A Seperate Event Server- Denied

Lasky

What do you think about having a seperate Event server for regiment specific events?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaminglight get an Event server?

• Yes
    • No

Right now on Gaminglight we´ve only one server which makes it so that all events must effect all regiments and everyone on the server (Most of the Time). However it´d be good to be able to have specific missions for only one or two regiments.

Have it like the 501st (and maybe Darth Vader if he´s online) are sent to a planet to suppress Rebel support on an imperial planet. Have Scout Trooper sent on a scouting mission. Have the 31st being sent to an Imperial Facility which has been heavly damaged and is in need for emergency repair(, maybe the main power generator is damage dand if it blow up the whole Imperial Facility gets destroyed. And the reason we care is beacause the Facility is doing research on Kyber Crystals. The Purge and IQ could get sent on their own mission that has to do with reported sighting of Jedi activity or to destroy a Jedi Temple that had survived the initial purge. Have High Ranking Naval and the DT silencing traitors who sell imperial information to the Rebel Alliance. 

Now this are just a few examples for a few regiments on what they could do with their own regiments which could give each regiment some more fun and give GMs an easier time planning events. The reaosn it´d be better for the GMs is that they don´t need to give all the regiments something to do during the event and sometimes that isn´t possible which leads to some great events just not beign able to be fulfilled due to not having a seperate server for Big events. But we could still have some good event on the main server if it has to do with the whole crew and garrison on it. 

This is something that I personally have wanted ever since I joined my first battalion. Having an event server I feel would make the server that I love even better. Think of all the potential for regiment roleplay. 

Obviously there are negatives to this like seperating the playerbase, but I think this is an acceptable loss for a better RP and gaming experience here on Gaminglight.

Edited by Lasky

+/- Support

Would be great for setting up and planning off-maps
Would most likely be better for lag since the Event/Main is seperated

Would Cause lower player count though

Might be hard for some to switch between

Former ImperialRP JMT, SNR GM, Shock Commander

[Staff of The Month For November 2020]

38 minutes ago, 0xEmma said:

+/- Support

Would be great for setting up and planning off-maps
Would most likely be better for lag since the Event/Main is seperated

Would Cause lower player count though

Might be hard for some to switch between

To easily switch we could just place down a Dropship in MHB or SHB and when you interact with it (pressing e on it) you would instantly connect to the event server. 

There are a few issues with this. 
1. it’s just un needed 

2. this would mean effectively the cost of IRP would double since its addding another server

3. we try to make all events inclusive for everyone.

4. It would just make no sense as most people play IRP for events so they’re just stay on that server and not go in the main server effectively killing the non event server. 

Edited by Hunt

38 minutes ago, Hunt said:

1. it’s just in needed 

2. this would mean effectively the cost of IRP would double since its addding another server

4. It would just make no sense as most people play IRP for events so they’re just stay on that server and not go in the main server effectively killing the non event server. 

R Imperial RP General =-= Retired GM-SNR Admin =-= Staff of the month Oct. 2020

Shock VCMDR/CMDR  |  January 23 - August 29th 

11 hours ago, Hunt said:

1. it’s just un needed 

DISCLAIMER! What I say here is only my opinion on the subject and this isn´t an attack on Hunt or on staff  or anyone else. 

Several times I´ve been interrupted for doing the Naval Passive RP (which I love) a few times now and it is starting to make me annoyed at the fact that while doing Naval RP the events make it so that I need tp put a halt on certain roleplaying activities on the server which includes Tryouts and Patrols. One time while I was in the middle of a Naval Tryout an event happened and I already told staff that I was doing a tryout and wanted to delay the event until my tryout was over to not get interupted and forced to either cancel the tryout or delay it. Both of these options other than continuing the tryout would suck. Due to that some similar occurrences have happened I´ve been unwilling to do these kinds of things in fear of having them interupted by an event. By having an event server we´d not risk halting the Passive RP´ng being done like for an example Tryouts, Trainings or SIMs. 

The cost of having an additional server I can understand would make this suggestion not look viable. However I think it´d be worth the extra cost and maybe trying every way in making it as  low in cost as possible. Maybe having it offline while it´s not in use- But I´ve never hosted servers on Garry´s Mod before so I can´t really say that would help. I know that Garry´s Mod is running on some really old hardware so I understand if there are not many ways or not posssible to lower the cost of having another IRP server. 

Having the events inclusive to everyone and having everyone being part of it is good yes, I´m not saying we shouldn´t allow everyone to join in and be part of an event. With that said though some regiments/people don´t want to have an event at that moment to do some Passive IRP stuff like Trainings, Tryouts and SIMs.  Being forced to postpone or cancel a (for an example) SIM is annoying., just because some staff are bored and want something fun. Now everyone (including) staff should  be allowed when they want and event and to have fun. But there are many people on the server which might not agree. 

I don´t know why others play IRP on Gary´s Mod but I play it for the RP experience, not for the grand battles and PVP. I play games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 for that kind of gameplay. IRP shouldn´t just be about going on missions which is basiaclly follow the same concept. Eliminating all hostiles or kill all hostiles and capture or disable something.  These events are fun yeah but can get repedetive after they´ve happened for the 5th time. The reason people should play IRP (and on the Gaminglight IRP server which is amazing) is to be able to roleplay in this universe we all love and be immersed. Doing the stuff that we would´ve wanted to experience on an Imperial Star Destroyer as it´s crew. Now I´m not saying we can´t have PVP events and those events that focus on us eliminating some sort of threat. No,  they can be really fun.

I hope with this reply to your comment on the subject of adding an Event Server to have for battalion/regiment specific events or for just events in general that may take place not on the ISD.  Thanks so much everyone in the GL community for giving me an amazing IRP experience that I´ve never had before joining this amazing comunity, I hope this can give more clarity to what I meant. Safe jurneys and stay safe! - Lasky 

3 hours ago, Lasky said:

DISCLAIMER! What I say here is only my opinion on the subject and this isn´t an attack on Hunt or on staff  or anyone else. 

Several times I´ve been interrupted for doing the Naval Passive RP (which I love) a few times now and it is starting to make me annoyed at the fact that while doing Naval RP the events make it so that I need tp put a halt on certain roleplaying activities on the server which includes Tryouts and Patrols. One time while I was in the middle of a Naval Tryout an event happened and I already told staff that I was doing a tryout and wanted to delay the event until my tryout was over to not get interupted and forced to either cancel the tryout or delay it. Both of these options other than continuing the tryout would suck. Due to that some similar occurrences have happened I´ve been unwilling to do these kinds of things in fear of having them interupted by an event. By having an event server we´d not risk halting the Passive RP´ng being done like for an example Tryouts, Trainings or SIMs. 

The cost of having an additional server I can understand would make this suggestion not look viable. However I think it´d be worth the extra cost and maybe trying every way in making it as  low in cost as possible. Maybe having it offline while it´s not in use- But I´ve never hosted servers on Garry´s Mod before so I can´t really say that would help. I know that Garry´s Mod is running on some really old hardware so I understand if there are not many ways or not posssible to lower the cost of having another IRP server. 

Having the events inclusive to everyone and having everyone being part of it is good yes, I´m not saying we shouldn´t allow everyone to join in and be part of an event. With that said though some regiments/people don´t want to have an event at that moment to do some Passive IRP stuff like Trainings, Tryouts and SIMs.  Being forced to postpone or cancel a (for an example) SIM is annoying., just because some staff are bored and want something fun. Now everyone (including) staff should  be allowed when they want and event and to have fun. But there are many people on the server which might not agree. 

I don´t know why others play IRP on Gary´s Mod but I play it for the RP experience, not for the grand battles and PVP. I play games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 for that kind of gameplay. IRP shouldn´t just be about going on missions which is basiaclly follow the same concept. Eliminating all hostiles or kill all hostiles and capture or disable something.  These events are fun yeah but can get repedetive after they´ve happened for the 5th time. The reason people should play IRP (and on the Gaminglight IRP server which is amazing) is to be able to roleplay in this universe we all love and be immersed. Doing the stuff that we would´ve wanted to experience on an Imperial Star Destroyer as it´s crew. Now I´m not saying we can´t have PVP events and those events that focus on us eliminating some sort of threat. No,  they can be really fun.

I hope with this reply to your comment on the subject of adding an Event Server to have for battalion/regiment specific events or for just events in general that may take place not on the ISD.  Thanks so much everyone in the GL community for giving me an amazing IRP experience that I´ve never had before joining this amazing comunity, I hope this can give more clarity to what I meant. Safe jurneys and stay safe! - Lasky 

First off if GMs are personally starting a event during tryouts and there giving you no option but to stop. You have every right to report them to high command or SMT God only knows they force us to work on there agenda but to interpret ares that's not exseptable get the name of the GM and just report him next time 

SCP/Medical Senior-Command/Manager/Head of Field Work 

1 hour ago, zefershpear said:

First off if GMs are personally starting a event during tryouts and there giving you no option but to stop. You have every right to report them to high command or SMT God only knows they force us to work on there agenda but to interpret ares that's not exseptable get the name of the GM and just report him next time 

I did the latest time but they just ignored it.

20 hours ago, Finnley24 said:

Absolutely unneeded  also who would promotions work what if on the event server has not officers + on to promote ect ect i personally like we should stay with only 1 server  -1

They can just switch back to the main server to get their promotions and all that how is that so hard to understand?

Its just time consuming when u need to switch and switch and switch  and with the "they can just switch" people might need long to load in again and they might miss their promotion because of that and just really uneeded in my opinion and it takes alot of money to keep a server up -support

Edited by deeznuts is real xD

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

• 3 weeks later...

DENIED

Unfortunately, we do not feel that this suggestion is suitable for implementation into the server. Please wait at least 2 Weeks before suggesting this again.

*SMT reserves the right to reverse this decision at any time, even after the suggested contents addition to the server*

hotshot manager.png