Lower the prices on the DeathScreens - Denied

Gunther

What are you suggesting? - Lower the prices of the Ingame Cash Death Screens as they are extremely overpriced. Note: I just heard of em a few days ago, so I don't know if they are suppose to be this expensive, or when they were added.

How would this change better the server? - Unless you own a CC, you won't ever make enough money to buy one, especially when they can be as much as $1,500,000. Lowering the prices make them more affordable and actually buyable.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I suppose the really, really expensive ones lose their 'God-tier rarity'.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support
What else besides gambling and armory are you gonna user your money on? Deathcards is another way to spend your money other than just hoarding it up. It just makes since for some of these to be expensive.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

3 minutes ago, Catsro said:

-Support
What else besides gambling and armory are you gonna user your money on? Deathcards is another way to spend your money other than just hoarding it up. It just makes since for some of these to be expensive.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

25 minutes ago, Catsro said:

-Support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

9 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm saying, UNLESS YOU OWN A CC, earning enough money to buy any of em will take forever. They are extremely expensive, costing anywhere from 50k or more. Hell, even with a CC, some are in 100,000's. Also, you just contradicted yourself, you said, "its another to spend your money other than just hoarding it up", but to actually buy any of them, that's quite literally what you have to do, hoard your money.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

15 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

6 hours ago, Gunther said:

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm saying, UNLESS YOU OWN A CC, earning enough money to buy any of em will take forever. They are extremely expensive, costing anywhere from 50k or more. Hell, even with a CC, some are in 100,000's. Also, you just contradicted yourself, you said, "its another to spend your money other than just hoarding it up", but to actually buy any of them, that's quite literally what you have to do, hoard your money.

To have them that high of a price would build more incentive to grind for it. You could end up in this scenario: "Hey man that deathcard looks cool but I just bought one I guess I'll just grind enough money to buy it". CCs might be a way to increase this process but again not everyone has one which really mutes the point of bring that up in regards to your quote. Decreasing the cost of these deathcards makes the cards less valuable and more abundant which would lead on to the cards being something that everyone already has making things less unique. Its not even fair to bring up the goose one cause its pretty obvious that its a joke deathcard worth 1.5 mil.

SCPRP Head Admin | Ex SCPRP Event Team Leader |  Ex CI LTCMDR |  O5-13 Catsro

16 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

27 minutes ago, Catsro said:

To have them that high of a price would build more incentive to grind for it. You could end up in this scenario: "Hey man that deathcard looks cool but I just bought one I guess I'll just grind enough money to buy it". CCs might be a way to increase this process but again not everyone has one which really mutes the point of bring that up in regards to your quote. Decreasing the cost of these deathcards makes the cards less valuable and more abundant which would lead on to the cards being something that everyone already has making things less unique. Its not even fair to bring up the goose one cause its pretty obvious that its a joke deathcard worth 1.5 mil.

-Support

I think the deathcards prices are ok, tbh I think only one is priced over $1m "could be wrong"

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

17 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

Wait I thought he meant the price in the store how do you buy death cards 

8 hours ago, Gunther said:

That’s why people host those little goals medical research has test log goals E11 like just hosted a training goal you get paid randomly research sometimes does challenge test logs theirs usually a way too make money oh and CI sells their SCPs for cash

3 hours ago, Catsro said:

CCs might be a way to increase this process but again not everyone has one which really mutes the point of bring that up in regards to your quote.

That is exactly my point, not everyone has a CC, so regular grinding would gain you like 17k after 6-7 hours, maybe? And these things cost anywhere from 50k to 1.5 million. However, even with a CC, some of them would take weeks of AFK grinding. And yea, that one is 1.5 million, but a good portion of them cost 100k or more. Keep in mind, these aren't Donator cards, these are regular things that anyone can buy with in-game cash, although how long it takes is another story, so that mutes the part of 'something being less valuable and more abundant which would lead on to the cards being something that everyone already has making things less unique.'

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

And these things cost anywhere from 50k to 1.5 million.

correction 50K->225k, that george the goose one is literally a joke as previously stated, to use that price as a point of your opinion is laughable

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

5 minutes ago, pixelated pancakes said:

correction 50K->225k, that george the goose one is literally a joke as previously stated, to use that price as a point of your opinion is laughable

So I'm still correct. 50k to 1.5 million. The goose costs 1.5 million. So you pointing this out is irrelevant. And you say its a joke, but its an obtainable object, albeit it very expensive object, then my point is still valid.

Edit: Why did i say object? I meant feature? Effect?

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

21 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

They are not meant to be easy to get or everyone would have one

Does it affect your gameplay? No, so why on earth does it need to be cheap? they are here for you to have a use for massive amounts of money instead of just that money being a bragging right the cards are.

If you dont want to grind cool, you can keep the base card 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

22 hours ago, Catsro said:

-Support

Retired MTF Nu7 LTCOL| Retired Nu7 HFTO | Retired OH1 |  Retired Admin | French Canadian Man
Custom Classes: Raptor Team Jeff the killer

On 8/26/2020 at 2:22 PM, Catsro said:

-Support

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

On 8/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, Rangiatea said:

They are not meant to be easy to get or everyone would have one

Does it affect your gameplay? No, so why on earth does it need to be cheap? they are here for you to have a use for massive amounts of money instead of just that money being a bragging right the cards are.

If you dont want to grind cool, you can keep the base card 

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin