Map Idea: Improved Brig [Accepted] [Completed]

TailoredBadger

Is this a good idea?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

What would you like to see:
I would like to see an improved brig, and although an increase in size and whatnot would be brilliant, there are two main improvements that I would like to see;
1) Making the cell doors see-through, like with glass or lasers.
2) Making the button to open each cell right next to the cell itself instead of in a central terminal like it is now.

In addition to this, I propose some secondary, less essential improvements but these ones are more of a polite request and I don't want to further pressure SMT.
1) The ability to lock down brig or lock the entrance to brig.
2) Just some wider corridors, currently the cell block is only able to fit one person, widening the cell block corridor would mean better means of access.
Pictures below from a CWRP map will hopefully show this a bit better, I can provide other screenshots from other ImperialRP and CloneWarsRP maps but this map best shows what I'm trying to suggest.

image.thumb.png.6225c6d7e7900180091616dbe7fa4375.png

^ In this photo, you can see a wide corridor of cells each with a see-through cell door and a release button next to it.

image.thumb.png.9719372f164ec8aed83d70103a468296.png

^ In this photo, you can see a close-up shot of a singular brig cell, with the button for release on the right and the ability to see the inhabitants of the cell.

image.thumb.png.4feec9d8c562dad427a6fd8284bd3d9c.png

^ The front of a brig; with lockdown controls to control who goes in and out and an "airlock system" just in case a prisoner makes a break for freedom.

How would it help the server and/or the player base:
Each of these ways it would help the server are in reference to the improvements suggested above and correspond to their numbers and sections.

For the Main Improvements:

1) The inclusion of see-through cell doors would mean that you could easily tell who is in each instead of guessing the prisoner's cell through listening for their voice, which is what Shock has to do right now.

2) The inclusion of individual buttons next to each cell would mean that even an inexperienced Shock could easily release the right prisoner, instead of being forced to coordinate with another player just in case a minge is released.

For the Secondary Improvements

1) The ability to lock down brig, or at least to lock the cell block, would help the server as, in case of a high-value target being interrogated and held there it needs to be defended, or an influx or minges who have been glitching their way out of cells and a last line of defense is needed.

2) Wider corridors of brig would simply make it easier for Shock to traverse the Brig and perform their roles well.

Do you think this suggestion will help the server as a whole: 
Yes as the brig is a key part of the Ship, and without it, the ship wouldn't be truly whole, or if not beneficial to the whole server, it would benefit Shock greatly for having a better place to perform their roles.

Edited by TailoredBadger
Bruh I forgot to finish the ending cause I'm an idiot.
  • Like 1

General

Former Grand General Former Medical Commander (and avid tea drinker)
"Badger. You have forsaken me to no Sleep you Medically Certified Bastard."

+Support
-Reasons stated in post. 

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

• Manager
2 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support
-Reasons stated in post. 

Would love to see a bigger brig and see ray shields as cell doors.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

2 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support
-Reasons stated in post. 

They be lookin fire 😍

𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒮𝒞𝒫-𝑅𝒫 𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒯𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝐿𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇
𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒾𝒶𝓁-𝑅𝒫 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 / 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎 - 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝒜𝓊𝑔𝓊𝓈𝓉
𝐻𝒶𝓋𝑜𝒸 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝑜𝓂𝓂𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇 / 𝟨𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 - 𝟤𝟫𝓉𝒽 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓎
𝐸𝓍-𝒵𝑒𝓊𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓊𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒶𝒹𝓂𝒾𝓃 / 𝑅𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑜𝓈 𝐼𝓃𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓃𝒸𝓎 𝒞𝑜𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓁

• Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! Please allow up to a week for this suggestion to be successfully implemented into the server.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

• Gaminglight Love 1

• 7 months later...