Kibbles the magic crayons Darth Vader Application- Denied

Kibbles the Magic Crayon

=Section 1=-

General info:
In-game name: Kibbles the Magic Crayon-DT CPL KK4- IQ Apprentice IV Kibbles- Navy Enlisted Kibbles

Steam Name: Kibbles the Magic Crayon

Steam ID: 76561198085947358

-=Section 2=-

Why do you want to become the role of Darth Vader?

The main reason I am so interested in the role of Darth Vader is mostly related to my love of Darth Vader as a character alone in Star Wars Legends and Canons, he's just a really interesting and cool character to get into. I also am interested in Darth Vader because I am also in IQ, which is also a really fun and interesting group in Star wars legends and canon. I'm fairly active on the server with IQ and Naval being my favorite jobs on the server because I love to rp and lead on the server. There are plenty of other reasons why I would love to be Darth Vader but they aren't that interesting to hear and I'm sure plenty of other applications need to be read.

What experience do you have that would be relevant to the role of Darth Vader?

Well outside of rp I have lots of experience with moderation. I have been a moderator for Iron clad networks (shutdown), Geetslys gaming network clone wars rp, and am now a retired staff manager for Popcorns SCP rp, I am still a moderator for Popcorns Alien rp server however. Inside of rp I have been in practically every battalion/regiment in star wars on various popular servers (Icefuse, Geetslys, Gaming Light, Iron  Clad Networks, etc), with my biggest accomplishments in rp being most likely my time as shock commander for Fusion RP, and Jedi Commander for Shock on Geetslys RP.

Why do you think I should pick you over other applicants?

Most people can outdo me in terms of activity but in terms of skill and experience with leading and other various skills I outdo the majority of people most likely applying for this job. The only reason I haven't been active is just boredom. If I had a chance at being Darth Vader my activity would sky rocket because of how important and interesting Darth Vader as a character is, especially on Gaming Lights Imperial RP. Other then those reasons, all my other skills (modelling, gming, map making) are pretty useless for the role as Darth Vader.

Please outline some ideas that you could bring to improve the server as Darth Vader:

Well personally, I haven't seen Darth Vader on the server more then a couple times every once and a while, so the first idea I have is just being active. I would also do my best at leading the server since Darth Vader is one of the highest ranking jobs on the server currently. I would definitely want to change 501st a little bit because on the server 501st has been getting a little boring and generic, so I would really love to add something unique that only Gaming Light does for the 501st. I'm sure I have plenty of ideas that I can think of later on when I am not focusing so much on proper grammar for this application! 

-=Section 3=-

In your personal experience with being a player, what issues have you come across?

Inactivity is by far the biggest issue, specifically the inactivity between time zones. I am MST and if I get accepted as Darth Vader I think it would really benefit those in my time zone or near my time zone so they can have a fun experience with me being Darth Vader. I would also like to promote moderation on the server because another issue is that whenever I get on I rarely see more then 4 staff on at a time when there are well over 40 players.

In response to the question above, how would you handle and fix these issues?

Well, first of all I stated above that I hope players would be motivated to get on when there isn't a large majority of players on (less then 30). A basic principle of gmod is that the more players you have on a server, the more people that will want to join that server. Having more players on at different times would boost the servers popularity because of that simple principle. The other problem can simply be solved by my first statement. The more players that we have on the server, the more players that we will have apply and be accepted for staff on the server in separate time zones.

Anything else you would like to add?

Even if I am not accepted as Darth Vader I hope that my problems and solutions listed will be dealt with appropriately! Thanks for taking the time to read this application.

-Support

Personal Experience

+/- I do not think we have met

Application Section 2

+/- You may have experience over a broad range of topics, but you fail to show a time where you excelled at one. I'm not saying you haven't, but try listing some of your feats as Command on those other servers.

- Starting off by saying the position would help you move from inactive to active IS NOT a good look

- Try broadening your image of Vader, his scope covers the 501st and the rest of the ISD as well

Application Section 3

- Although creeping activity to new timezone is something I believe every server wants, your solution of just being present does not cut it. Try describing how you would make your presence fun and how you would improve these people's experience

Summary

Based on your app you seem to need to learn more about the community as well as the position before you are ready for Vader. I encourage you though to keep trying as you do seem to have the drive and organizational skills to get you there.

Best of luck on your run for Vader

• 2 weeks later...