Buck Forrums diplomat app

Its Buck

In-Game Name: Buck

Steam Name: [GL] Bacon/Buck

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:570251076

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? I am a moderator on imperialRP and have Head of staff (emoo) permission to apply 

How often are you online on the forums? I am active on the forrums daily and check them about once every 30 minutes to see if there is any new topics I can reply to

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?

I believe I’m qualified to be a forrum diplomat because I am active on the forrums daily and frequently check for any new post and responses to old post to see what the thread is looking like. Furthermore I have knowledge as to when a situation needs to be defused rather than letting it play out. I have a good reputation amongst the community and check each servers forrums (PoliceRP, SCP-RP, ImperialRP) providing a +\- support on staff apps, player reports, and ban appeals.  I also always look for areas of improvement in my own work as well as attempt to help others in their work to the  best of my ability,  I am always open to learning new things and listening to others.  I also have a good understanding as to how commands work and how to utilize features like the hide topic, and lock topic feature. I believe that for the reasons stated above I could prove to be an ideal forrums diplomat member.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a  difficult decision?

I would consider myself to have good judgement skills as I am a captain on my schools football team and  I have been staff across gaminglight for almost 6 months now. One experience I’ve had where I have had to use my judgment skills was back in October/November with one of my friends in Naval. He was a great guy and would always do really well. He was a security overseer  And SubLt. He was well known around the server and I saw him as a friend. One day me and a group of naval were up on bridge with him, a little after a event had ended he said something racist that took everyone by suprise. Nobody had expected to hear something like that from him. In the moment I had to assess the situation at hand and make a difficult decision between giving a blind eye and enforcing the rules for the better of the community. After about 2 minutes of contemplating I came to the decision that I had to warn him and ban him despite him being a friend and what most saw as a good person. I brought him to a sit and told him that I would have to warn and ban him for what he said. It hurt me to do but it was the necessary  action. After I filled out the warn and ban, others came forward with their own experiences of him saying similar comments towards them. Given that situation my judgement skills allowed me to make the server a better place.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

Once the report comes in I would claim it and mark it as under review. Once done claiming,

I would first assess the situation to first see, what things were said, and where they were said to be able to get more context on the situation as well as hide the spam. I would then place the reported players content under moderation so anything they post will not be made public until, myself, another forrum diplomat, or SMT see it fit to post.

I would then send a private meaaage showing the correct section with format to make an appeal.

I would then determine whether the reported users spam was enough to constitute a warning.  If I believe a warning is appropriate I would inform the head diplomat via either discord or TeamSpeak. I will then make a comment as to what actions have been taken, what post have been hidden and if a verbal or formal warning was implemented.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal? 

To start I would assess the topic and it’s comments to determine whether a lock to the topic was in order or simply a reminder to keep the thread to a +\- support only. If the situation was bad enough I would lock the topic to ensure that the argument could not continue amongst the two, I would then Hide the arguments using the hide feature aswell as hide the full topic. I would then send both users a private message asking for each of them to avoid arguing as it has a negative out look on the community. 

edit: forgot steamID

Edited by [GL] Bacon/Buck
Forgot steam ID

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

- Support

- I feel you are not fit for forum diplomat

- Could improve on general staff skill before making further steps into the team

| Imperial Governor of Lothal and Tatooine |

"If you don’t take risks, you can’t create a future." - Monkey D. Luffy

On 3/22/2021 at 7:07 PM, Blizzard said:

- Support

- I feel you are not fit for forum diplomat

- Could improve on general staff skill before making further steps into the team

Former D5 VCMDR Travar | Former Event Team Leader ||  Former Admin || Former Nu7 HSU Commissar Requiem || Former RRH 

-support
Not really that fit for a forums diplomat
not the best activity

(ImperialRP Ranks)ImperialRP EX Naval MO Lieutenant|EX Havoc 1st Lieutenant| Ex Seventh Sister
 (Divisions)ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster-retired Gamemaster Of Month For January 2021| Forums Diplomat-retired ImperialRP Senior Admin-retired

• 2 weeks later...

Application Denied

Thank you for your application to the Forum Diplomats, but unfortunately your application has been denied. You are welcome to reapply to the Forum Diplomat Corps during our next application cycle.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021