Broadening our Horizons

Zeeptin

• Owner

As Gaminglight comes up on 4 years of being a very successful Garry's Mod community. I always get suggestions to make an addition to an outside game other than GMod. Common suggestions are CSGO, Arma, and Minecraft. I want you guys to tell me which games we could possibly expand to that our players would still enjoy as much as our GMod servers. Please include the game and gamemode (if there is one) in a post below. 

Peace homies! 

Edited by [GL] Zeeptin

I have files for a rust server already so it would not take to long to set up. But then again does everyone here have a good enough pc to play rust. I think minecraft would be the best as everyone would be able to play it.

+Support

I love is playing Rust

Minecraft would be awesome! Something like factions or Hunger Games.

I wouldn't mind this, possibly have multiple games on one server! I asked a couple people and they said a Factions server would be pretty cool. So im definitely gonna say Minecraft. If you are making a Minecraft server I would love to help!

Edited by Gary

Rust is currently very popular and it is pretty easy to create a successful server. I definitely think it's worth looking into.

Rust seems like a good overall option

+support

problem with games like minecraft is you really need to establish a dedicated community or else it just becomes a ghost town. Not saying that a gaminglight minecraft would fail, you just need to pick up a lot of steam for it to get rolling.

Minecraft would be cool I was a manager on a server and now I am co-owner on another, If the server gets a good kick-start it could have a lot of potential but if not you will most likely only see around 10 people on a day, The big game modes on there are Factions, and Skyblocks, As far as Rust goes I've never played it but that would be cool as well. 

Honestly if we were prepared to commit, starting a successful arma 3 server would be dope.Idk about minecraft tho, Also a cs:go like trade server would be cool, I used to be staff on one and it was actually quite easy to run and manage.

Ur boi LennyS (Get it lmao the L)

USNSCC PO2 Kenny

Manager

MilitaryRP Manager

Navy Seal Motto- "The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday!"

Trident GL.jpeg

• Manager

Minecraft would be Dank Memes. (Then i can use my auto clicker) XD. I have played Arma 2/3 For 4-5 years now and it is a hassle to get a popular server and manage it also its a game for Over 18's so have kids run around would not be the best idea.

+Support

Arma 3 takes forever to get rolling and requires a server with plenty of bandwidth usually about 2-3gb of ram per server is used from my experience. If the server can't meet the Arma 3 servers need or you have a ton of scripts(Arma life servers) it will cause de-sync and that is the biggest turn off for a server is constant de-sync. The player base even though what valk said is true is remarkably filled with young kids. I don't recommend Arma 3 since it is expensive and usually very susceptible to hackers.

• 1 month later...

Yea, I realize this thread has been dead for almost a month but.. If everyone is suggesting a Minecraft server, I used to own a popular Pixelmon server a few months ago (that I had to shut down because my host was garbage) My pixelmon server raked in like $200 in a month or two, because I put loads of attention into it and adverted it on lots of websites. the donator store for my website was REALLY thought into and included a bundle for most things (to get more people to buy stuff)

Minecraft = Little kids with their mothers credit card info ($$$)

Pixelmon mod= 50/50 young players and older players that miss playing pokemon. 

Also my favorite Minecraft server I have ever played, was a factions/war server centered around flans mod. Flans mod is a mod that adds, LOADS of weapons and vehicles from multiple different era's and it even has a Nerf Gun pack.. lol 

MilitaryRP: Retired GOA Gustard

love some rust, so +support for rust

Rex.

Csgo ba_jail, arma III altis life that what i think would be the best!

Shepard

The As Been

MilitaryRP

(As Been) Moderator

(As Been) RU GRU Commander

PoliceRP

(As Been) Lance Corporal

(As been) Gambino soldier

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” 
Albert Einstein

• Owner

Yea, I realize this thread has been dead for almost a month but.. If everyone is suggesting a Minecraft server, I used to own a popular Pixelmon server a few months ago (that I had to shut down because my host was garbage) My pixelmon server raked in like $200 in a month or two, because I put loads of attention into it and adverted it on lots of websites. the donator store for my website was REALLY thought into and included a bundle for most things (to get more people to buy stuff)

Minecraft = Little kids with their mothers credit card info ($$$)

Pixelmon mod= 50/50 young players and older players that miss playing pokemon. 

Also my favorite Minecraft server I have ever played, was a factions/war server centered around flans mod. Flans mod is a mod that adds, LOADS of weapons and vehicles from multiple different era's and it even has a Nerf Gun pack.. lol 

Yea we did a minecraft server not this past December but 2 Decembers ago and we made a couple thousand in a month. Unfortunately it was taking too much attention to maintain. 

Yea we did a minecraft server not this past December but 2 Decembers ago and we made a couple thousand in a month. Unfortunately it was taking too much attention to maintain. 

We could take eyes to a WOW private server.

USNSCC PO2 Kenny

Manager

MilitaryRP Manager

Navy Seal Motto- "The Only Easy Day, Was Yesterday!"

Trident GL.jpeg

I would like to suggest the idea of having a DayZ RP Server! Ive been playing DayZ with a big group of people within the community already and if there would be a GamingLight DayZ RP Server, that would be pretty dope. Yes there are a lot of current problems with DayZ as of now and the developers of DayZ haven't worked on it until now. The developers are now actively working on DayZ and making it better, fixing bugs, fixing everything. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement a DayZ Server but I'm sure it would be very worth it and a lot of community members would love to see this I'm sure! I have played on many DayZ RP Servers and they all were great. It requires minimum staff as in you don't really need to monitor it to make sure players stay in check and not breaking rules because usually the DayZ Community follow DayZ server rules. You could add a whitelisting system that would require you to apply to be whitelisted into the server. In RP Servers you can become anyone you want and make any background story for your character as you please. Please do consider this as there are already a good friendly group of people in the community already playing DayZ together! Thank you :)

Deadcan/Bloodyoscars

Oh, you think I'm power hungry? No, I was just born a leader while you're born a follower.

Military RP/ Retired MC BG

Remember to not indulge into the fame and let the evils take you over.

"I fight for what's right, if I don't give you any mercy, don't hate me for it, just know you were wrong and accept it."

• Bread locked this topic