Mr. Chill's Ban Appeal

Mr. Chill

Steam Name: Mr. Chill

SteamID: 3kaam

Ingame Name: Mr Chill

Ban Length: 1 week but currently 6 days

Admin that Banned you: MTF E11 Commander Zeus

Reason for Ban: Racism

Dispute: Ok so the reason why I was banned is for saying "Nibba Bean Burrito" in ooc. So while yes it may be similar to the N-Word but it is not the n-word, Now I would understand if I were to be banned if I said the n word with an A or the hard R but I didn't. Now for the reason of being banned, If I'm being banned for racism that means that I were to be being racist, and I don't know about you, but I do not think that the sentence "Nibba Bean Burrito" harbors any racist intents. Though If I had called someone a nibba that would make sense for me being banned, but 1) I never called anyone Nibba nor did I say it to anyone 2) If someone finds the word Nibba racist I feel like they may be too sensitive and probably isnt ready for the real world yet.
Now I would also like to say this, when I was saying "Nibba Bean Burrito" I did not want to harbor any racist intentions so I do apoligize  for that.

-Mr. Chill
                      Have a nice day

PS: If I can't get atleast a fully appeal which I understand If I can't could I atleast get a shortened ban time

Edited by Mr. Chill

-support   Racis machine go brr

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

I understand what you're getting at. HOWEVER, in terms of rules, what you said can be ruled to you attempting to bypass rules by changing characters in the word. Things like that don't fly here. We all agree to the rules and the community stays on good terms because of those agreements. If punishments are not properly carried out, then people can get away with a lot of things that can easily be misunderstood. It's better to just avoid them all together. You received punishment to avoid anyone being able to do the same. So in conclusion, your statement is racist. It's just like trying to bypass a swear filter is a game targeted to younger kids. You'll still get in trouble. Wait out your ban.

-Support

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

3 hours ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

I understand what you're getting at. HOWEVER, in terms of rules, what you said can be ruled to you attempting to bypass rules by changing characters in the word. Things like that don't fly here. We all agree to the rules and the community stays on good terms because of those agreements. If punishments are not properly carried out, then people can get away with a lot of things that can easily be misunderstood. It's better to just avoid them all together. You received punishment to avoid anyone being able to do the same. So in conclusion, your statement is racist. It's just like trying to bypass a swear filter is a game targeted to younger kids. You'll still get in trouble. Wait out your ban.

-Support

I would like to counter this by saying, would I get introuble for saying frick instead of f**k, or crap instead of s**t, so shouldnt you ban those saying frick or crap cuz they are trying to bypass the "excessive use of foul language", cuz frick and crap are what people say instead, and again how is it racist when 1) I didnt even use it in a racist term like i legit wasnt even trying to use the n word there ive just said that a lot man, and 2) like its nibba how would anyone find the word nibba racist when someone isnt using it towards someone

Lemme add something else the fact that im being banned for a week for a joke with no intent of being racist as I said before, I have but like 10 or so hours on this server and had intended of putting more before school started, so atleast could my ban be shortened

Edited by Mr. Chill

22 minutes ago, Comrade Boekhom said:

-support   Racis machine go brr

Not a single person tolerates racism, if you try to bypass racist sayings by changing words, that still is racism bruh.

Your actions have consequences, I see the ban as valid.

Massive -Support

Edit: I know I seem harsh but still, people get offended easily and nobody wants their day ruined by a person making a joke about their skin color or anything like that.

Edited by [GL] loudyfam (Jack S)

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

19 minutes ago, Mr. Chill said:

I would like to counter this by saying, would I get introuble for saying frick instead of f**k, or crap instead of s**t, so shouldnt you ban those saying frick or crap cuz they are trying to bypass the "excessive use of foul language", cuz frick and crap are what people say instead, and again how is it racist when 1) I didnt even use it in a racist term like i legit wasnt even trying to use the n word there ive just said that a lot man, and 2) like its nibba how would anyone find the word nibba racist when someone isnt using it towards someone

I know you weren't trying to use it in a racist way. My IRL friends and I joke like that all the time. But that's because we all know no one in the group will get offended. When in public or around people that aren't apart of our normal circle, we don't say anything like that at all, out of respect to the people around us. We don't know whether or not they'll get upset or not, but it's not worth to test the waters like that. I have a very dark sense of humor, but I don't go around telling the jokes that I personally find funny due to the possibility of offending some. You gotta remember not everyone thinks like you. 

So even if your intentions weren't derogatory, it still has the chance of offending. 

This will be my last response as I already put my initial support in my previous post. 

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda
  • Like 1

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

-Support
It doesn't matter whether you were implying it in a racist manner or not. It's still a racial slur.
Even though it was somewhat censored, it's still highly against the rules. Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, etc. are prohibited here, and you were punish accordingly.

Edited by Starstep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Starstep said:

-Support
It doesn't matter whether you were implying it in a racist manner or not. It's still a racial slur.
Even though it was somewhat censored, it's still highly against the rules. Racism, Homophobia, Transphobia, etc. are prohibited here, and you were punish accordingly.

-Support

Just wait out the ban and learn from your mistakes 

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

10 minutes ago, Starstep said:

-Support

as long as you come back knowing what you did was wrong you try to grow from it, you'll be fine.

• Gaminglight Love 1

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

8 minutes ago, MiniLeopard said:

-Support

Just wait out the ban and learn from your mistakes 

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

I am struggling to keep my patience while writing this 

1 hour ago, Mr. Chill said:

I don't know about you, but I do not think that the sentence "Nibba Bean Burrito" harbors any racist intents.

Actually I don't mean to be a whiny fuck about this but "Nibba" is a word meant to represent a racial slur meaning there are racist intents also wtf is the Bean Burrito part for seriously , why are you sayin "nibba" then talking about bean burritos ???? 

Edited by Dragin

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

48 minutes ago, Mr. Chill said:

I would like to counter this by saying, would I get introuble for saying frick instead of f**k, or crap instead of s**t, so shouldnt you ban those saying frick or crap cuz they are trying to bypass the "excessive use of foul language"

Except you can swear on the server. Just not sending a single message with a dozen swear words at once.

1 hour ago, Mr. Chill said:

"Nibba Bean Burrito"

So what was your reason for saying this then?

Also, you failed to provide your SteamID. Please update your appeal to provide your SteamID.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

-support
Ok so 1. Yes that counts as a racial slur.
2. You obviously meant it as a racial slur.
3. The meaning behind that word is still the same, just because you change the arrangement of letters slightly doesn't mean shit
4. The difference between the N-word and slight variations of it are not even close to normal cuss words. You can't compare them and using that as an argument is childish.
5. Saying if someone found it racist even tho "TECHNICALLY" it isn't the word and saying it's their problem is again, not an excuse or valid argument.
6. You implying that this can be seen as a racial slur is more than enough evidence to implement this ban. For future reference if you have to think about doing something that could get you warned or seen as something bad, don't do it.
7. You even stated a slight tweak in the word you said can be seen as racist even from your point of view, just no.

I can't even fathom how wrong this appeal is and everything about it. This is a hard no from me and I'm guessing everyone else who has seen this post.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.