I feel We Need a New D-Block - Denied

Sir Willy

The D-Block system we have is terrible. We all log onto Gaminglight for RP, right?  Well, the D-Block system we currently have does not promote role play. The guards are completely separated from the D-Class to where you sometimes cannot even hear them. I think this is a problem because it negates a ton of rp and conversation. I have a system that if it is tweaked, it would change d-block for the better. All I ask is an open mind and your opinion, let's begin.

The Rundown:

My system is to have the D-Class in close proximity to the guards and make D-Class have a reason to riot/run. This accomplishes 2 things, it encourages conversation between security and since D-Class are in close proximity to security, it makes them think. If they were a D-Class, would that be a reason to riot and risk your lives for?  Another glaring problem that I see is the  D-Class CC's which really promotes 1 thing, a tdm. The whole point of a D-Class CC is to be strong and have a gun, something that other D-Class don't have. Maybe, we can reform CC's so that they don't promote a TDM fest. This would help with the amount of rp coming from D-Block.  I am not suggesting a removal off CC's but a reform of them, I will elaborate on this later. I also suggest knives being sold to the D-Class in lower D-Block. You may be asking, if weapons are more available to d-class, what stops them from immediately rioting? The system I mentioned before helps us with this because security has to mess up in order to create an opportunity to riot.

My Suggestion for the Reform of D-Block:

D-Block should be smaller, like a lot smaller with only one or two fence openings so you could go in or out of.  CC's should be made in a way where they are not specifically designed kill security, but promote rp in a unique way. It would be something interesting like a quirk. For example, the Jokerz CC  except they spawned in D-Block, but only have a keycard instead of a gun. Maybe, a chef CC that actually cooked and sold pizza's for money down at lower D-Block who could hire a cook or a server to bus? the tables. Friendly fire may be an issue, this is why you might consider putting less people in the confined space inside of d-block but station a few outside to protect it. This system would require less people to run D-Block, freeing more people for patrols. If the security inside messes up, they would have nobody to blame but themselves and gives a chance for D-Class to escape. MTF could also be called if needed as usual.  D-Class could request medical attention and if it is consistently denied, that could be a reason to riot.  You could come up with many other ways that would aggravate the D-Class that the security do.

Conclusion: 

This suggestion is not set in stone, it can be formed and molded many different ways, for better or worse. What I want is a lot more rp in D-Block and less gun fights and silence. The worst thing that can happen is someone excited to RP as an OFC and all they do is sit at a barricade in silence while shooting the occasional D-Class, then leave and never come back. If someone could work this out correctly, this would change the dynamic of D-Block itself and it would definitely be for the better. Changing this would be for the better of security, D-Class, and maybe MTF.

Your Mom's House

-Will

Edited by Sir Willy

You are breaking my immersion

-support. No. Just no. A small d block would make it so A. Gensec would friendly fire and crossfire more, and B. Die a hell of a lot more often then they do because the d class are in their face. Also on the CC part, I don't know a single mf out there that would pay 100$ +additions to have a fucking RP d class. Additionally, if you get a fucking keycard on a d class, the second you get out, thats a instant ticket to breach a ton of scps.  

MTF E11 VCMDR Mateo C0RN

- Support D-Block is perfectly fine as it is right now, Reforming it would take a lot of time and just make this situation bad for both Gensec and D-Class, also about D-Class CCs, Everyone that paid for them would lose their money, It's just not a good Idea..

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

14 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

if you want more RP go to a RP branch such as research, utility, or CI RnD. If you want RP as D-class then hop in the research line and RP with a researcher.

Facts.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

-Support, for effectively the same reasoning as Rang.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

47 minutes ago, God Emperor Drip said:

-support Lol 

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

46 minutes ago, Rangiatea said:

From a RP standpoint this idea isnt bad, however, i can list a few issues with this

1. D class CCs have paid for their weapons and restricting when they can riot would cause MANY problems on the SMT front 

2.  From what I can tell based on my quick read D class wouldnt just be able to riot whenever they want, from a RP side I like this but from a management side this would very easily kill our d class population which is a significant amount of the server 

3 lastly making D block smaller, IF we were to do this making D block smaller wouldnt be the worst but i doubt this idea ever happening

overall from a basic "I want more RP" standpoint yes this idea is great, from the standpoint of D class, GENSEC and management this idea is extremely bad 

We are one of if not the only server that allows D class this much freedom to act and have it be so easy to escape, this has given us massive amounts of players who play D class, changing this would easily change how the biggest "branch" of the server plays and would ultimately be a step in the wrong direction for our player count

If we were a more RP serious server this would make a lot more sense, but we are semi serious.

Perfect way to say that honestly.

1 hour ago, Rangiatea said:

From a RP standpoint this idea isnt bad, however, i can list a few issues with this

1. D class CCs have paid for their weapons and restricting when they can riot would cause MANY problems on the SMT front 

2.  From what I can tell based on my quick read D class wouldnt just be able to riot whenever they want, from a RP side I like this but from a management side this would very easily kill our d class population which is a significant amount of the server 

3 lastly making D block smaller, IF we were to do this making D block smaller wouldnt be the worst but i doubt this idea ever happening

overall from a basic "I want more RP" standpoint yes this idea is great, from the standpoint of D class, GENSEC and management this idea is extremely bad 

We are one of if not the only server that allows D class this much freedom to act and have it be so easy to escape, this has given us massive amounts of players who play D class, changing this would easily change how the biggest "branch" of the server plays and would ultimately be a step in the wrong direction for our player count

If we were a more RP serious server this would make a lot more sense, but we are semi serious.

I understand this would take a enormous amount of time. Yeah taking the guns from the CC is a bad idea however I will stand by the fact that they make D-Block some kind of tdm. Thanks everyone for the replies

You are breaking my immersion

2 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

He said it best!

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Rangiatea said:

Perfectly put, LIKE A QUOTE FROM THE BIBLE 😮 

On 8/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, Rangiatea said:

^^^^ 

-support 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

all that coloring doesn't stop this from being a bad idea

On 8/25/2020 at 4:55 PM, Rangiatea said:

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

again, like everyone's said... -support
Again. Its a good idea... from an RP standpoint. the only reason D-Class is this popular is because of something i like to call. "Freedom of Combat" where we can fight whatever the hell we want
unless the price for SPECIFICALLY RP CC'S is significantly lowered. then, no, let us battle our civil war with the gensec.

The God Gamer of the Shitpost Squadron    

On 8/25/2020 at 5:55 PM, Rangiatea said:

osu! achiever? I don't know

D class just like too riot limiting when they can riot would make it so almost no one played D class witch would mean MTF wouldn’t be able too stop breach’s, CI would have no reason too raid D block, Research wouldn’t be able too get people for test same with medical research. And just that small change alone would kill the server and D class CCs are meant too be dangerous their supposed too kill people.a smaller D block would make D class killing much easier but also friendly fire And that’s already a problem in D block. D class requesting medical aid makes no sense like D class are dangerous and risking a medics life too heal someone who would must likely die in testing makes no sense. And about D block being a TDM I even talked too a guy stating it is not it has its moments were it is a TDM but other than that it’s mostly calm research and MTF get their class D and move on the class D sometimes really want too be tested on.

-SUPPORT The changes stated would must likely make the server die because research and medical research would have no test subjects meaning a lot less test meaning a lot less research then MTF would have no one too prevent breach’s, and Gensec would have no one too gaurd, everyone would just be waiting for a CI raid just too have something interesting and RDM would get much more common just because people were bored

EDIT: also sometimes D class see a good opportunity too riot like if a lot of gensec have died or CI got into D block perfect time but making it so hey like you can’t riot until 30 minutes is up and uh you died after that 20 minutes too bad

Edited by pixalgamer99

On 8/25/2020 at 2:55 PM, Rangiatea said:

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas