My Initial First Thoughts - A Review of Site-10 so far

Gunther

Disclaimer: Let me start off by saying this is all my OPINION, you don't have to agree with it, and that's OK. This review is not meant to be hateful or bitter about the new map, or gameplay. This is only to given honest feedback to SMT and whomever, and to give a general review of my first impressions. First, let me start with the positives, the things I like.

Positives
MAP
  - I like the map, mostly. Its a great design choice, and its very clear SMT put a lot of time and energy into it and lots of thought. It feels like I'm playing SCP:CB and it feels less like a single hallways with rooms slapped on the side and more like an actual facility area. I have not seen the map in its entirety, so I'm only judging based on what I've seen.
  - Gensec bunks are much bigger.
  - The D-Block is no longer the massive space it was, its a lot less space and more or less flooring. The D-Block town looks amazing, it has its own mining area, probably to make weapons or money like in the old days. 
  - Gate A looks super cool, and while its unfortunate no vehicles will ride through it, its still really cool. Surface is no longer a winter wonderland nor a dark world. Its got lots of green. Its borders are made to look like we're inside a valley. 
  - CI Base is no longer in the ground, its an actual base, with Military Gear.
  - The Pocket Dimension is revamped, its new and redone. From what I've seen, the modeled it after the actual 106's PD from the game.
  - All SCP chambers are spread out and look different. 
  - Hands Up and Partial as Gensec is so fun, it makes you feel powerful, since D-Class stand 0 chance.
  -  The new PA and Power Systems are super cool, no longer is turning off power a site wide thing. And the ambiance is cool too.
  - Pepe Face on the Sarkic Deity's chest. Its pretty funny.

CLASSES
 - There's a new branch, Sarkic. Its a group of up to 7 cultists who ally with no one and create only chaos. The models are cool, especially Molten Jason. The Platinum job has an RPG, an AK, Mossberg, and Deagle and 2 slots. The premise is fun enough to be a fun branch. And its a great XP farmer.
- RPG (nuff said)

NEUTRAL
MINOR ISSUES
 - Originally it kept crashing, like a lot. Its expected, its a new map, lots of players. Annoying, but not game ruining. Also, very laggy, ditto for that.
 - Sarkic didn't spawn with a Keypad Cracker, SMT is aware and will fix it tomorrow.  
 - MTF stated the fences in LDB were KOS, which doesn't make any sense as it does not improve chances of escape any bit. Its an annoying rule, but again, not big of a deal.
 - Some things require a keypad cracker that really don't make sense to, like the Shell Gas Station's door locks, which is Level 5, and frankly, don't see any reasons for it. Others require a Level 5, like the Gate A elevator, which takes 70 seconds to crack into and close the doors. 
 - Keypads have much higher cracking times. And some doors are uncrackable. Its not really that big of a negative, but when you're trying to get into HCZ, waiting 6 seconds longer feels like torture, especially as D-Class and Sarkic. 
 - My CC initially spawned in the Pocket Dimension and upon setting the spawn, its now stuck in an infinite death loop. Yea. 
 - There is too many trees. I can't see in front of me and its easy to get sniped or ambushed.

NEGATIVES
D-BLOCK
 - D-Block has turned into an absolute choke point for Gensec and MTF, making rioting near impossible, its easy to take D-Block, but then there is a choke point outside of it, various MTF in LCZ, and other CC's, and even the hallway from D-Block to the other side is a single hallway where snipers can easily shoot from 100 meters away. When its not Hands Up or Partial, its easy to get close and smack em once or twice. However, its almost always Hands Up and Partial, which is understandable, we are rioting, but the thing is, the new Elevator during a Partial or even Hands is DEATH. There's no cover, there's no way to fight back without immediately getting sniped or shotgunned. The once great tactic of shooting from Lower D-Block no longer works, due to our spawn being upstairs, but also the glass windows and steel grates blocking any angle. Unlike before, Mag Lockdown has happened at least 3 times, which leads me to think those are going to be more common now.

- From the Gensec perspective, while the map is amazing, there is some negatives. First being Gensec's part of Lower D-Block is tiny. There's barely enough room to move around, and holding the position is hard. Dying in this area is incredibly easy, whereas being in the halls makes it harder to die. Also, minor concern, but during Mag Lockdown, Gensec can't terminate D-Class due to not being able to get into D-Block.

LCZ/HCZ
 - LCZ and HCZ is so confusing, its a maze. I'm not sure where to go, everything looks the same, if it weren't for some signs, I'd be incredibly lost. Armories are stationed outside the Security and MTF bunks, which is really bad for D-Class and Sarkic, since its also a choke point.

SARKIC
 - I tried so hard to like this job. I played on it for hours.
 - My biggest issue with it is how weak it is. Starting off, the cult has 3 slots for Silver, 2 slots for Gold, and 2 slots for Platinum. That's 7 members total. That's nowhere near enough to even take on CI or MTF. 
 - Aside from the Plat job, which while it has an RPG, the weapon is worse than an AWP, which somehow does more. 2 RPG shots to a CC was not enough to kill it, which says a lot. The Gold's main shine is its sniper, which is meh, its not a weak sniper, but its not strong enough to take on MTF or CI. 
 - Originally the base was completely open to attacks, every time we stepped out of our base, we got ambushed and immediately bombarded by CI, and/or an Event Squad of MTF. Mind you this happened at least 6 times. Catsro had to make a wall around the base to protect us from spawn campers. 
 - We have no allies, not CI, MTF, or even D-Class, which is a problem going back to the strength issue. We can't hold our own against any branch. With CI and MTF constantly buffing their branches in order to 1-Up each other, trying to go up against branches like that is nowhere near possible. I'm not saying they are invincible, just really beefy and strong. This leads to us following NLR so much. And since its 3 minutes, its a lot of waiting.
- Like I mentioned earlier, there's no keypad cracker, which is fine, there's also no armory, which idk if it will receive one, but not being able to get Medkits and better gear before raids is not fun. 
- Going back to the strength thing, every time we raid, we must advert it. This leads to issues since we 99% of the time lose almost immediately, either due to numbers, lack of strength, or waiting for staff to give crackers while MTF sets up, but also because it eliminates stealth.

This is just my opinion. I know I complain a lot, especially when I'm frustrated, I become bitter about the littlest things. That's just an issue with me. I don't hate this game, this community, this map, any of it, in the slightest, when I complain, its mostly because I want to see the game be its best, but also cause I hate dying, to be truly honest. The main reason there's more negatives than positives is because I did not get the opportunity to explore much more than from what I've seen while on D-Class, Gensec, and Sarkic. My opinions may change within the week after everything is settled.

• Like 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

D-Block on partial lockdown is too op and leaves no openings for D-Class to have a chance. Other then that, I love this new update.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

3 hours ago, Propane said:

I disagree with your opinion 

Which means its wrong 

^^^

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

gunther i am sorry to say this but at this point you are just looking for negative things to say about everything on the server with this being one of the many examples.
here are 2 in case you are wondering
-on old map you complained how hard it was to hold dblock then complained how hard it was to take it as a dclass. this was vc so i cant bring up a picture of it
- and on top of that  you complained how dclass custom classes are way to op.

if you want more proof just ask

Edited by turner6372

This looks pretty good, but... D Class can easily take over D Block each time. There is like no place for security, it needs to be expanded.

Also Haha map big

The crashing part was something that I have not yet experienced at all too, might be on your end.

Edited by Squash

Foundation Archivist | Operations Supervisor | SCP-RP Senior Admin Forums Diplomat | Support 1 |

• Bread locked this topic