Removal of the rep system- Denied

Some Weeb

Honestly i don't see a point to the rep system other than a way to be a dick head on the forums 

I am fine with reactions but is rep point really necessary...

• Dislike 2

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support
I believe the reputation system is a good way to express your opinion, Whether you agree with someone, or dislike something they're standing with, I feel like people getting mad because of a dislike, is an overreaction, as it's an alternative way to show your side/opinion on a situation. + Reputation Points show a sign of Seniority, or just how reputable a person is

🇸🇦

Edited by TAlila | Tay Keith!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

36 minutes ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support
I believe the reputation system is a good way to express your opinion, Whether you agree with someone, or dislike something they're standing with, I feel like people getting mad because of a dislike, is an overreaction, as it's an alternative way to show your side/opinion on a situation. + Reputation Points show a sign of Seniority, or just how reputable a person is

🇸🇦

I agree and thank you 

however I'd like to state this suggestion is to not remove reactions but to take the reputation scores away. 

mainly cause i feel people use it against others. 

Edited by Dragin

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

-Support

It’s a good way to present your dislikes on a particular subject and if someone is clearly on the forums to troll or post something stupid, they get a dislike which is mentioned on the profile so next time, others looking at their post or profile understand that they may have done something wrong. If there is abuse of the rep system, just report it to the forums diplomats.

• Gaminglight Love 1

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

2 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

It’s a good way to present your dislikes on a particular subject and if someone is clearly on the forums to troll or post something stupid, they get a dislike which is mentioned on the profile so next time, others looking at their post or profile understand that they may have done something wrong. If there is abuse of the rep system, just report it to the forums diplomats.

Thank you. But that's the point i feel dislike should be viewed as like how other think your topic will go not if you have done something wrong or everyone hates you. 

but thanks anyway! 

Have a good day

5 hours ago, Phil said:

who is really out here bragging that they have more rep on the forums than others? pretty silly thing to be worried or upset about of all things

-support

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

9 hours ago, Phil said:

who is really out here bragging that they have more rep on the forums than others? pretty silly thing to be worried or upset about of all things

-support

not what I am saying... at all...

- Support
It spices up the site and makes it a bit more unique over the default forums where its just PFP and your name.

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Yato Sensei said:

- Support
It spices up the site and makes it a bit more unique over the default forums where its just PFP and your name.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:20 AM, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

On 2/5/2021 at 10:36 AM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

🇸🇦

Why are you trying to remove this? I've never seen someone brag or use the rep card to better themselves on a post. 

• Like 1

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟

On 2/5/2021 at 11:36 AM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

-Support

🇸🇦

I agree with this, many people do over react about rep, personally I do not are. I find it a great way to see "Oh hey, this guy has -20 rep what stupid shit did they post?".

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

• Owner

Denied

First of all, I would like to thank you for your suggestion! Our community truly runs off of suggestions and it is much appreciated. For the reasons stated above this suggestion has been denied because we do not believe that it will benefit the community or can have foreseeable related issues.