General Suggestion - SCP-035-1 Complete Revamp - Accepted

Disgraced Merchant

What are you suggesting? - SCP-035-1 Class complete revamp (explained below)

How would this change better the server? - It would make SCP-035-1 actually playable and FUN to play on.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Well, it would take awhile to balance it out (incase these changes are a little too high, but instead of that no. People shouldn't really complain about this.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - SCP-035-1 and SCPs

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

N/A

Alright, lets face it

SCP-035-1 is an unplayable SCP class.

Here are it's MANY problems:

1.  The SCP-035-1 SWEP is completely useless. After lots of playtime on the class I have always found myself inflicting little to no damage to ANYONE with armor and ONLY 50% damage to someone without armor. Please note that these observations were made after I swung at them at least over 30 TIMES. It's hit registration is absolutely horrible when the person you are trying to attack is jumping and running around you with a shotgun (especially when they bump in to your and trigger the player collision which causes a brief a weird lag effect for some reason). Anyways, for an SCP who is able to leak literal viscous acid from their body that will melt through humans very fast, they are incredibly weak with this SWEP.
  2. The hitbox to the model has no Limb Damage. With an MTF with a shotgun shooting at you at point blank (mainly because they know you won't be able to kill them), it absolutely demolishes health and armor in seconds.
  3. This "manipulation/possession" rule is literally impossible. Out of 99% of the people I have encountered, I have ran up to them and they immediately start shooting me because they see "SCP-035-1". They shoot immediately and never see ,or completely ignore, the "/me" that can initiate the manipulation on somebody. Also the rolls are a hindrance as well. The rolls are way too high for SCP-035-1's known impact. What I mean is, for a cognitohazard that can get inside anyone head in lore, these rolls make that basically impossible.  In ONE occurrence where I was actually able to  possess an MTF, it took me 5 tries (thats 25 minutes of waiting!). In a normal circumstance, the MTF/Personnel would have left, shot me, or ran away already. If I were to possess a GENSEC/Research they would get shot and be dead within seconds.
  4. Simply, SCP-035 is not even remotely close to as dangerous as it should be

What I would change/add:

1. Fix the SWEP for these things exactly:
  • Make the SWEP hit radius/ hit detection better. When SCP-035 swings his arm, generally his viscous liquid will fling off of his arm and onto the person as well. Increase the radius (and maybe the length, just a little) of how it can hit someone.
  • Up the damage. Make it so I can actually get close to killing an armored personnel instead of hitting them 31 times, dying, then seeing they still have 150 health. 
  • If possible (which is tough because it would require development), make a feature that slowly damages someone overtime after being hit (like a bleeding effect). This would make sense because of the viscous liquid that would leak onto the person during the attack

2.   Fix the health/armor to this:

• 375 health and 275 armor. Look at it this way. When someone is possessed by SCP-035, they lose all feeling and basically die. Their memories and thoughts become his and they become HIM. Now, if SCP-035 were to get shot, he won't go down like a normal human. He will charge just like a zombie until the host is neutralized by sustaining enough damage or a shot to the head. The body is already decaying due to the viscous liquid leaking out of the mask, so nothing really hurts him. 

3. For the love of god, please do something to fix the "/me" system to manipulate someone. Here are some suggestions for this:

• In my honest opinion, typing a "/me" into chat is completely useless. It can only be enforced AFTER the situation is over because someone has probably already murdered you without reading chat. Someone I talked to before writing this said "Yeah, when I'm in combat I would never read chat". People on this server (most of the time) think "shoot first, ask questions later.".  The system to manipulate someone should be changed from the "/me" system.
  • Honestly, whatever you change the manipulation role play aspect to, just make it clear as day. Make it so the person on the other end of SCP-035-1's manipulation KNOWS 110% that they being manipulated. Maybe make/find a SWEP that puts a temporary effect on someones screen so they KNOW that theyre being possessed. Or make it to where 035 can type and it will show up big on someones screen saying that they're  being possessed (in the vicinity obviously. Im not exactly sure, maybe you all have better ideas but please do something about it, its so bad.
  • Lower the rolls (or boost the rolls on SCP-03-15 idk how roll system works lol). Either change it to 50+ for everyone to possess them or make it 45+ for researchers/gensec and 50/55+ for MTF/CI. Its a pain trying to manipulate someone as is.
  • Make it so you can manipulate more than one person AT A TIME. If there is a group of lets say, 3 people (or 2, it sounds more fair), you would be able to attempt to possess both of them at the same time if you roll high enough. (one roll). It would really make SCP-035-1 a greater threat. I believe that the max number of people you can control should stay at 5 though. 
  • Im not sure if this is in MOTD or not (i didnt see it), but you should make it so when you control someone, you can have them leave you and you can still mind control them even when theyre away from you. (for example: If I control an Om9 in my cell and they get let out and I stay in my cell, I would be able to PM them what to do, such as turning off the power and then coming back down to get me (which would also let out 280 hehe.). Basically, mind control from across the facility.
  • Maybe lower the amount of time until you can mind control someone again to 3 minutes? Unless amount of people you can at one time is added 

4. Final thing: This would be a huge project, but take everything above and KEEP it for SCP-035-1, but somehow implement SCP-035 (the mask itself). I remember longgggg ago that Concordia SCP had a beautiful mechanic on how to roleplay as SCP-035 AND SCp-035-1. He was one of the most dangerous Keter's on site. It would require some development but it would be amazing in the end. (more info on that if u ask me i guess lol)

If these things aren't fixed, you'd might as well just take SCP-035-1 out of the server lmao

Let me hear your thoughts!

EDITS:

You could possibly add a regeneration feature to SCP-035 (since his viscous acid fills his wounds and is produced via his mask). It would be very slow, but I believe it could be nice

Also, you could change the /me system (if keeping it) to just roll higher then the other person. This way it would completely randomize the chance you get to control them (since its them rolling against being controlled).

I would also strongly suggest that you remove the rule that if combat was initiated then I cant do the /me   it makes it literally impossible to run up to someone or even surprise them. I always hide around corners and jump out and before my BIND can even register in chat, they've already shot me, making it a really dumb implemantation

Edited by Scoron

+Support For everything besides this

1 hour ago, Scoron said:

45+ for researchers/gensec and 50/55+ for MTF/CI. Its a pain trying to manipulate someone as is.

i wouldnt say 55+ for all mtf /cior 45+ for all researchers / gensec in general, command members should be atleast 65+ as they have level 3/4 keycards, and high command should be 75+-80+ as they have level 5 / level 4 keycards

(also little note, the higher ranking the person the better weaponry they have so basically the higher rank your host/ victim is the better meat shields they are for you)

Edited by pixelated pancakes
  • Like 1

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

2 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

and high command should be 75+-80+ as they have level 5 / level 4 keycards

All hcmd only have level 4. Only people with level 5 are SF, site admin, 05 and such. +support tho because this would be pog.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+ Support

My favorite SCP gets a buff?

YES.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+Support

A lot of work has been put into this!

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

1 hour ago, MiniLeopard said:

+Support

A lot of work has been put into this!

I gotta agree, despite the fact that SCPs are meant to be dangerous, sometimes immortal, creatures and objects, they are heavily underpowered in the server. 096? Get behind, roll, and bag it. Too easy. 049? Two guns and a cuff. Bam. 173? 3 people and a cuff. Bam. Even the new SCP sounds easy to recontain, either the lights come back on, or 4 Maglights shine it. Its like 457 but with lights.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

7 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

+Support For everything besides this

i wouldnt say 55+ for all mtf /cior 45+ for all researchers / gensec in general, command members should be atleast 65+ as they have level 3/4 keycards, and high command should be 75+-80+ as they have level 5 / level 4 keycards

(also little note, the higher ranking the person the better weaponry they have so basically the higher rank your host/ victim is the better meat shields they are for you)

+Support

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

+Support for asfar as its possible. I'm affraid that not all of this will be, but hey, some of this would already be a good start.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support for a partial implementation

if all of these were implemented it would be horrible.

On 8/26/2020 at 6:19 AM, Scoron said:
  1. Fix the SWEP for these things exactly:
  • 1. Make the SWEP hit radius/ hit detection better. When SCP-035 swings his arm, generally his viscous liquid will fling off of his arm and onto the person as well. Increase the radius (and maybe the length, just a little) of how it can hit someone.
  • 2. Up the damage. Make it so I can actually get close to killing an armored personnel instead of hitting them 31 times, dying, then seeing they still have 150 health. 

• 3. If possible (which is tough because it would require development), make a feature that slowly damages someone overtime after being hit (like a bleeding effect). This would make sense because of the viscous liquid that would leak onto the person during the attack

(I added numbers making this easier to refrence)

1 and 2 are the same problem, hitreg is why it's making a hit sound whilst doing no damage. I want to say atm the swep does 100+ damage but i don't play the scp much.

3 is (IMO) too much work for too little pay off along with adding more problems

2.   Fix the health/armor to this:

• 375 health and 275 armor. Look at it this way. When someone is possessed by SCP-035, they lose all feeling and basically die. Their memories and thoughts become his and they become HIM. Now, if SCP-035 were to get shot, he won't go down like a normal human. He will charge just like a zombie until the host is neutralized by sustaining enough damage or a shot to the head. The body is already decaying due to the viscous liquid leaking out of the mask, so nothing really hurts him. 

I personally think this along with the swep giving a speed buff would be the best change to implement as it makes 035-1 more durable while the speed buff would allow him to close gaps quicker while also being able to run away or sneak better.
(also having a higher speed makes it possible to chase down mtf relatively easily as you can collide your model with theirs which gives the swep a significantly better chance of hitting) 

3. For the love of god, please do something to fix the "/me" system to manipulate someone. Here are some suggestions for this:

• 1. In my honest opinion, typing a "/me" into chat is completely useless. It can only be enforced AFTER the situation is over because someone has probably already murdered you without reading chat. Someone I talked to before writing this said "Yeah, when I'm in combat I would never read chat". People on this server (most of the time) think "shoot first, ask questions later.".  The system to manipulate someone should be changed from the "/me" system.
  • 2. Honestly, whatever you change the manipulation role play aspect to, just make it clear as day. Make it so the person on the other end of SCP-035-1's manipulation KNOWS 110% that they being manipulated. Maybe make/find a SWEP that puts a temporary effect on someones screen so they KNOW that theyre being possessed. Or make it to where 035 can type and it will show up big on someones screen saying that they're  being possessed (in the vicinity obviously. Im not exactly sure, maybe you all have better ideas but please do something about it, its so bad.
  • 3. Lower the rolls (or boost the rolls on SCP-03-15 idk how roll system works lol). Either change it to 50+ for everyone to possess them or make it 45+ for researchers/gensec and 50/55+ for MTF/CI. Its a pain trying to manipulate someone as is.
  • 4. Make it so you can manipulate more than one person AT A TIME. If there is a group of lets say, 3 people (or 2, it sounds more fair), you would be able to attempt to possess both of them at the same time if you roll high enough. (one roll). It would really make SCP-035-1 a greater threat. I believe that the max number of people you can control should stay at 5 though. 
  •  
  • 5. Im not sure if this is in MOTD or not (i didnt see it), but you should make it so when you control someone, you can have them leave you and you can still mind control them even when theyre away from you. (for example: If I control an Om9 in my cell and they get let out and I stay in my cell, I would be able to PM them what to do, such as turning off the power and then coming back down to get me (which would also let out 280 hehe.). Basically, mind control from across the facility.
  • 6. Maybe lower the amount of time until you can mind control someone again to 3 minutes? Unless amount of people you can at one time is added 

(once again I'm numbering these to point them out easier)

1. would take either heavy change or you just make a bind in order to jump people, because rp'ing once you're in combat shouldn't be allowed
but it is a problem that more kinda needs a more serious rp server to implement

2. this tends to be up to one of those involved to make sure. Since being possessed is essentially an rdm pass so a good amount of people like for it to happen. 

3. I agree with them being lowered by 10 for each, they used to be a lot higher 

4. 2 would be max although this would have a very large chance of being broken since you could posses 2 people with guns and have them fear rp more for possession

5. MOTD says: Influenced personnel must obey 035-1, stay near him, and defend him at all costs. this would be a terrible idea

6. would be interesting for balance

TLDR: only about half of this would be good for implementation for multiple reasons but overall 035-1 does need a buff and there are multiple ways to do so

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

On 8/26/2020 at 1:37 PM, [GL] loudyfam (Jack S) said:

+ Support

My favorite SCP gets a buff?

YES.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

On 8/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, Falxen said:

+Support for asfar as its possible. I'm affraid that not all of this will be, but hey, some of this would already be a good start.

[SCP-RP] Retired: CI RND DHOR/RA/CIN,  Engineer/OS, Omi9 Maj, SET.

[IMP-RP] Previous: CMO Captain, SFL, Tank VCMDR Shock VCMDR GMVIII

Officially Married to Mary 2/23/23

EMPRESS OF D-BLOCK

+Support

I haven't seen many people play on 035, this could probably help more people play it. 

Also, the one time I've encountered it, I've had a lot of fun being possessed, and I'd like to have more experiences like that.

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 6:42 AM, Fat Payton | [GL] said:

+support

yeah i love 035 but its hard to do cause no one listens to the moind control rule

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 7:19 AM, Scoron said:

Up the damage

Done

Make the SWEP hit radius/ hit detection better

This should be significantly better now, spent about an hour re-doing the SWEP.

375 health and 275 armor

Done

Honestly, whatever you change the manipulation role play aspect to, just make it clear as day. Make it so the person on the other end of SCP-035-1's manipulation KNOWS 110% that they being manipulated. Maybe make/find a SWEP that puts a temporary effect on someones screen so they KNOW that theyre being possessed.

While possible, not practical for me to do at this time.

----------------------------

@Rookieblue some rule changes for you

Make it so you can manipulate more than one person AT A TIME

Groups of 2 people are fine

Lower the rolls (or boost the rolls on SCP-03-15 idk how roll system works lol). Either change it to 50+ for everyone to possess them or make it 45+ for researchers/gensec and 50/55+ for MTF/CI. Its a pain trying to manipulate someone as is.

Let's lower the rolls required

• Like 1

big cat running GIF