General Suggestion - Nerf Riot Control - Accepted

Eris

What are you suggesting? - For thermals to be removed from Riot Control/possibly XM be changed back to the Ithaca/Reduced max, etc. A change of any of these combined might work.

How would this change better the server? - Re-balancing CI/GENSEC fights and enforcing the fact that GENSEC shouldn't be a counter to infils.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Possible debalance, but it's in a pretty sorry state right now.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI/D-Class

7 minutes ago, [GL] Godbert Manderville said:

+Support 

Gensec  stand for general security They fact the have thermals  makes no since they should be only for Command not for 80% of Gensec

Riot Control already have more health than most of CI at this point Gensec  is a MTF branch in it self they are meant to combat d class not CI

Retired Research Low Command

+support
Gensec should not have thermals its not like there is a d-class croaker class and they are not a MTF so there is no real point for it
And riot control with XM is too op right now so a nerf to the Ithaca (which is still a good gun) would make sense and be more fair

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

27 minutes ago, General bacon said:

+support
Gensec should not have thermals its not like there is a d-class cloaker class and they are not a MTF so there is no real point for it
And riot control with XM is too op right now so a nerf to the Ithaca (which is still a good gun) would make sense and be more fair

Edited by Eaten

hi

- Support 

-The point of Thermals for Riot control is to combat the CI Infils that come into D Block

- With how long D Block is and that big barricade in the middle of D Block , it is near impossible for GENSEC to kill any CI Infils in D Block 

Security DHFTO 1LT Hiroshima

Edited by Nagasaki
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

26 minutes ago, Nagasaki said:

- Support 

-The point of Thermals for Riot control is to combat the CI Infils that come into D Block

- With how long D Block is and that big barricade in the middle of D Block , it is near impossible for GENSEC to kill any CI Infils in D Block 

Im with Hiroshima, infils are a pain in the ass in D-Block, with the new baricade, they make it worse. Riot Control need a way to fight them instead of waiting for MTF to call thermals, and even then, what will stop them from cloaking again after a while?

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

1 minute ago, Southpaw said:

Im with Hiroshima, infils are a pain in the ass in D-Block, with the new baricade, they make it worse. Riot Control need a way to fight them instead of waiting for MTF to call thermals, and even then, what will stop them from cloaking again after a while?

Btw its not just riot control gensec apparently now have thermals at SGT+

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

3 hours ago, General bacon said:

+support
Gensec should not have thermals its not like there is a d-class croaker class and they are not a MTF so there is no real point for it

Former: Nu-7 Captain | Event Team Member | Maintenance Professional
Currently D-0007 

3 hours ago, General bacon said:

+support

Nu7 CPT Nu7 DHFTO Head of Degeneracy | Former OH7 
HSU #1 
Ex Nu7 MAJ | Ex DHFTO | Ex HSU Commissar |

2 hours ago, Nagasaki said:

- Support 

Riot control should be focused on Controlling Riots. Hence the name. lol

However, I was informed yesterday that gensec have thermals now, so removing them from RC doesn't really matter all that much. It just adds an unnecessary step for that class which would feel degrading. Also, if an Infil can chill in d block forever, that'll get boring fast. There are other fun things to do on Infil. 

I mostly support the changing of the weapon. They are kinda strong right now. Removing thermals from RC only is kinda dumb imo.

+Support for weapon only.

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

2 hours ago, Nagasaki said:

- Support 

Mate riot control is supposed to deal with R I O T S. It's in the name. MTF are the one who deal with CI. Its not impossible at all to kill infils, you got GenSec snipers, Juggernauts and SGT+ can call thermals. Coordination is something important in this case.
+ Support
GenSec is not MTF. Don't merge branches.
Also can we talk about how Riot Control is absolutely busted? 6 available slots, can be joined very early on, training is literally 10 words and you are given the job and it has a XM + automatic pistol.  

Edited by Yato Sensei
Forgot to add something :)

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

Mate riot control is supposed to deal with R I O T S. It's in the name. MTF are the one who deal with CI. Its not impossible at all to kill infils, you got GenSec snipers, Juggernauts and SGT+ can call thermals. Coordination is something important in this case.
+ Support
GenSec is not MTF. Don't merge branches.
Also can we talk about how Riot Control is absolutely busted? 6 available slots, can be joined very early on, training is literally 10 words and you are given the job and it has a XM + automatic pistol.  

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

3 hours ago, Nagasaki said:

- Support 

Instead of just quoting someone I want to say some things.

Firstly, Infils have been a huge issue on off hours, camping in the back making it almost impossible for newer enlisted and NCOs.

Second, You were just given a huge black barricade that gives you a massive amount of cover and a long range for you to snipe down riot control before they can even touch you. I have seen all day you have been killing riot control while rioting, I see no issue with an XM, when you can 4 shot them with a wingman.

Third, We gave thermals since mostly infils were camping at the back of the ledge targeting command and NCOs to stop us from calling thermals, then cloaking and hiding back in the corner. We got thermals to combat that especially since now you guys have a huge barricade to help support the infil from each side. 

It also gives you an area to disengage and have your team cover you while you heal and they keep riot control back, last I checked it takes around 10 or so minutes of mining and couple thousand in cash to get a Mag-7 and you can hold D-block with bunches of those.

We also got over-run by you earlier today by you just rushing, riot control being an enlisted based class makes them subject to cross-firing me and other GenSec, therefore making it easier for you.

Edited by [GL] loudyfam (Jack S)
Added an "s" to things.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

First off, this post doesn't belong on forums. Secondly, who the hell cares? SO what if security have thermals "GeNsEc Is MtF"  stop whining. Our only job is to fight, if anything we fight more than MTF. MTF is also incredibly inactive so half the time there is no capable MTF to take out the infils. Why should an Infil be able to go inside of dblock, kill somebody, cloak intron of someone, and run away? Last time I checked CI Infil isn't meant to be guns blazing gung ho, you are supposed to be stealthy. If riot control don't have it, then what? Infils Camp the back of D-Block and nobody can fight back because nobody except the few members of SEC CMD can see them? People are so Anti- Security that it is literally embarrassing. What? Security  is gonna be hard for you to kill now? 😞 So sad, maybe don't think of Gensec as useless meatbags that should be easy to kill. We are the largest foundation branch by a mile, MTF only gets its people FROM US and donators, and people still expect to wipe security OFC's like taking candy from a baby. Instead of whining about how OP sec is, even when they aren't, just be better. I kill soo many security as d-class and riot control. This is not an issue of security being OP, its an issue of you being to dead-set on the idea that the largest and most active branch should be spineless ragdolls that die in two seconds. Just Get Good.

-Support

• Dislike 1

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

16 minutes ago, [GL] loudyfam (Jack S) said:

Instead of just quoting someone I want to say some thing.

Firstly, Infils have been a huge issue on off hours, camping in the back making it almost impossible for newer enlisted and NCOs.

Second, You were just given a huge black barricade that gives you a massive amount of cover and a long range for you to snipe down riot control before they can even touch you. I have seen all day you have been killing riot control while rioting, I see no issue with an XM, when you can 4 shot them with a wingman.

Third, We gave thermals since mostly infils were camping at the back of the ledge targeting command and NCOs to stop us from calling thermals, then cloaking and hiding back in the corner. We got thermals to combat that especially since now you guys have a huge barricade to help support the infil from each side. 

It also gives you an area to disengage and have your team cover you while you heal and they keep riot control back, last I checked it takes around 10 or so minutes of mining and couple thousand in cash to get a Mag-7 and you can hold D-block with bunches of those.

We also got over-run by you earlier today by you just rushing, riot control being an enlisted based class makes them subject to cross-firing me and other GenSec, therefore making it easier for you.

7 minutes ago, APE said:

First off, this post doesn't belong on forums. Secondly, who the hell cares? SO what if security have thermals "GeNsEc Is MtF"  stop whining. Our only job is to fight, if anything we fight more than MTF. MTF is also incredibly inactive so half the time there is no capable MTF to take out the infils. Why should an Infil be able to go inside of dblock, kill somebody, cloak intron of someone, and run away? Last time I checked CI Infil isn't meant to be guns blazing gung ho, you are supposed to be stealthy. If riot control don't have it, then what? Infils Camp the back of D-Block and nobody can fight back because nobody except the few members of SEC CMD can see them? People are so Anti- Security that it is literally embarrassing. What? Security  is gonna be hard for you to kill now? 😞 So sad, maybe don't think of Gensec as useless meatbags that should be easy to kill. We are the largest foundation branch by a mile, MTF only gets its people FROM US and donators, and people still expect to wipe security OFC's like taking candy from a baby. Instead of whining about how OP sec is, even when they aren't, just be better. I kill soo many security as d-class and riot control. This is not an issue of security being OP, its an issue of you being to dead-set on the idea that the largest and most active branch should be spineless ragdolls that die in two seconds. Just Get Good.

-Support

34 minutes ago, APE said:

-Support

Mentality of a good portion GenSec players. "MtF iS iNaCtive sO we NeeD tO dO eVryThing By OurSelvEs". I'm sorry mate but Juggernauts have thermals, now every SGT+ also has them. Removing them off an easy to pick up class won't do much if there is enough high-ranking GenSec ( Everyone knows its not hard to reach SGT ). And maybe if you are having such troubles with Infils standing in the back of D block sniping, you should get more people to flag onto Security Snipers or allow people to use the armory to buy snipers, that ain't hard at all, especially with a lot of people in GenSec being SGT+. As I stated before, all you need is coordination, it's not that hard. 2 Snipers at the upper platforms watching the back of D block while riot control rush inside and storm the Infil (Thermals will be called by an NCO+ Of course). You'd have the infil down in a matter of seconds. The point is that having another class be able to call thermals is a bit janky and is starting to merge branches slightly. Next thing we know is that LCPL get to call thermals. 
Also don't come up with the "Get Good" crap. That has nothing to do with the fact that when there is 6 riot controls vs 1 Infil, you can't outplay them even if you tried your best.
GenSec should be strong in numbers, not in power. That's why you are the largest branch on the server. Use that to your advantage.

Edited by Yato Sensei

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Yato Sensei said:

Mentality of a good portion GenSec players. "MtF iS iNaCtive sO we NeeD tO dO eVryThing By OurSelvEs". I'm sorry mate but Juggernauts have thermals, now every SGT+ also has them. Removing them off an easy to pick up class won't do much if there is enough high-ranking GenSec ( Everyone knows its not hard to reach SGT ). And maybe if you are having such troubles with Infils standing in the back of D block sniping, you should get more people to flag onto Security Snipers or allow people to use the armory to buy snipers, that ain't hard at all, especially with a lot of people in GenSec being SGT+. As I stated before, all you need is coordination, it's not that hard. 2 Snipers at the upper platforms watching the back of D block while riot control rush inside and storm the Infil (Thermals will be called by an NCO+ Of course). You'd have the infil down in a matter of seconds. The point is that having another class be able to call thermals is a bit janky and is starting to merge branches slightly. Next thing we know is that LCPL get to call thermals. 
Also don't come up with the "Get Good" crap. That has nothing to do with the fact that when there is 6 riot controls vs 1 Infil, you can't outplay them even if you tried your best.
GenSec should be strong in numbers, not in power. That's why you are the largest branch on the server. Use that to your advantage.

couldn't of said it better

Yeah , love the GenSec mentality of "Just get good, maybe we won't be useless meatbags anymore!!!" Even though they're the lesser of MTF, they shouldn't be on the same level whatsoever. They've also tried to say that I'm complaining about the D Class VS GenSec balance I guess? Even though I'm talking about CI vs GenSec?

44 minutes ago, APE said:

-Support

Guys this change has not even been here for a WEEK give it some time guys

Former RESEARCH Manager Zack Morden 
 FORMER SECURITY 2LT JFTO Zack Morden

Change is a good thing

-support, the only reason gensec can hold d-block is riot control., it's the only class that can go over the line. You already have to uncloak to shoot us, what difference does it really make in the long run? Almost nobody plays jugg and it can't go beyond the blue line as of yet. I do think that maybe SGT+ shouldn't get them, but I think since riot control is the only one who can go over there they should keep it.

Riot control solo wiped out two entire CI raids I was apart of. It's not fun. This only happened this morning because we were prepared and had 4 of us. Normally you clear out all of us including riot-control. I think maybe Ape is right... get gud maybe?

Edited by ZJ

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT