General Suggestion-Day/Night Cycle - Denied

APE

What are you suggesting? - 

That we implement a basic day and night cycle within the foundation and on surface. Meaning a cycle in which it goes from sunshine and bright lights within the facility, to night sky and dimly lit halls in the facility.

How would this change better the server? - 

It would create a more ambient and at some times creepy environment, as a relatively dark foundation for a period of time makes things more creepy and reminiscent of the original containment breach game. It would also just be cool as hell to have the lights within the foundation darken for prolonged periods of time, and as stated above it would create a more suspenseful atmosphere for those within the foundation, and perhaps even make pvp/pve creepier to a good extent as well. The dark is scary man. Just think about it, night time on the surface would make all raids so much more covert and fun, not just raids on foundation, but raids on non foundation as well. Don't even get me started on SCP's and anti foundation within the now dimly lit hallways of the site complex.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

I honestly cant think of any besides people just having a personal preference for a daytime and an always bright foundation (asides from when lights are shut off completely of course. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 

The server as a whole, making certain things more suspenseful and changing the ambience entirely.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

I do not know if any workshop content would be required for this, however I feel as if it would not be too hard to do.  After all many  servers have day and night cycles, and though I don't know much about modifying and adding things into a server, creating a cycle which changes the sky and light sources at different intervals spread over long periods of time is in the realm of things that are doable.

• Like 1

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

+Support as long as it does not cause too much

This would be an amazing suggestion and would add a lot more atmosphere and possibly some more roleplay and would be amazing! If this can be done without causing too much lag I see this as a no brainer. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sixx said:

This would be an amazing suggestion and would add a lot more atmosphere and possibly some more roleplay and would be amazing! If this can be done without causing too much lag I see this as a no brainer. 

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

4 hours ago, Sixx said:

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

7 hours ago, Sixx said:

Ret. MTF Nu-7 2LT | Professional dipshit Melancholy

• 3 weeks later...