CW 2.0 Weapons - Denied

Neo G

What are you suggesting? - CW 2.0 Weapons

How would this change better the server? - In my opinion, the weapons that the server currently has is bad. CW 2.0 weapons are the best tbh, you are able to customize, you can create skins for the weapons, add attachments, increase damage, etc. Players in the server find it difficult to kill other players because they just eat bullets and do no damage whatsoever. Having CW 2.0 weapons can really change the server and players can die easily instead of eating a full mag to the face which is quite annoying for most players that play on the server.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? - I don't think there are any disadvantages using these kind of weapons.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - I have no links, but I'm sure whoever will accept it will find it easily.

Massive -Support

The reasons are generally the same every time but

- TFA is optimized and has been tweaked by us for so long that introducing a new weapon system would be an ungodly amount of work

- This server is not meant to be a primarily combat server but rather an RP server so our weapons are optimized and tweaked to that

- Dozens of change weapon pack suggestions have all been denied before

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, The Apple said:

Massive -Support

- TFA is optimized and has been tweaked by us for so long that introducing a new weapon system would be an ungodly amount of work

- This server is not meant to be a primarily combat server but rather an RP server so our weapons are optimized and tweaked to that

Plus if we did switch, EVERY branch would have to do a branch update and make rules about which weapon to use and which attachments they couldn’t use (like research for explain).

Free From GL ❤️

-Support, this would require a LOT of work to get done, cause more lag, and all we get out of it would be attachments. Honestly not even remotely worth it in my book.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support

I find CW to be very laggy on its own in sandbox.

While it is very cool, every branch would need an update and have to tell people to use this and not that.

It would end up being chaos.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

On 4/17/2021 at 1:07 PM, Phillers said:

-Support, this would require a LOT of work to get done, cause more lag, and all we get out of it would be attachments. Honestly not even remotely worth it in my book.

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

-Support

As someone that has used CW on a pvp server let me tell you that it is a great concept, but it's not that great. It causes a lot of lag, never felt very optimized, and some of the packs conflicted with each other which was very confusing from a management point of view. There's definitely some great weapons in there, but the time and effort to make it work the way GL would need it to would be significant.

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT

-Support

The hit reg on these weapons is abysmal and every server that runs this addon

lags like crazy, the updated map already has this issue and It doesnt need to get worse than it already is

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 4/17/2021 at 2:08 PM, The Apple said:

Massive -Support

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||