Why Maintenance Should have less "Self Defense' Limits

[Triggred]Perisnot

Hello my name is Clawz, at the time of making this i am a MA. I know this will be declined but that's not the point, the point is to let command know how us maintenance feel and why maintenance is mostly inactive and tired of the nonsense rules. One of the things that troubles me as being Maintenance is the Self Defense Rules.. Sure, we are level 1-2 personell with low clearance and " non-Combatant" i get it.. however there is many problems with the non-combanatant quota and here is why--- If 1 Singular D Class is Threatening you with a gun and you try and kill them because its technically self-defense.. Command will Complain and Strike you because you're " Non-Combatant " until they start shooting bullets into your skull, by that time your dead and have to wait for NLR which is 2 minutes.. so then you walk back to the area on a defcon 4 and oh guess what? now hes there again and keeps killing you while threatening you but you cant do nothing because you're " non-Combatant." Another Example of something is, if you're in the incinerator room and you have 3 bags out and some random mingey d class comes and destroys your bags that you spent 10 minutes collecting then guess what.. you cant kill them for breaking your shit, So then Maintenance people get frustrated and flag off the job or maybe dont even come back on because of these stupid self defense rules. If there was less of a limit i think protecting your trash bags should be called "D.Y.G" Defend Your Garbage, Automatically you can kill any d class that is around your garbage and threatening you or breaks it, This protocol could only be activated during Defcon 3 or below.. and for the other problem with D Class threatening you.. i believe you should be able to defend yourself only during defcon 3 and below and if its defcon 4 or 5 then you're back to non-combative to be fair. Like i said i know this will be declined but i want you to stop and discuss ways to make maintenance feel more important and maybe more people will flag on if these rules weren't so damn tight, Y'Know? 

Edited by [Triggred]Perisnot

@[Triggred]Perisnot this is more of a server suggestion so I would move this to the suggestions part of the forums. Next I feel your pain. I remember when anyone could kill anyone when needed back when technical could yeet D-class and CI with the sledgehammer. I honestly miss those days, espacially after how confusing it is now. But you also have to see how unfair it would be to D-class mostly, to CI it wouldn't really matter, for them to escape D-block and security and meet a guy with a hammer and yeet him across the facility. That's why the shoot if shot at rule is in place, it makes it more fare as some D-class don't mess with with Utility. I do like the DYG thing, I feel that should be in place in general, no matter the branch. *EXAMPLE* Saying a MTF purposely shoots someone's garbage then said Utility member has the power to shoot said member of MTF, as well report it to CMD. Usually, and hopefully, that doesn't happen but I feel this should be a server rule, I would understand it would be hard to enforce unless there is video evidence but it is ruining the branch.

• Like 1

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

26 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

@[Triggred]Perisnot this is more of a server suggestion so I would move this to the suggestions part of the forums. Next I feel your pain. I remember when anyone could kill anyone when needed back when technical could yeet D-class and CI with the sledgehammer. I honestly miss those days, espacially after how confusing it is now. But you also have to see how unfair it would be to D-class mostly, to CI it wouldn't really matter, for them to escape D-block and security and meet a guy with a hammer and yeet him across the facility. That's why the shoot if shot at rule is in place, it makes it more fare as some D-class don't mess with with Utility. I do like the DYG thing, I feel that should be in place in general, no matter the branch. *EXAMPLE* Saying a MTF purposely shoots someone's garbage then said Utility member has the power to shoot said member of MTF, as well report it to CMD. Usually, and hopefully, that doesn't happen but I feel this should be a server rule, I would understand it would be hard to enforce unless there is video evidence but it is ruining the branch.

I get it someone is pointing a gun at you. +For them being able to attack when verbally/typing as in threatening you. -For being able to shoot D-Class with guns out.  +for DYG but need VIDEO proof of a incident. Also this is more of a server suggestion.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

This will eventually have to go into Suggestions because of how the MOTD is written. However, before we can get to that point, we would need to decide exactly which elements to change as a blanket rule will not have the effect you're looking for.

Pills gave us a good start and we can continue our discussion on this thread before ultimately deciding what to put before SMT. We can come together before this week's meeting is that's alright with you?

• 1 month later...

Resolved.

Site Administration discussed this issue and resolved the following:

"Defend your Garbage" has been determined to be within the allowed rules for non-combatants as per the MOTD! "Under the non-combatant section: D-Class that interfere with Site operations and are armed may be killed as long as it doesn't violate FearRP." Garbage bags being damaged or destroyed is officially considered interference with Site Operations. ~ O5-9

Per further comment from Igneous, further issues should be discussed up the chain of command to be brought to Site Administration for discussion and resolutions brought to SMT.

If further issues arise, please speak to a member of command.

• Squash locked this topic