Add a Word Count Tool- Denied

Squash

Word Count Tool Implantation   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Add the Tool?

• Yes
    • No

As the title states, adding a Word Count Tool would be pretty useful. Would allow things like applications for certain things or stuff that requires a word count be easier to see your word count, rather than copy and pasting the words onto a google doc then doing it.

You would click and drag over words until you see that blue shade, then click a button which could be beside the tools at the top, then it shows you how many words you have currently wrote down. Just like a Google Document.

Note; I do not know if this is something that we already have, sorry if I am just too narrow minded and cannot find where the tool is located if it is a thing.

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

https://wordcounter.net/

Here's one right here, Feel free to use it if you need it 

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

You shouldn't be watching the word count when filling out an application imo. It's more the content and whether you fill out the points needed, generally if you do it properly you'll meet the word count.

Former ImperialRP JMT, SNR GM, Shock Commander

[Staff of The Month For November 2020]

On 12/19/2020 at 4:26 PM, TAlila | Tay Keith! said:

https://wordcounter.net/

Here's one right here, Feel free to use it if you need it 

On 12/19/2020 at 8:35 PM, 0xEmma said:

You shouldn't be watching the word count when filling out an application imo. It's more the content and whether you fill out the points needed, generally if you do it properly you'll meet the word count.

I agree with both of them but I think it still could be useful though +support

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

I agree with Will the most.

𝐒𝐂𝐏𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬 𝐋𝐭. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐑𝐏 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ₋ 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

Ehh, -support because ita not really needed. There are really easy websites to count words on. And i SOMEWHAT agree with Oxemma that you shouldnt pay too much attention to the word count. As a suggestion to anyone writing an application, I would write the application honestly and in your own words and THEN just double check to make sure you hit the wordcount just so you know youre not blabbing random things to hit the wordcount.

image.png.5bc21508a1ab5e81e97be92d1393e045.png

• Head of Staff

Not too sure if this can be feasibly implemented. I typically use a website to check it once I have written everything out, and like has already been said, it can take away from the quality of apps if people are just focused on the number.

+/- Support 

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Denied

First of all, I would like to thank you for your suggestion! Our community truly runs off of suggestions and it is much appreciated. For the reasons stated above this suggestion has been denied because we do not believe that it will benefit the community or can have foreseeable related issues.