Riot Shields vs SCPs - Denied

Bomber

What are you suggesting? - To make it so that no one can use a riot shield against any SCP

How would this change better the server? - It would make it so that scps can hit anyone without a fairly thin piece of polycarbonate getting in the way

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I Believe that there are none 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - The SCPs

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Lmao

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Current: Nu-7 VCMDR

Former: E-11 VCMDR/LT-COL totally didn't get demoted || Event Team Member || CI SFTO 2LT

CCs: Snoop Dog Owner || Previous Rho-36 Occult Operative || Used to be Reznov || CI TF2 Heavy || MTF Zeta-0 'Caste Gates' || Tango-12 'Forgiving Hand'

French Canadian man || Mbappé fan in the making

I would say for certain SCPs yes, but not for example 682, I don't think a riot shield should be able to stop a monster like him.

SO +/- Support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

This would be so hard to manage as Staff and also I dont think this should be a rule.

The server isnt gonna always be 100% RP Friendly.
An Example is: 096 is able to be stopped by closing a checkpoint on him, or 682 Being shot and then tranq'd or even 939 not being able to kill someone whom they run into. Ah you get my point.

-Support

23 minutes ago, [GL] Mike said:

This would be so hard to manage as Staff and also I dont think this should be a rule.

An Example is: 096 is able to be stopped by closing a checkpoint on him, or 682 Being shot and then tranq'd or even 939 not being able to kill someone whom they run into. Ah you get my point.

-Support

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

1 hour ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

also scps have had to deal with this since its been added and its not been a big issue and not that cheap to use against them yes it feels unfair some times but i havent seen an scp complain about the riot shield that many times (as in complaining in OOC or TS)

1 hour ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

2 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-Support, this would be  yet another thing only provable by recordings.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

4 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

-support
It's literally impossible to make it where a specific gun/weapon can go through the riot shield. Making this a rule would just be a nightmare to staff, only able to punish people with video evidence. Not to mention people pay real money for it but I do understand how it can be frustrating but you gotta just deal with it.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

14 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

Well I mean that last part reminded me of MTF walking into me when I was infil and off too the side so they could call thermals but I mean that last part would be easy too abuse if implemented 

On 8/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

On 8/21/2020 at 5:22 AM, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

On 8/21/2020 at 8:43 AM, Falxen said:

-Support
I don't really see this being a problem in the first place to make a rule against it, unless I am wrong? but also what other people have said. ^^^

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

On 8/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

Doctor | E11 SM / Senior Ranger Salami Lid | Moderator / Ex Event Team

"In this world you either crank that soulja boy or it cranks you" - Some Philosopher 

As much it makes sense rping, it couldnt be enforced ever unless ur recording soon you get breached or screenshots

-support

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

I think this is a good suggestion but Now that 682 is buffed and range is large makes it hard to rc but maybe making it that you can only take few hits like 5 hits until 682 breaks your riot shield or something like that and making it so only works on people doe not make a riot shield worth it it doe not even work that well with weapons or knifes

Current: ------
Former: Nu7 1lt/WO SFTOx2 ECRS Hammer and Sickle Unit   l Gensec SGT l E11 CPL/Ranger l Alpha-1 MSGT l  
kawaii cute anime GIF

+/- Support

-Some SCPs can be blocked with riot shields like 076-2 normally

+I would say if riots shield get broken (after blocking 682's Hits) for a life or something like that, it would be fair for the SCPs

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

On 8/21/2020 at 3:43 AM, Falxen said:

actually i dont think thats the case, ive tested the riot shield, the shields damage which doesnt actually hit the players is added when they die, aka in a deathcard, ive done 10k damage to someone before they died, meaning that it could show in damage logs