Ape- Warn appeal

APE

Your In-game Name: Ape

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:485925174

The admin's name in-game: Zeus

The admin's steam name:[GL]erinemmanueljacob5

What warning did you receive: FailRP-Using Riot Shield On Dclass Brute

When did you receive this warning: For Using Riot Shield on Dclass Brute.

Why do you think this warn was false: Not in the MOTD yet, have never seen anyone else warned for it, ever.  There Is so confusion with this rule and so many conflicting statements from staff that Rang had to set the line straight for staff after I talked to him.

Evidence the warning is false: 20200726022150_1.jpg.5a0ef5e5286e69ca26f7f70feebc0ef9.jpg Example of such confusion from rather high ranking members of staff. 

Any extra information: Rang told me that has just recently made it clear to all staff that riot shield is no longer allowed, however that information is not yet accessible to the public and what they can see. Up until this point I don't think I have seen anyone warned for using riot shield on dclass, and have watched staff sit by and do nothing about it. If it is going to be enforced now, we need to let people know. I have been told in the past to not use it because I might get warned since it is an iffy rule, then I see moderators using it while playing dclass and or watching others use it and they receive no warnings. It would have been nice to be told "Hey, we are now enforcing it. It isn't in MOTD yet but it will be so it is best to not use it too save your skin." Instead anyone and everyone besides staff is left to assume that it still isn't warnable. 

Edited by APE

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

-Support

After what Jackwebb and Zeus have stated I've changed my verdict.

Edited by Sixx

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

I have warned the specific member verbally on many occasions to not use it. He states that other staff members have said they are unsure but staff have told on multiple occasions you shouldn’t be using it.  So the best option was to not use it. 
I had consulted with rang as well just before issuing the warning, with all this being taken into consideration I issued a warning. 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

Just now, Sixx said:

+/- 

It isn't in the MOTD but Rang has recently told staff about this.

Just today because I brought it up to him lol.

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

-support
This is a known glitch has been noted by I believe every single SMT member. It has been stated in-game, in discord, as well as forum post. Not the mention it literally says in the description of the riot shield it says "*SCP, Class D, and various other jobs may not have access to this SWEP*"
Also I mite add it doesn't need to be stated in the MOTD as it is a known GLITCH.
rule 10. Do not intentionally exploit any glitches, nor use third-party programs to gain an unfair advantage.
This is a warnable offence.

image.png.6b3224080f7e5f05e7ee2bf14e7fd706.png 

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

Just now, [GL] Zeus said:

I have warned the specific member verbally on many occasions to not use it. He states that other staff members have said they are unsure but staff have told on multiple occasions you shouldn’t be using it.  So the best option was to not use it. 
I had consulted with rang as well just before issuing the warning, with all this being taken into consideration I issued a warning. 

Months ago man, Like literally when I first bought it months ago. xD You warned me off the job because you believe it was obvious rule break, but it isn't in the MOTD and by Rang's Definition that is not obvious.

It wasn’t months ago, it was recent Ape. And I don’t think it can be months ago if this issue was found about like a month ago.

I shall not issue any further statements.

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

3 minutes ago, Jack (utility one) said:

Also I mite add it doesn't need to be stated in the MOTD as it is a known GLITCH.

If it didn't need to be stated in MOTD, Then why is it gonna be in the MOTD when its updated next? Rang said that it is gonna be added in, if It was so "Obvious" then they wouldn't need to put it in motd.

-Support, while usualy i feel it to be unfair to players to warn them for (Currently) Unwritten/Unclear rules, in this case you were apparently warned multiple times by Zeus to stop using the riot shield.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 minute ago, Falxen said:

-Support, while usualy i feel it to be unfair to players to warn them for (Currently) Unwritten/Unclear rules, in this case you were apparently warned multiple times by Zeus to stop using the riot shield.

Not in the same day, not in the same week, not In the same month. Whenever brute came out is when he told me, I guess he can say whatever he wants though since its his word against mine since he is staff.

4 minutes ago, APE said:

Not in the same day, not in the same week, not In the same month. Whenever brute came out is when he told me, I guess he can say whatever he wants though since its his word against mine since he is staff.

So he told you, and you are apparently still able to remember him telling you.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+support If this is such a big deal why is it not in suggestions [its not a bug] already to remove it vvv  from the brute if it is used on d-class CC simply remove it from the user for using it when they know they should not use it.   @Jack (utility one) its not really a glitch its just simply never been removed from the class. 10. Do not intentionally exploit any glitches would never apply here. If you wanna bring up the description  bro lets look at the falcon ,  I believe this is a matter out of all of staffs  power

furn.PNG.0f1688964d05852f6af7f7a22089039b.PNG

Edited by God Emperor Drip

Emperor of D-Block

10 minutes ago, God Emperor Drip said:

its not really a glitch its just simply never been removed from the class

It was a glitch. The falcon and the riot shield were unable to be held by D-class. Then the D-class Brute was added and those 2 items were now able to be held by D-class and D-class CC's. It's been noted and has been placed on a bug report and is currently being fixed. The warn is valid for breaking rule #10

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

I was in teamspeak with him when he was telling us about giving you a verbal warning. I'm not sure how many he gave but one should have been enough. 

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

@Jack (utility one)My point still stands not a bug or a glitch it has just never been removed.  A glitch would be for example the current trench knife how you can manipulate the cursor by hitting a wall then quickly pointing it at an entity hitting it that would be a glitch. 

Edited by God Emperor Drip

Emperor of D-Block

3 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
This is a known glitch has been noted by I believe every single SMT member. It has been stated in-game, in discord, as well as forum post. Not the mention it literally says in the description of the riot shield it says "*SCP, Class D, and various other jobs may not have access to this SWEP*"
rule 10. Do not intentionally exploit any glitches, nor use third-party programs to gain an unfair advantage.
This is a warnable offence.

image.png.6b3224080f7e5f05e7ee2bf14e7fd706.png 

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

DENIED

Based on the testimony provided in this case, I am upholding the warning and denying this appeal. While in normal circumstances I would approve this appeal as the MOTD update with the prohibition from D-Class using Riot Shields has not yet been pushed, the appellate in this case had been warned numerous times by staff previously against using the riot shield as a D-Class member, something that the appellate admitted to. As the appellate had previously received verbal warnings for this conduct, chose to continue to utilize the shield despite these warnings, and admitted to doing so, the warning is upheld.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021