Col | Rouge 141 operative| Harry Duke Member| Previous Senior Admin| Previous US Core VCMDR/ US Drill Instructors Commander/ US Military Police Chief/ Spetnaz Reserve 1LT.

US GFH25 Delta Force Operative Chairman Designation A259 - SCO19 Chief Superintendent 

1 hour ago, Vice said:

-support 

My favorite quote: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." But the same nonetheless 

Anyway, yeah ban seems valid to me. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

29 minutes ago, Vice said:

-support 

Thats a very poor analogy as staff should still give reasonable bans even if I did do some stupid shit, it wasn't malicious -- at the very most it was just unpleasant chat flood. 

2 hours ago, ~ vσxιs ~ said:

My favorite quote: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." But the same nonetheless 

Anyway, yeah ban seems valid to me. 

I am not questioning the validity of the ban, but how extreme it is. I am just asking for leaniency

<Forum Diplomat Message>
Please Keep messages To -supports and +supports Only.
Otherwise The Topic Will be locked and SMT Will Decide.

Edited by jensonbarnes

(ImperialRP Ranks)ImperialRP EX Naval MO Lieutenant|EX Havoc 1st Lieutenant| Ex Seventh Sister
 (Divisions)ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster-retired Gamemaster Of Month For January 2021| Forums Diplomat-retired ImperialRP Senior Admin-retired

-Support
You didn't just join a bunch of times, you joined a bunch of times with racist and stupid names, which spammed the chat.

State Command | SPRT Commander | PoliceRP Super Admin SS Agent | FBI Agent | Umbrella Corp Member

You should probably not listen to your friends if they are causing you to flood chat with spam. 

I will minimise this ban to a month. Any further issue will result with a permanent ban with no appeal.

PoliceRP Manager