• Yes
    • No

• Head Admin

What is your in-game name?: Weiss

What is your steam name?: Weiss[GL]

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:39334457

What is your discord username: Weiss#1984

Do you have any other experience with staffing?:
Yes, I've staffed for some servers in the past. Garry's Mod wise I've previously staffed 
for a game community for about a year and a half. Staffing for their Gmod, Rust and Space Engineer servers. Where then the owner unexpectedly passed away in an accident resulting in the community's closure. Before this I staffed for a small mobile game community on their servers. (Mainly Blockheads, Cubic Castles, Minecraft & Ylands); Most notably managing their Minecraft server. Lastly I've hosted a small Gmod sandbox server for fun with relatively basic ULX and addons.  

What date did you start playing on the community?: 4/10/19

What date did you make your forums account?: Around May, 2019. The account was merged with my Steam one on 10/18/19 by TH3.

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank): Admin

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot): 8unknown.png

Have you donated?: Yes

What rank are you applying for?: Senior Admin

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: No.

Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): Rangiatea, Catsro, Rektify, gamikzone, Rookieblue & Phill. 

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)
With the time I've been on the server; The amount of information I've taken has accrued to a pretty decent amount. 
As stated on the staff application format; It states it expects senior admins to be able to operate independently with
limited staff assistance. I this point I think I could confidently state I'm able to meet these expectations.
Myself generally only needing higher assistance for the occasional 2nd pair of eyes on word interpretations on newer rules(Which I can then relay to other staff), very odd situations or bans/blacklists. 

Additionally while the amount of warns I have on record is certainly higher than I'd wish it to be. I believe I've moved passed that 
darker period of my life around the start of the pandemic(early-mid 2020); And since then I  have significantly stepped up my performance and activity from that slump almost a year ago. Most importantly my level of patience as can be seen by no longer accruing an embarrassing amount of NLR warns.   

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?

Generally I start off RDM sits with "Howdy, Howdy. Did you have any particular reasoning for killing ("name" or these "D-class, other gensec, etc). If I'm unable to get any sort of answer or reasonable response after attempting to converse and the evidence is clear they have been MRDMing. I may go ahead and freeze them in place or may have already done so depending on the severity of the case. (I.E There's a difference from a d-class killing AFKs from a GENSEC OFC going rouge) 

From there depending if they're being excessively loud, mic-spamming, yelling slurs, etc. Issue a gag and/or mute depending on the severity. My usual line being "Howdy. In this case you'll be receiving a warn for Mass RDM, ("Insert other warns here. I.E Player Diss, Racism). Then issuing a warn via the !warn menu. After doing so I am then required to notify them of the ban and length. My line being
"Due to receiving a warn for MRDM, Player Diss, '(Other warns if there is any)'" .  A 5 day ban will be issued or however long the other warns stack up to. I.E MRDM, Racism = 12 days
Where then the ban would be issued shortly after. 

Please pick and answer one of the questions only if applying for Senior Moderator. If applying for Admin pick two and answer them. If applying for Senior Admin you must answer all three. 

Q1: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?

At such a point it's important you take control of the conversation. 
Starting with cutting into the conversation. Generally bringing up the evidence already brought up by the parties to summarize and bring them back on topic. From my experience these types of arguments generally occur when the staff member is silent or not giving feedback. 
Most of the time when staff go over the topic the players will stop to listen. However it may be necessary to gag any players that
are becoming too unruly temporarily. I'd then go over the lines of  "Howdy, I understand you may be frustrated, however if we want to go anywhere with this we'll need to discuss things coherently. Okay?".

These two methods do the trick a good portion of the times. However in the cases they don't I'll simply have to keep them muted till they can cooperate or go into further staff action if needed. (I.E They start calling the other party slurs)

A couples tip to preventing these scenarios in the first place is to limit the amount of people in the sits. If they aren't directly involved or have evidence they wish to display. Most of the time they aren't needed there nor are staff allowed to take witnesses without proof. 
Additionally when possible I prefer to go over the sit first with the people who called it. Allowing them to present their evidence and/or reviewing relevant logs. Then bringing the accused party to hear their side, take in any evidence and/or relevant logs. 
This ensures the sit moves a bit smoother and limits the time parties are waiting for you to sift through evidence. 

Q2: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?

Generally it depends on the rules and punishments they're receiving. For the standard guidelines punishments eventually they'll receive longer jail times and eventually a ban. If they don't LTAP during the jail times. For non-standard ban times such as in instances where they're mass FailRPing, Exploiting. My response is generally to issue a day ban and refer them to a higher staff that can Blacklist if needed for an SCP.  If a staff member is a lower ULX rank or unsure I'd recommend speaking to a higher staff member to discuss the case. 

Q3: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?

If you believe they truly didn't know better (i.e Newer player), are not are repeat offender and the exploit being committed isn't particularly severe. Not trying to crash the server for example. It would be worth informing the player this is in-fact considered an exploit and completely warnable. Some players may ask where it says this on the rules; Which you could then point them to rule 10 under "General Rules,  "Do not intentionally exploit any glitches, nor use third-party programs to gain an unfair advantage."

Occasionally you may find players like those listed in question 2; Who simply don't care and/or are a repeat offender.
In that case it becomes necessary to issues a warning or if severe enough a ban.  Generally for first time bans
I go for one day. However for repeat bans; I may scale it up to a week. 

+Support 

-Trusted member of both staff and the server

-DoRS

-Always professional 

-Handles sits very efficiently 

-Always there to help other staff

-Would be able to do so much more if he got Senior Admin 

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+Support
This man has been around the staff team for a long time, and has picked up some remarkable skill for it that shows.
I see no problem with making Weiss a Senior Admin.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

2 hours ago, Loaff said:

+Support 

-DoRS

-Always professional 

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

3 hours ago, Loaff said:

+Support 

-DoRS

-Always professional 

Foundation Doctor,
FORMER E11 CPT

3 hours ago, Loaff said:

+Support 

-DoRS

-Always professional 

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

+Support
From what I have observed, Weiss is more than fit for a Senior Administrator position.
Although some of the warns may be of some concern, Weiss has proven a change from that era, becoming a more stable individual on the staff team.
Weiss is also currently a member of Site Administration, which shows a fair feat to those striving for a position of that sort; further proving my points.

Overall, I would entrust Weiss with a Senior Administrator position within the SCP-RP Staff Team.
Just don't do that bad thing anymore, pls.

2 hours ago, Starstep said:

+Support
From what I have observed, Weiss is more than fit for a Senior Administrator position.
Although some of the warns may be of some concern, Weiss has proven a change from that era, becoming a more stable individual on the staff team.
Weiss is also currently a member of Site Administration, which shows a fair feat to those striving for a position of that sort; further proving my points.

Overall, I would entrust Weiss with a Senior Administrator position within the SCP-RP Staff Team.

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

On 4/25/2021 at 2:13 PM, Starstep said:

+Support

#WeissforSA

MTF Epsilon-11 Colonel | farmer glennG-FUEL Fiend

Former Security DHOS

"I’m an early bird and a night owl. So I’m wise and have worms.”

― Michael Scott

+support

I find it hilarious that were describing weiss like weve seen him from the start and watched him grow XD. Lads been in staff longer than many on the server, hell he was HOR longer than many have ever been here.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

2 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support

I find it hilarious that were describing weiss like weve seen him from the start and watched him grow XD. Lads been in staff longer than many on the server, hell he was HOR longer than many have ever been here.

÷Support

Weiss has been around the server and staff for a long time. He has changed alot for the better and he is always helping our newer staff members when help is needed. He is involved with the Role play side of things as well being heavily involved in Site Administration. I believe Weiss will be a great fit to the Senior Admin position 👍

On 4/25/2021 at 7:49 PM, Loaff said:

+Support 

-DoRS

-Always professional 

Nova LTCOL Matrix
Retired SF Vice Marshal Matrix 1307 -- Retired ST VCMDR Matrix 6766
- Retired Admiral Matrix
ezgif-3-3d71640d537b.gif.92f66a74b1dce64d79f73e3060dab170.gif

On 4/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, Loaff said:

+Support 

-DoRS

-Always professional 

Frfr

On 4/25/2021 at 10:49 AM, Loaff said:

+Support 

-DoRS

-Always professional 

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

+ Support

Well, what can I say, Weiss has been one of the greatest supportive members that got me to where I am, being senior admin. He taught me the ropes of senior moderator and admin, getting me through some extremely tough sits and situations. This is by far one of the greatest staff members I know. I am happy to fully support him on becoming a senior admin. 

Also, why is his senior moderator forum curse still a thing.

[SCP-RP]

Current : Nothing

Ex MTF E11 1LT Slick | Senior Admin - Support I

On 4/25/2021 at 3:13 PM, Starstep said:

+Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

+Support

Weiss has been here for quite some time and, from the consistent work he's put in over the months, I think he's proven himself worthy to take up the rank of senior admin. Although he has warns from less than a year ago, he's proven that he can handle himself as an independent staff member and can take up the role of a mentor for other staff. He handles sits with efficiency and he's kept up-to-date with RP-related issues. His answers to the application's questions are on point and I see no reason why he shouldn't be moved up. Good luck. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 4/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, Starstep said:

+Support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

On 4/28/2021 at 5:30 PM, Rektify said:

+Support

Weiss has been here for quite some time and, from the consistent work he's put in over the months, I think he's proven himself worthy to take up the rank of senior admin. Although he has warns from less than a year ago, he's proven that he can handle himself as an independent staff member and can take up the role of a mentor for other staff. He handles sits with efficiency and he's kept up-to-date with RP-related issues. His answers to the application's questions are on point and I see no reason why he shouldn't be moved up. Good luck. 

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

Accepted

weiss was promoted at meeting so SMT or forrum diplomat will need to lock and move this to the correct section 

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

ACCEPTED!

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept your promotion application! Please speak to HoS+ for SCP-RP in TeamSpeak to get started!

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021