General Suggestion - VR Mod - Denied

Veesus

I suggest that we add VRMod to the server so those of us with vr headsets can have an extra immersive experience.

It would benefit the server by allowing for more immersive RP with more expressive actions.

The only downside would be that vr players might get a slight advantage in combat, since they can aim around corners without needing to peak their head out.

It would mostly benefit people with vr, but people without vr can see them moving too, even without the mod installed, so it would really benefit everyone.

The workshop link to the vrmod is here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678408548

As how pointless this is to the server

+Support this would be fun

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

+/-  Support

I am unsure of the lag or other performance hindering effects that this could cause on the server. 

BUT

If SMTs could take time and Investiagte VRMod and see if it impacts the server in negative ways or not, and find that it might not effect it negatively: then i would absoultley DIE to have this mod on the server. I would use it all the time.

2 hours ago, Crystal said:

-Support  This is gonna cause tremnedous lag. and what i see from the packet size: (1.337 MB)

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

3 hours ago, Crystal said:

-Support  This is gonna cause tremnedous lag. and what i see from the packet size: (1.337 MB)

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

6 hours ago, Mint said:

As how pointless this is to the server

+Support this would be fun

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

14 hours ago, th3 said:

The author of the thing literally says to expect poor performance and crashes, I don’t think that adding this to the server to make 4 people out of 120 happy

Yeeeeeeeeeah fuck that -support 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

On 9/20/2020 at 7:19 PM, Surge said:

-support  This litterally isnt needed an VR ownership i know isnt high

Sorry to disappoint you but a study done in 2018 said that over 178 million people have a VR headset.

+Support

I've heard quite a few people saying they want a VR mod for SCP-RP. Other gmod servers do this and it functions alright from what I heard. It would bring a way bigger player base to gaminglight. 
I lover VR because I think it's the next big step for gaming, I mean hell if we got a VR mod I would be on the server 24/7. People wanting to play garrys mod in VR is something people have been wanting to do for ages. If SMT took the time and effort to implement VR into the server it would change everything. I spend most of my time in VR socializing, playing beat saber, or killing Taliban in a village in Onward. VR for SCP-RP would be amazing and quite frankly a dream come true. Other gmod servers have done this and from what I heard it works fine. As long as the bugs are fixed I would LOVE for this to be a thing

• Like 1

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

On 9/20/2020 at 10:38 PM, th3 said:

The author of the thing literally says to expect poor performance and crashes, I don’t think that adding this to the server to make 4 people out of 120 happy

Well I mean you doubt the amount of people with a VR headset also if pretty sure he means for the person using it too have crash’s not the whole server also too add on too what doom guy said I would rebuy a VR headset mostly just too play this in VR 

Edited by pixalgamer99
  • Like 1

-Support, this would not be worth the lag it'd cause.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector