Milford's Senior Gamemaster Application

milford

Given the application do you think I would make a good Senior GM?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes.
    • No.

In-game name: Milford

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:59351617

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP: 501st Senior Commander

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

How long have you been Gamemaster: Everyday since 1/3/21

Have you received any strikes (please give reasons if applicable): I have been given zero strikes on GM, Staff, and my RP life.

How much time do you have on the server?: Currently 7 weeks. With roughly 1,306 hours.

How well do you know the LORE? I would say I am pretty familiar. I’ve watched most shows/movies. But haven’t gotten too in depth with the comics, something I plan on doing soon. 

Why do you WANT to become a Senior Gamemaster?: I feel I bring a lot to the table, as a GM X I know I always do my best to better the GM team as well as strengthen the current members and help grow their understanding of what it means to be a Gamemaster. There’s a lot of technical things and little tips and tricks that, once mastered, completely change how you approach situations. Within my time of being a GM I’ve made it my personal mission to try to teach and spread that knowledge among others in the GM community, while trying to remain approachable if anyone ever needs help. This includes monitoring all GMs and showing them exactly what we’re about.The main reason I wanted to apply is because I know, if given the responsibility that comes with Senior, that I will uphold the values and guidelines of the GM community to the best of my ability and serve with pride.

Another key incentive that drives me to apply for this position is to take some of the stress off of the Head GM, Emily. She does a lot behind the scenes, and has many things on her plate that most outside this group know about. I want to assist her and be able to share that workload, while taking initiative and further developing the GM team. Further, I have already taken the liberty of revising our new guideline documents; this is critical as the documents have had several key factors added and needed to be reformatted. This is only one example of the many things I plan to do as Senior Gamemaster. 

Most importantly, as a Senior GM, I aspire to work toward creating the Star Wars experience we all came here for. As GamingLight ImperialRP is a serious RP server, it is our Gamemaster’s job to provide that said experience to the players. I feel that the current GM team is lacking some qualities that I strongly feel I can contribute. One of the biggest compliments I’ve gotten is that my SIMs or Events recreate the feeling as if you’re actually on another planet or battlefield when in reality you’re only in a hangar bay or Turbolasers (as shown in images below). This is probably one of if not the greatest compliment I’ve received since when I became a Gamemaster I strived towards building. 

Lastly, I simply want this because of all the hard work and dedication I’ve shown to not only the GM team but Gaminglight as a whole. I’ve proven myself to multiple members as well as Staff/GMs that I know what I’m doing and am willing to go above and beyond what is expected to make sure that the product I produce is well over adequate.

Why should you be trusted to be a Senior Game Master?: I know I should be trusted for many reasons, I’ve shown I’m trusted with my multiple roles throughout the community. As Staff I show that I’m capable of upholding the rules. As Support I show how to be patient and how to help others. Plus in my Senior Commander life, showing that I can handle having multiple responsibilities and yet stay motivated to fulfill them all. I work hard and am dedicated to growing as not only a player but a leader.

Further, my nearly 10k hours in building lend strongly to why I should be trusted in this position. I’ve almost perfected the art of building in GMod, and this is one of the biggest assets I bring to the team. I’ve shown time and time again that I’m capable of building something that completely changes the feel of a room. I also am great at being able to adapt, which is important since as a Gamemaster ninety percent of the time things will not go as planned. Being able to improvise as well as change up the plan, thinking on the fly. It’s our job to work with the players we got, if there is a lot of a single battalion, it’s best to work with them, including them. Giving everyone something to do. Which is another issue I commonly see within the GM team. People will cater events to a specific battalion instead of spreading it evenly between all. It doesn’t take a lot, but something as simple as PassiveRP can change someone’s view on an event leaving them with a positive experience. 

I strongly feel that I am becoming more trusted in the community, especially since taking up these roles and doing my job when given said responsibilities. I have not received any warnings or strikes and have received a GM/Staff of the month award twice at the time of this writing. I am capable and ready to hold this rank, and strongly feel that I can in fact be trusted. 

Have you mastered ULX?: Yes. With almost 10,000 hours on Garry’s Mod would say I’ve mastered it.

Are you experienced with planning Mega Events?: Yes, there have been multiple times where I’ve helped and assisted in either the creation of a Mega Event or editing the document. As Senior I plan on being involved in as many Mega Events, storyline events as I can. I know when we were asked to help with the 8th anniversary I didn’t even hesitate to get added and made sure that things were run smoothly.

Give an example of a mega event:  I’ve had a few ideas of Mega events. Mega events are events that take place over at least two different settings. One idea I have involved an infiltration within the Death Star, this would mainly be drivin passively at first while there would be spies disguised as Gunnery Officers, to avoid any lag I would only send Special forces to the DS-01 to check it out. Once they find the imposters they would interrogate them which would then lead to information being revealed of an outpost on Hoth (rp_hoth_v1). This isn’t like any normal outpost as it is being operated and led by Rebel Admiral Philip and his newly created droid army. Once Philip was captured and the base destroyed we would then move back onto the ISD to further investigate Philip and his sinister plans. Since he was the one to plant the imposters on the Death Star he would then reveal his bigger plan which is to create a weapon similar to the Death Star with the sole purpose of being a new Anti-ISD weapon. This could be a turning point in the war as it would majorly assist the Rebels giving them an extra edge. After the plans were found out they would then go to the main Rebel Outpost on rp_wasteland. The Empire's goal there would be to destroy and steal back any information the imposters sent and eliminate the Commanding Officers of that Rebelion group. Of course that is just the bare bones of a Mega Event and would most likely stray from the original plan and be adapted to however the RP managed to go. 

How active can you be: I am active all day every day. As shown on my BattleMetrics.

Examples of my builds are attached in screenshots below:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Retired General | Resigned Assistant Head-Gamemaster & ImperialRP Super Admin 

GM of the month February 2021 / Staff of the month March 2021

+Support

Active

Mature

Great Builds
Does Amazing Events that don't cause too much lag, and is fun for everyone.

Great Application

Good Luck Milford!

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

6 hours ago, Killer. said:

+Support

Active

Mature

Great Builds

Great Application

Good Luck Milford!

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
sasuke GIF

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

I have been a part of this community for about 2-3 months now. From day one, Milford impressed me with his confidence, can-do attitude, and professionalism.

While he and I are constantly interacting in the 501st, I also interact with him as both a GM and as a Moderator. He is extremely passionate about his staff roles, and gives them his best. To give you some idea of just how passionate he is, look how many sits he took in February alone (a short month, at that).

image.png.37d6f6925e39d77d3085858be9dcf3d5.png

This man, while also providing a great RP experience for his unit, the 501st, also managed to take nearly 600 SITs last month. Perhaps what is more impressive are the hours he has dedicated to building things in GMod - about 10,000 hours of game time worth. 

Some of you on staff also know I just received GM of the Month for March 2021. But I would never have made it there or had the interest in GM were it not for Milford, who taught me much of what he knows. It is because of his mentoring that I have come as far I as have in this community.

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

He is a MASTER BUILDER...

...and I cant imagine a person better suited for this job!

Good luck Milford!

ISB Director Orson Krennic
Imperial RP JMT | Head Gamemaster | Super Admin

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tqzphujjgqzjgbikpz

12 minutes ago, M A N D O said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

I have been a part of this community for about 2-3 months now. From day one, Milford impressed me with his confidence, can-do attitude, and professionalism.

While he and I are constantly interacting in the 501st, I also interact with him as both a GM and as a Moderator. He is extremely passionate about his staff roles, and gives them his best. To give you some idea of just how passionate he is, look how many sits he took in February alone (a short month, at that).

This man, while also providing a great RP experience for his unit, the 501st, also managed to take nearly 600 SITs last month. Perhaps what is more impressive are the hours he has dedicated to building things in GMod - about 10,000 hours of game time worth. 

Some of you on staff also know I just received GM of the Month for March 2021. But I would never have made it there or had the interest in GM were it not for Milford, who taught me much of what he knows. It is because of his mentoring that I have come as far I as have in this community.

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

Good luck Milford!

i like milford 

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟

8 hours ago, Killer. said:

+Support

Active

Mature

Great Builds

Great Application

Good Luck Milford!

Cat GIF

Stamped by Deaky

21 hours ago, Killer. said:

+Support

Active

Mature

Great Builds

Great Application

Good Luck Milford!

Swag!

[𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏] (Former) 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 | (Former) 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 | (Former) 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐞𝐩. 𝟐𝟔𝐭𝐡 - 𝐅𝐞𝐛. 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡
🅼🅸🅲🅺🅴🆈

14 hours ago, M A N D O said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

Good luck Milford!

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

On 3/6/2021 at 6:51 AM, M A N D O said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

Good luck Milford!

501st Vice Commander IC SSE SGT

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.cc4adb98004435283118aa4359b4e6e6.gif

• Head of Staff
On 3/6/2021 at 1:28 AM, Killer. said:

+Support

Active

Mature

Great Builds

Great Application

Good Luck Milford!

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

On 3/6/2021 at 7:28 AM, Killer. said:

+Support

Active

Mature

Great Builds

Great Application

Good Luck Milford!

| EX Army HC for Imperial | EX DT SNR CMDR |  EX IC VCMDR SEV|
| EX Imperial Head Admin  | 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 |

On 3/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, M A N D O said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

Good luck Milford!

Vice Admiral | Senior Admin | Forum Diplomat | Support Staff

Staff of the Month July 2021

+ Support

- Has not so much for the GM team since becoming a V+

- Great guy and respected within the community

- Extremely active within GM's

Really deserves the position in my eyes

• Like 1

| Imperial Governor of Lothal and Tatooine |

"If you don’t take risks, you can’t create a future." - Monkey D. Luffy

On 3/6/2021 at 9:51 AM, M A N D O said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

Good luck Milford!

Good Luck!

MO Lieutenant Chaos

"Only the purest chaos for the purest people!"

On 3/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, M A N D O said:

MASSIVE +SUPPORT

So, to recap. 

He is a MENTOR...

He is PROFESSIONAL...

Good luck Milford!