SCP Addition - SCP-1316 'Lucy' - Denied

NeoID

1. Name of the SCP you would like added: SCP-1316 "Lucy the Cat"

2. Link(s) to player models: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1224456258&searchtext=Cat

3. Link(s) to SWEPs: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=504963611&searchtext=Meow+Swep

4. How much health/armor do you think it should have?: 99999 Health, 0 Armor. Simply because it's no different than SCP-343 in the sense it's "immortal"

5. Why should we add this SCP? It adds a fun twist to the SCPs, in the CI side of things. Currently, there's only one SCP in-game you could consider "Thaumiel" and that's SCP-999 in the sense that it can recontain SCP-682 via tickling. CI has not nearly enough to do with SCPs, or have any that really entail them as a whole in-game. SCP-1316 is a perfectly suitable SCP to add to level this out. As it's simply a immortal cat, capible of sending radio signals to the Chaos Insurgency, regarding updates on foundation status, conversations, and so on. It's also just been a good second since an SCP has been added. Some more safe ones could be needed, as well as more hostile, and although nothing about SCP-1316 is "hostile". It's still a looming threat to foundation, even if it may be unknowingly.

6. Basic summary of the SCP: SCP-1316 is a female Felis catus, or common house cat. It exhibits no unusual behavior besides a marked friendliness to strangers. Despite having been in Foundation custody since 1948, it is physiologically identical to a three-month-old kitten, and shows no signs of aging. Upon acquisition by the Foundation, SCP-1316 was originally classified as an anomalous object. However, it was intentionally placed in the foundation, and is loved by it's staff and treated well, it's actually an Insurgents Device, actively reporting back to the Chaos Insurgency with Foundation Status, Overheard Conversations, and Updates. It would be like a second Maynard, though, it can't open restricted doors, breach SCPs, or turn off lights or anything. It's just an SCP with an Insurgency Radio Frequency.

7. Extra information: 
Spawns in Safe Class Containment in LCZ
Has CI comms
Only one job slot
I recommend Level 40+ (Or Bronze/Silver+)

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+/- Support, somewhat leaning -Support but, for this, it's liable to change. 

A few things bother me on this concept. First, the idea of another infinite hp, safe-class SCP... we have plenty of that already. If we're talking on the idea of giving CI more SCPs to work with, at the end of the day, this comes down to who has more intel on the other. CI have 2 classes that allows information gathering under a disguise: slueth and maynard. I've watched over CI and MTF comms to see what exactly happens in terms of powerplay and which side is favored in every fight depending on the information they have. To have another being that helps out CI, who I see continuously bop the foundation during active hours, just seems a bit unfair. I do not believe this will help the server, rather, it just benefits one branch that, in MY opinion, have enough power(and before someone talks about research, note my "another infinite hp, safe-class SCP" comment). 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

+/- Support leaning towards -Support

Im kind of with Rektify on this one

9 hours ago, Rektify said:

"another infinite hp, safe-class SCP"

Thats kind of what this seems like to me, but I could change this. While it gives research more test ideas and a new "maynard" it just seems like another SCP in the way of Foundation personnel during their day-to-day activities. Most Safe Class SCPs are already in the way of MTF when they are struggling to hold down the site and I honestly dont see the point of another one.

If its a new way for CI to have an edge over MTF, I can see how it works. Right now, CI can run to LCZ without being seen once until they are inside of D-Block and security has to attempt to hold them off. Only during late hours can MTF actually find out CI is raiding in time for them to hold the off. If this cat can put itself at a bridge and tell CI when MTF is coming, it just seems (Like rektify said) "Benefits one branch, that in his opinion, have enough power."

I might change my response, depending on what else is said.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

- Support
Already we have lots of safe class,  this just seems like another thing to spy for CI .

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

- support

9999999999 health, second Maynard that can report things back too CI.

Literally no counter perfect spy and another almost infinite health body blocking machine for people too get mad at.

IF this does get added Security K9's should be able too chase it around kek.

Just now, royalderg said:

- support

9999999999 health, second Maynard that can report things back too CI.

Literally no counter perfect spy and another almost infinite health body blocking machine for people too get mad at.

IF this does get added Security K9's should be able too chase it around kek.

I like that idea lmao. Willing to renegotiate the Health if needbe, I didn’t really expect that to be everyones issue with it

With Best Regards,

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

On 4/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, Rektify said:

+/- Support, somewhat leaning -Support but, for this, it's liable to change. 

A few things bother me on this concept. First, the idea of another infinite hp, safe-class SCP... we have plenty of that already. If we're talking on the idea of giving CI more SCPs to work with, at the end of the day, this comes down to who has more intel on the other. CI have 2 classes that allows information gathering under a disguise: slueth and maynard. I've watched over CI and MTF comms to see what exactly happens in terms of powerplay and which side is favored in every fight depending on the information they have. To have another being that helps out CI, who I see continuously bop the foundation during active hours, just seems a bit unfair. I do not believe this will help the server, rather, it just benefits one branch that, in MY opinion, have enough power(and before someone talks about research, note my "another infinite hp, safe-class SCP" comment). 

Same here

an infinite HP, unkillable Maynard basically?

there would have to be HEAVY rules set in place as this is quite strong

the concept is really cool, but I feel it just wouldnt fit the server from a gameplay standpoint

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

5 minutes ago, OWNED said:

Same here

an infinite HP, unkillable Maynard basically?

there would have to be HEAVY rules set in place as this is quite strong

the concept is really cool, but I feel it just wouldnt fit the server from a gameplay standpoint

It’s actually not as bad as you’d think. Take it from someone who plays Maynard. The thing that keeps Maynard so powerful is the ability to open level 4 doors/turn on&off power,teslas, and lockdown/the ability to breach SCPs. This would be capible of none of those. The only thing this SCP can do, is talk in CI comms, informing CI on conversations, or foundation status. It’s more of a beacon, than a spy when you consider that. Again, willing to negotiate on a more doable HP, it thats what makes you guys happy 😄

With Best Regards,

-support ahh yes i would love to fight a immortal Maynard that can call out where special forces and where high command/o5 are and also cant be killed like maynard and we have no way of making it stop reporting things

plus you know even 3 spy classes funny

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

Why is everyone freaking out about the HP? Are we gonna kill it 0_o, anyways I think a few cool work arounds to some of the issues could be made... 

In relation to @frog @Southpaw @Rektify @OWNED and @royalderg posts,
Something I thought that could be less op and not make the job itself the "spy" would be that sleuths them-self would need to track down and locate the "Cat" and be one who actually does the communication, they speak to the cat and the cat sends back what the Player has spoken, a way to make this less op could be simply just adding a timer in which the "Cat" can be used again, Now ill leave that down to what ya'll think that timer should be if it be 20-30 mins or Jesus even and Hour ha ha doesn't matter, because this work around solves the whole "New Maynard" situation as the cat itself is kinda just..... a cat unless a sleuth is onsite which then its Comms can be used.

Also having the Cat only use advert's would be more beneficial as it be easier to track for staff/foundation.

I kinda see this job being just a new fun job for players to play on while roaming around LCZ but one which has a unique ability when the situation best suits it.
Id like to hear what the lads who I tagged think of this work around?

Edited by Coltable
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Coltable said:

Why is everyone freaking out about the HP? Are we gonna kill it 0_o, anyways I think a few cool work arounds to some of the issues could be made... 

In relation to @frog @Southpaw @Rektify @OWNED and @royalderg posts,
Something I thought that could be less op and not make the job itself the "spy" would be that sleuths them-self would need to track down and locate the "Cat" and be one who actually does the communication, they speak to the cat and the cat sends back what the Player has spoken, a way to make this less op could be simply just adding a timer in which the "Cat" can be used again, Now ill leave that down to what ya'll think that timer should be if it be 20-30 mins or Jesus even and Hour ha ha doesn't matter, because this work around solves the whole "New Maynard" situation as the cat itself is kinda just..... a cat unless a sleuth is onsite which then its Comms can be used.

Also having the Cat only use advert's would be more beneficial as it be easier to track for staff/foundation.

I kinda see this job being just a new fun job for players to play on while roaming around LCZ but one which has a unique ability when the situation best suits it.

The HP is an issue because yes, things can body block.. This is garry's mod and a quick way to fix that is too shoot them.. Either too GET them to move (cause they don't wanna die) or too kill them and LET you move..

If you have basically infinite hp you can stand in a doorway (knowingly or unknowingly) and NEVER get moved.

Unironically I think spy jobs are boring as shit and LRP 90% of the time, and CI quite literally already has 2.

1 that is FULLY disguised till they aren't

and another that is harder too get disguised but once disguised isn't hard too report things in

Safe class SCP's are also boring because they're safe.. The MAJORITY of SCP's on the SCP wiki are safe.. That's because they're (typically) easier too write. That's because no balancing/harder thought than "Put it in a box, Feed it basic food, etc." has to be made too contain it.

When people think of the SCP foundation they think of SCP's like 173,049,106,682,3008, etc. Notice how all of these are Euclid or Keter and when people play a GAME version of the SCP foundation.. I assume a majority want too rp on their favorite SCP's or even play them and giving an ACTUAL challenge (counter play) to an SCP makes it interesting. 173 has too be looked at, 049 has to be fear rp'd, 106 has to have a femur go cronch, What does 999 have to do too be contained? /me gives candy. Making another SCP that literally doesn't have (counter play) because its the PERFECT spy is absolutely boring and overdone for reasons above and a multitude that others will probably express.

Edit: My favorite SCP was a Safe class that got terminated sooooo ye.

Edit 2: This is an interesting SCP, (But in lore Chaos Insurgency is.. TERRIBLY underwritten and edgy, sadly. I mean their name is literally Chaos Insurgency. I personally find the CI vs SCP foundation stuff some of the worst writing just because the CI is just way too stereotypically evil and the SCP foundation isn't equally evil (enough))

Edited by royalderg

32 minutes ago, royalderg said:

The HP is an issue because yes, things can body block.. This is garry's mod and a quick way to fix that is too shoot them.. Either too GET them to move (cause they don't wanna die) or too kill them and LET you move..

If you have basically infinite hp you can stand in a doorway (knowingly or unknowingly) and NEVER get moved.

Unironically I think spy jobs are boring as shit and LRP 90% of the time, and CI quite literally already has 2.

1 that is FULLY disguised till they aren't

and another that is harder too get disguised but once disguised isn't hard too report things in

Safe class SCP's are also boring because they're safe.. The MAJORITY of SCP's on the SCP wiki are safe.. That's because they're (typically) easier too write. That's because no balancing/harder thought than "Put it in a box, Feed it basic food, etc." has to be made too contain it.

When people think of the SCP foundation they think of SCP's like 173,049,106,682,3008, etc. Notice how all of these are Euclid or Keter and when people play a GAME version of the SCP foundation.. I assume a majority want too rp on their favorite SCP's or even play them and giving an ACTUAL challenge (counter play) to an SCP makes it interesting. 173 has too be looked at, 049 has to be fear rp'd, 106 has to have a femur go cronch, What does 999 have to do too be contained? /me gives candy. Making another SCP that literally doesn't have (counter play) because its the PERFECT spy is absolutely boring and overdone for reasons above and a multitude that others will probably express.

Edit: My favorite SCP was a Safe class that got terminated sooooo ye.

Edit 2: This is an interesting SCP, (But in lore Chaos Insurgency is.. TERRIBLY underwritten and edgy, sadly. I mean their name is literally Chaos Insurgency. I personally find the CI vs SCP foundation stuff some of the worst writing just because the CI is just way too stereotypically evil and the SCP foundation isn't equally evil (enough))

This went, entirely off topic like 6 times my guy. Suggest changes, state opinions that are relevant. Point of suggestions is to be underwritten, and, if reasonable. Be rewritten to meet a compromise. Like what Colt just did as a wonderful example. Whether Spy Jobs are fun or boring doesn’t matter to this suggestion, plus is an irrelevant opinion. Many others find Sleuth entirely enjoyable. Not to mention last I checked, you never joined R&D, or Sleuth as it is today. Point being, relax man. Seems like your more attacking then stating.

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,

16 minutes ago, NeoID said:

This went, entirely off topic like 6 times my guy. Suggest changes, state opinions that are relevant. Point of suggestions is to be underwritten, and, if reasonable. Be rewritten to meet a compromise. Like what Colt just did as a wonderful example. Whether Spy Jobs are fun or boring doesn’t matter to this suggestion, plus is an irrelevant opinion. Many others find Sleuth entirely enjoyable. Not to mention last I checked, you never joined R&D, or Sleuth as it is today. Point being, relax man. Seems like your more attacking then stating.

Text has no tone so lol no, you're getting the wrong impression maybe cause bias? But if you don't like my opinion you can just say that.. I thought discourse was ok for suggestions? Especially when its related too the whole suggestion itself? Also I can have an opinion of something without being apart of that thing? So that seems kinda irrelevant gamer.

Also " Whether Spy Jobs are fun or boring doesn’t matter to this suggestion plus is an irrelevant opinion." You're quite literally suggesting a spy job.. and isn't fun part of the game/server? So that seems pretty relevant too the discussion my dude. Also yes the fun of stuff is irrelevant mmhn yes or the opinion isn't relevant cause you disagree either way, wew lad.

I mean you can not like what I say but I think its perfectly reasonable for me too respond to something I was @'d in with my opinion on stuff. Since that's the reason these forums exist. But ye good memes.

Edited by royalderg

1 minute ago, royalderg said:

Text has no tone so lol no, you're getting the wrong impression maybe cause bias? But if you don't like my opinion you can just say that.. I thought discourse was ok for suggestions? Especially when its related too the whole suggestion itself? Also I can have an opinion of something without being apart of that thing? So that seems kinda irrelevant gamer.

Not here to argue. Simply stating that some points you had made didn’t revolve around this suggestion. Last I’m saying. Take it as you will.

• Like 1

With Best Regards,

10 hours ago, Coltable said:

Brother Coltable, I see where you're coming from this. Now, in summary, you're suggesting it will take Slueth to find the cat and take whatever information it has gathered and add a timer so it can better enhance the diversity and fairness. That sounds alright but I would like for it to work against the CI too, make it a risk depending on that certain player on SCP 1316. If the Slueth decides to take the information, the cat's location and intel must be pinged to the foundation and they will know CI personnel are in the facility. This makes it a risky for Slueth on their operation and adds a bit of ✨ F L A V O R ✨
My other issue is the idea of another invincible SCP that just roams around but I can make an exception for this one. I don't mind trying it if my idea is pitched in.

-Rekti-High

• Thanks 1

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

Coltable's suggestion of changing it so sleuths have to track the SCP down while more acceptable still, in my opinion, doesn't really address the core issue of it being a invincible CI Spy that spawns inside the foundation

-Support

On 4/18/2021 at 11:28 AM, Rektify said:

That sounds alright but I would like for it to work against the CI too, make it a risk depending on that certain player on SCP 1316. If the Slueth decides to take the information, the cat's location and intel must be pinged to the foundation and they will know CI personnel are in the facility.

I still don't think the SCP is a good idea however if it would be implemented into the server then I think this is a good way of doing it. Gives more incentive for a sleuth to be actively getting themselves into "danger" and pose a risk for sleuth unlike normal sleuth operations. Again, I don't think it should be added but if it does, then that would be a better idea than both of the proposed ideas

Current:           Retired
Ex:                    CI PD || CI RnD SR BIO IOI || SCP-RP Event Team || E11 Major || Administrator