Should I become Admin?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become Admin?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Alex Raddish

What is your steam name?: [GL] Alex Raddish

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:85663951

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I have been T-Mod, Mod and Senior Mod twice on PoliceRP, as well as a moderator on [Public] DarkRP, and a moderator on ThatDarkRP Server

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) January 2018

What date did you make your forums account? April 3rd 2020

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Senior Moderator

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 16 https://imgur.com/a/QqvRTTm

Have you donated? Yes 241 USD

What rank are you applying for? Admin

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? No

Have you read the staff guidelines? Yes

Timezone: EST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): I have permission from Matthew, Eternity, Snar, Jimmy James, MiKeY and Max Holland

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank?
Since I joined Gaminglight my only goal has been to benefit the community and contribute what I can to its success. I fixed my reputation and changed as a player, and began to help out where I could. I joined the staff team, and slowly rose my way to Senior Moderator. Joined the PoliceRP Event Team to help boost the servers player count. I joined Support to welcome new players into the community and make sure they received a warm welcome. Unfortunately, I had to leave the community for a couple of months due to personal issues. Once I returned, I reapplied for staff, re-Joined FBI, and rose through the ranks to become Deputy Chief of Staff, became Co-Commander in HRT; and re-achieved the rank of Senior Moderator, as well as support. I have been in the community for a long time, and in that time I've witnessed a lot of change. But what hasn't changed is my dedication and love for the community. All I've ever wanted is to help out, wherever I can. Any little thing I can possibly chip in I've always done. I have watched players like myself grow from minges with horrible reputations, to staff members and command members. I believe that through my time on GamingLight, I've proven my character and shown just what I can accomplish for the community.

To begin I would like to talk about my experience. I have applied for Trial Moderator three times before. The first time I ever applied I was denied, but thankfully with some encouragement from a good friend, I decided to reapply. I was accepted and spent my first week as a staff member working my ass off to get as many sits as I could. I went through the Trial Moderator phase, and was promoted to Moderator. Over the next month or so being a Moderator I began to better my understanding of what it means to be a staff member. I spent this month improving and mastering my grasp of the server's rules and the MOTD as a whole. At this time, I also applied for the Event Team, and the Support team. I was graciously accepted into both. I grew as an individual in my ability to contribute to the community as a whole, whether it be holding fun events to benefit the players, or greeting new players in TeamSpeak and welcoming them to the community. I spent around two weeks at this point, trying to host as many events as I could, greet and welcome as many new players as I could; and handle as many in-game sits as I could. This accomplished my promotion to Senior Moderator.  I continued my activities in the community until some personal issues came up. I sadly had to resign from all my positions and take a 2 month hiatus from the community. Once I returned, I went to staff interviews. I was accepted and went through the gauntlet once more, Trial-Mod, Mod, Senior Mod, Support, Event Team, FBI, SRT, Command, ect. All in all, I believe my long list of experiences throughout GamingLight prove what kind of individual I am, and the knowledge and experience I hold in being not only a staff member, but a player too.

Second of all I would like to raise my dedication to the community. As stated previously I have always tried my hardest to do, or be whatever I can possibly be to help and contribute to GamingLight's success. Irrelevantly, I've even gone so far as to purchase a GamingLight banner (which was 10x the size I thought it would be and takes up an entire wall in my room). All I've ever wanted, after repairing my reputation, was to simply help. out. I have put over 2700 hours alone into PoliceRP. Not counting the hours I've spent interacting with players on the forums, creating content to help promote the server, taking Support sits; or even just chatting in TeamSpeak. With over 1000 posts on the forums and 110 reputation, I believe this shows just how dedicated I am in terms of interaction and commitment to the community. I know that I do not get crazy high sit counts every week. I try and scrape what I can. I do not see staff as the type of thing where I sit on it 24/7. I see it as a badge of dedication to hop on and help out when need be. If one staff member gets 100 sits, thats 3 staff member's week's worth of sits. I do not care how many sits I get because it is not the only factor. I value character over raw numbers. I do not steal sits from others, or treat it like a competition. I get on and help when I'm needed. And sadly, these days that's not very much. The climate of staffing has changed since I was last here; and I just hope that my activity and dedication, as well as my ability to share sits, counts more than pure numbers. I know many of my close friends already know this about me, but I do not care what rank I am in Staff, I do not care what rank I am in any department. All I care about is my ability to help. I know this seems contradictory seeing as I am applying for a higher rank, however I am only doing so, because it increases my ability to help others.

Lastly, and I know this has been quite the read (and for that I apologize) I would like to talk about my character, and who I am as an individual. I am not going to sit here and type about how good of a person I am because it is arbitrary. What matters is what others see of me and what others gather about my character. What I can say about myself is what has been made obvious from the positions I have achieved within the community. To be support, you must be kind. To be staff, you must be trustworthy. To be in command in a department, you must be experienced. I believe I do not, (and will not) have to say a word about my character in my own opinion; but let my accomplishments speak for themselves.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?
I would begin this scenario by bringing the player that has been accused to a quiet location like above spawn, free of other players so that I can properly assess and contemplate the situation. If the reported player is cursing at me, I would simply ignore it and try to reason with them, try and de-escalate so that I can speak to the player and gather their side of the story. If they continue to curse, I would gag the player as a last resort as though to give them a period where they can both hear me speak, and think about what has happened. I would check the logs to gather as much information I can about the situation and come to a conclusion from there. After this, I would un-gag the player(s) to see if they are willing to cooperate and speak maturely. If not I would re-gag the player(s) to continue dealing with the case.
I would make sure that any evidence I have been given, or any evidence I can gather from the logs, paints a clear picture of what has happened and what has been reported to me by the accused and the reporter. Dpending on what they have said to me I would either verbally or formally warn them for staff diss. If the situation seems to be an open and shut case of Mass RDM I would formally warn them for MRDM and explain to them what I warned them for, and why I chose to do so. I would then contact an admin+ to issue an acceptable ban depending on the situation, and depending on many variables I would issue a four hour ban myself for Mass RDM then request an extension. 

What would you do if you think a player is an alt account?
If I believe I have come across an alternate account, I would not interact with the suspected alt at all. I would immediately contact JMT/SMT if they are on the server. If no JMT/SMT are online, I would make a case in the Requesting JMT section of the staff discord with evidence of this player being an alternate account.

What would you do if a player is threating to charge back? 
If a player is threatening to charge back in voice chat, I would clip the situation. If a player is doing so in text chat I would screenshot it. I would then contact JMT through the requesting JMT channel in discord so that it can be dealt with accordingly. If any JMT/SMT are online at the time I would most likely contact them in-game so that It may be dealt with swiftly.

A family is mass minging and causing issues, how would you stop the family from minging?
I understand that families can get rowdy, very rowdy at times. If any individual members of the family are being reported I would speak to them one-on-one as to try and deal with the situation without bringing an entire family to a rooftop. If the situation deems so, I would bring the family to a remote location and attempt to reason with them, in a mature and respectful manner. If the situation deems necessary I would contact an Admin+ to issue any punishments that are seen as needed.

How would you deal with a situation you don't know what to/don't know the answer to? (Don't answer with "I know everything!")
If I don't know the answer to a situation, I would first ask in Admin chat if any fellow staff members know what to do. If nobody currently on the server has the information that I need, I would then begin to follow the staff chain of command, until I come across somebody who has the answer that I need.

+Support
-Application Speaks for it's self
-Dedicated Member of the Community
-Overall deserves the position

• Like 1
  • Gaminglight Love 1

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

• Head of Staff
1 hour ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

• Gaminglight Love 1

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

3 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

lmao fuck you radish ❤️

State Command | State Head FTO

SPRT Command

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

How did you make an app this good? 

• Gaminglight Love 1

State Command | SPRT Commander | PoliceRP Super Admin SS Agent | FBI Agent | Umbrella Corp Member

9 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

Ex PoliceRP- Senior Admin & Senior Event Team Ex Support | Ex Fourm DiplomatEX SWAT Commander | EX UMC Mercenary Leader Ex OG General

16 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

〖   ImperialRP  〗
{ Ex. Battalions } Ex. Purge Vice Commander |Ex. Naval SSO LT
{ Staff } Ex. PRP Admin | Ex. IMRP Senior Moderator | Ex. PRP Event Team Member
 giphy.gif

16 hours ago, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

+Support

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

On 12/23/2020 at 2:41 AM, MiniEpic said:

-Support

You can break rules time to time 

My experience with you has been overall pretty bad you can be minge time to time

Overall if i see improvement it will be +support.

Not all of what mini said for me is true but still -Support 

hrgh.png.10942ea4bb3b187095d78fb9bfaee34a.png

On 12/23/2020 at 2:41 AM, MiniEpic said:

-Support

You can break rules time to time 

My experience with you has been overall pretty bad you can be minge time to time

Overall if i see improvement it will be +support.

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison