Allow Class-D to breach 280 - Denied

[GL] Jack I the One & Only

What are you suggesting? -  Class-D (Preferably with keycards) should be able to turn of the lights, else 280 breaches are impossible for Class-D.

How would this change better the server? - Fairness

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - n/a 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Class-D

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - n/a

edit - suggestion is flexible, i'd hope the Class-D would have to call an admin and /roll like CI

This suggestion also has nothing to do with lockdown/teslas, this is about the ability to breach SCPs...

Edited by [GL] Jack I the One & Only

TCM Jack CI Heinz / J03 Italian Mob Boss Zepelli 😳Former CI Research Administrator Heinz - Not [REDACTED] Researcher   

-support

Now hear me out. I believe that this would be abused, particularly if there’s not many MTF online. This is because I believe that a d-class can easily make it to EZ. The reason CI have to roll to turn off the lights is to prevent easy abuse, as well as in RP it wouldn’t be a simple button it would be navigating a computer system, which class D wouldn’t know how to do. Maybe if we added a system where you had to roll super high (higher than CI’s 60+, maybe 80+) I’d +support it, maybe. But, if you add a rule that allows d-class to turn off the lights it’ll snowball into Tesla’s and then lockdown, which would be way too chaotic. 

28 minutes ago, October said:

-support

Now hear me out. I believe that this would be abused, particularly if there’s not many MTF online. This is because I believe that a d-class can easily make it to EZ. The reason CI have to roll to turn off the lights is to prevent easy abuse, as well as in RP it wouldn’t be a simple button it would be navigating a computer system, which class D wouldn’t know how to do. Maybe if we added a system where you had to roll super high (higher than CI’s 60+, maybe 80+) I’d +support it, maybe. But, if you add a rule that allows d-class to turn off the lights it’ll snowball into Tesla’s and then lockdown, which would be way too chaotic. 

I think it should be CIs roll of 60+ I mean what can they do when they turn it off MTF is very close by and can just turn it back and D class are not CI they most likely will not last long against an MTF unit plus class D have keypad crackers why would they have those why would they have guns some things just don’t make sense but MEGA +SUPPORT this like you can’t breach 280 unless the lights are off meaning you have too turn off the lights as 280 too do so but 280 should be able too be breached so What I’m thinking is if you call staff for the breach and roll higher than a 60+ the lights would turn off and 280 would be breached because like any mtf unit would just close the door or turn back the lights if you unlock the door and then go too turn off the lights any mtf unit on your way their can just close the door and if you turn off the lights and then open the door then any MTF unit can just turn the lights back on so yea +SUPPORT

Edited by pixalgamer99

2 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

because like any mtf unit would just close the door or turn back the lights

You need a 2LT+’s perms to touch anything in the electrical room (unless there’s no officer on, then the highest on can give perms to turn the lights back on). 

2 hours ago, October said:

-support

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

On 8/29/2020 at 2:15 PM, October said:

You need a 2LT+’s perms to touch anything in the electrical room (unless there’s no officer on, then the highest on can give perms to turn the lights back on). 

Well I mean it’s not like you have too walk over too then ask we have TS and /MTF so it’s not hard for them too

Edited by pixalgamer99

14 hours ago, October said:

-support

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

I actually really like this idea I get it would be annoying too deal with sometimes but D class don’t get out often it’s not a lot of time I mean it’s quite rare it happens when CI raids and that’s usually it or Gensec is under staffed but any MTF unit could just walk in and turn that lights back on so like it’s not like it’s that annoying too deal with so I +support this and mabye if we could make it mabye like his door controls the thing so it’s not nearly impossible too breach him

On 8/29/2020 at 8:38 AM, October said:

-support

Technically you could call an admin to turn off lights to allow it to breach, but just another thing for them to keep up with. And just doesn't sound too fun having the lights to be turned off so easily. Might as well stick to self breaching. 

-Support

Edited by [GL] Fizz-y Soda

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

-support , Theirs been times no MTF are on, or if on its very low ranks an not knowing what to do, Class D thrive during that time so them being able to crack the door an just shut it off would cause alot of pain an , Self breaching alot better

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

• 3 weeks later...