Should i be Senior Admin?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should i be Senior Admin?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: Cogs

What is your steam name?: (GL) fazfan1987

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:73020236

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): None besides this server

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly): Late march/Early April

What date did you make your forums account?: April 1st

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)?: Admin (Along with platinum)

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: 3
https://gyazo.com/c9b4911e16ad2abaf41cda765e8cd072

Have you donated?: yes,$525

What rank are you applying for?: Senior Admin

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: Nope

Have you read the staff guidelines?
You will be tested on it:
Yes, many many times

Timezone: EST

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this):    Super admin: Emoo & Phill    Head admin:  Rookie & Castro      Head of staff: Rang        Manager: Igneous

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I believe i deserve this position for many reasons, but at the top of the reasons is my full on dedication and passion for this server, i have dumped hundreds of hours into it, i have made so many friends, and i have purged toxic folk out, and for this, to repay what i have gained here, i want to give back to gaminglight. Becoming a higher staff rank will help me so much to repay this community. My work has shown that i have good judgement, ethic, and general attitude, also to mention the fact i have a pretty good reputation among most players. I love helping out new staff members and generally have showed my worth is staff. Though i do admit there are aspects i could improve upon, i know i can change them for the better. My judgement is pretty  clear and straight forward, i try to get as much info as i can from situations before making decisions. My reputation has been amazing, at least from what I've seen, i am well liked in most branches, and have kept up good activity on forums and discord. My attitude has always been pretty good in my opinion, i try not to get stressed easily, no matter how any times i get knocked down, i get right back up. In conclusion, i think i deserve this position for all the reasons stated above, and because of my extreme passion for the server and its people, this community have made me a better person in general, and i have no one else to thank besides GL, especially SMT for giving me the chance to help here.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: I would first do a double check in BLOGS just make sure it was this guy, warn them for 'MRDM | Staff diss', then ban him for 5 days for the same reasons.

Q1: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?: Tell them to be quiet for a moment, then ask them one by one what happened. If they start arguing after multiple verbal warnings, i would gag them to show them I'm serious, then un-gag that person. After gaining all the info from each person, i would deal with the issue accordingly to the handbook.

Q2: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?: I would spectate them for a few minutes, if he does nothing, i inform another person on the staff job about the incident and tell them to watch the person closely.

Q3: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?: I would first give him a verbal about it, even if he says he's innocent. I would spectate them between sits for at least 30 minutes, i would then inform any other staff members on to keep an eye on them.

Edited by Cogs

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

+support

-active on staff, takes sits often

-friendly attitude

-knows how to handle issues

-yes

• Thanks 1

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

1 hour ago, CreameyCheesey said:

+support

-friendly attitude

-yes

• Thanks 1

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

5 hours ago, CreameyCheesey said:

+support

-friendly attitude

-yes

• Thanks 1

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

6 hours ago, CreameyCheesey said:

+support

-friendly attitude

-yes

Creamey said it all.

• Thanks 1

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support
Very active staff member
Very mature while staffing and off the job
Friendly and polite demeanor
Very Competent as a staff member
Good Luck Cogs!
~Pixel

• Thanks 1

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

-Support, nothing personal,

• The application seems a bit rushed
  • I believe that you need more time as admin
  • I have seen other applicants more on staff, taking sits
  • I don't think that taking ownership of this 
    10 hours ago, Cogs said:

i have made so many friends, and i have purged toxic folk out

should be on the application, yeah you have purged toxic folk, but I don't think that it was your responsibility/area to do so. Sure you care about the community and want the best for it, but that doesn't mean you go out of your way to "purge" these toxic folk. Kind of hints at slight targeting and I think it's best if you don't even put it there.

• Also, I do not think that you making friends on this server means that you are deserving of this staff rank

I truly believe that you need more time to adapt to your current rank and prove yourself to the server, just not to the friends you made, that you really would be a great Senior Admin.

Edited by enuz 💣

Former Head of Janitorial | HCZ man geerlvl 70 life wizard | Roblox Clothing Designer 

50 minutes ago, enuz 💣 said:

should be on the application, yeah you have purged toxic folk, but I don't think that it was your responsibility/area to do so. Sure you care about the community and want the best for it, but that doesn't mean you go out of your way to "purge" these toxic folk. Kind of hints at slight targeting and I think it's best if you don't even put it there.

• Also, I do not think that you making friends on this server means that you are deserving of this staff rank

I truly believe that you need more time to adapt to your current rank and prove yourself to the server, just not to the friends you made, that you really would be a great Senior Admin.

I agree with minimal stuff on this 

I believe that you need more time as admin | I have seen other applicants more on staff, taking sits 

2 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

+Support
Very active staff member
Very mature while staffing and off the job
Friendly and polite demeanor
Very Competent as a staff member
Good Luck Cogs!
~Pixel

I see more positives in this then negatives everyone has there goods and bad's Cogs has some bad but the good out weigh's the bad by a very significant margin 

+ Support 

Edited by Dragin
  • Like 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+ support

- Cool guy and very pleasant. 

- works hard does all of the little bits that people don't notice

- However chill with talking about purging, it will give you a bed reputation if you keep on talking about purging people.

+support
Cogs is super active, super nice, well known in the community, takes initiative to fix server and community issues such as dealing with toxic members of the community, actively trying to increase RnD's reputation as a whole and not to mention actively tries to do PT's with fellow branches, understands how to manage a sit and to be as polite as possible, handles hard and stressful situations well. The exact person I want as senior admin.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

56 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
Cogs is super active, super nice, well known in the community, takes initiative to fix server and community issues such as dealing with toxic members of the community, actively trying to increase RnD's reputation as a whole and not to mention actively tries to do PT's with fellow branches, understands how to manage a sit and to be as polite as possible, handles hard and stressful situations well. The exact person I want as senior admin.

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

On 9/15/2020 at 6:13 AM, enuz 💣 said:

+/- support

Edited by Lefty

-Support
-I really never see your staff activity on par with other admins on the server.
-Just a couple days ago, when no staff was on, you never  stepped up to  your job (Thank you Mini for taking the task).
-Vast amount of spelling/grammatical errors (Please capitalize "I's" overall score of ~53 on Grammarly. )
+/- Does great with TS support, however, that has its ranking system to progress.

+Polite

Edited by Orange 🍊