Three Lungs

not ben

Name and Research Rank: Chef, Research Trainee 

Subject(s): SF AM (I forgot their actual name)

Targeted Results: Three fully working lungs inside of a patient with the goal of providing a far greater lung capacity to hold your breath in the event of a TIE crash/malfunction.

Actual Results: Patient  was killed in surgery. Cause of death was losing oxygen and loosing blood

Procedures performed:  An incision was made in the chest, A type O- blood IV tube was put in (so I thought later found out the needle had not pierced the vein) and a cut was made in the subjects airway to attach a new lung patient died at this point.

How could the procedure be improved: A new lung could be glued onto the air tube then a hole be made, preventing the subject from losing oxygen. I intend to re-visit this idea in the future. 

Former USMS DMAR || CC Owner || Bingus 4 life 

I like your goal as it would have a large positive effect on our troopers.

Something to think about as you approach this again in the future. The chest cavity is a tight place, and you will have to either make a new skin sack to hold this new lung. You could also re-locate other organs out of the chest cavity. Just some food for thought. Good first study though!